Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,396   Msgs Posted: 118,607   Thread Views: 19,643,295   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-19-2016, 01:57 PM

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,429 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
I would love to see Paquette up with Jones and Thomas. But probably won't happen as both Thomas and Paquette are RH shots I think?
Thomas wasn't having a great night either, there were a few times on the PP and during the regular game where he ought to have taken a shot or skated it in further, but instead passed the puck.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Thomas wasn't having a great night either, there were a few times on the PP and during the regular game where he ought to have taken a shot or skated it in further, but instead passed the puck.
It's a learning curve for a lot of the younger guys. They're having games where it looks like they've got it all together, then another game it looks like they need more time. A lot of situations you're describing are times when it helps to have more experience under your belt to make those decisions. I think pretty much all of our youngsters need to have good games tonight in order for us not to be blown out.

Sure we can beat Erie, let's see if we can beat the real test... Like them or not, London is The measuring stick the rest of the league uses...

Although I'm sure somehow the officials WILL figure into this game. They always seem to when we play London. This will be the game everyone thinks of around the league when they think of Niagara. I for one think we can beat London. I believe they will take our boys lightly. And they will pay the price if they do.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,460 Times in 802 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

After tonight 14 of our first 22 games were at home.

Eventually this young team is going to have a slew of road games.

Bus legs and non preferrred matchups for lines.

Going to be a big obstacle
To overcome ... perhaps our record will come down to earth as a result.

Hope Knott ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
After tonight 14 of our first 22 games were at home.

Eventually this young team is going to have a slew of road games.

Bus legs and non preferrred matchups for lines.

Going to be a big obstacle
To overcome ... perhaps our record will come down to earth as a result.

Hope Knott ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah yes... The no hockey at home due to the Curling at the Vault. Not looking forward to that stretch... What is it? 2 Weeks? Twwwwooo... Weeeeeekssss... Sorry saw my Total Recall (The real one) moment, and took it...

Am I the only one that thought the ice looked sub optimal tonight, looked soft. And looked like a lot of people had trouble digging a good turn on it, lots of butts on ice.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard from a number of people who have played at the MC, and they all say that the ice is .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,366 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Have to think Strome being back will up the ante. Erie has to go for it now. London is right there and Windsor is hosting so they'll be going all in for sure. The east is wide open so a few teams will likely add. Makes the Knott haul even more disappointing.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2016, 07:38 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,082 Times in 997 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs holding their own By Bill Potrecz, The Standard

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...ding-their-own

One third of the way through his first season as head coach of the Niagara IceDogs, David Bell feels all is going according to plan, both on and off the ice. “It’s pretty much what I thought. There’s a lot of work, a lot of thought and a lot of coaching and adapting for players. You need to have patience with guys,” Bell said.

Considering the IceDogs are in a rebuilding mode, Bell is more than pleased with the results. “It’s on pace. It’s on par,” he said. “We were looking at some numbers as far as goals for and goals against and there’s nothing that’s hugely glaring. We’re right in the middle of the pack for both. Our penalty kill is right near the top and our power play is struggling. We have to work on that more but that’s young guys. Normally, your power play is older guys who have experience in the league. We don’t have that so that’s kind of expected.

“We really haven’t hit any oh-my-gosh-what-do-we-do-in-this-situation moments. It’s all been predictable. We’re just rolling along.”
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 08:43 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I have heard from a number of people who have played at the MC, and they all say that the ice is .
It definitely looked "off" to me on Friday. Just seeing the pucks slide in warm-ups it looked wonky. London played on that same ice, so that's no excuse, however, a barn like ours should be able to offer a proper playing surface every night.
Old 11-24-2016, 10:19 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Prob was esp after a concert.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:25 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The refrigeration system is turned up (made warmer) when groups rent the ice but is turned down (made colder) when the IceDogs are on the ice. If you have ever played in an NHL rink you would notice the same thing. I guess this helps save money.