Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,143   Msgs Posted: 130,358   Thread Views: 27,134,819   Online Now: 113
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 PM
the dog the dog is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 988
Thanks: 677
Thanked 419 Times in 245 Posts
the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Just back from from first two games. Talked to Rod Mawhood and he said he learned from Joey that the Ice Dogs can keep 5 O/A players until Nov. and 4 until Jan. Interesting !! Another thing at camp, Matt Brassard is skating with the red team #3, I don't understand that unless he is just getting some ice time. Also new goalie #29 white looked really solid in net. I know it's early, just saying he looked good.
must be staying in shape Brassard is 21
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-27-2019, 05:16 PM
g_squad's Avatar
g_squad g_squad is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Section 113
Posts: 337
Thanks: 566
Thanked 241 Times in 129 Posts
g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Just back from from first two games. Talked to Rod Mawhood and he said he learned from Joey that the Ice Dogs can keep 5 O/A players until Nov. and 4 until Jan. Interesting !! Another thing at camp, Matt Brassard is skating with the red team #3, I don't understand that unless he is just getting some ice time. Also new goalie #29 white looked really solid in net. I know it's early, just saying he looked good.
Thanks for the update. According to Elite Prospects, Owen Say was drafted by London in the 8th round of 2017. They must have cut him loose.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-27-2019, 08:59 PM
bulldog bulldog is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sec. 101 rowA seat 4/5
Posts: 1,996
Thanks: 608
Thanked 829 Times in 471 Posts
bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Thanks for the update. According to Elite Prospects, Owen Say was drafted by London in the 8th round of 2017. They must have cut him loose.
Sorry to say that he didn't look that sharp tonight. Also Brassard was not there, replaced by a much smaller #3.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-28-2019, 08:21 PM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 3,750
Thanks: 2,476
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default

This message is going to give away my age but, I have wanted to ask this question for a number of years.
In my day, during training camps, all the players were placed in a downtown hotel and were supervised by members of the staff and or organisation for the duration of their stay in camp.
Does this still go on or do the players and parents reserve rooms on their own, or, drive back and forth from home everyday.
Thanks in advance for any assistance here. Just curious...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 08-29-2019, 06:09 AM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 3,750
Thanks: 2,476
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Any thoughts on Christian Stevens, the player whose OHL rights we own via Windsor?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 08-29-2019, 08:46 AM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,245
Thanks: 1,320
Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Any thoughts on Christian Stevens, the player whose OHL rights we own via Windsor?
Both he and Jackson Doherty play with a bit of an edge - good players to have on the roster. A player that has caught my eye is FA D Zachary Betts. The kid can skate and play - very confident.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
  #37  
Old 08-29-2019, 09:06 AM
Red's Avatar
Red Red is offline
1st Line
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 995
Thanks: 292
Thanked 399 Times in 262 Posts
Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
This message is going to give away my age but, I have wanted to ask this question for a number of years.
In my day, during training camps, all the players were placed in a downtown hotel and were supervised by members of the staff and or organisation for the duration of their stay in camp.
Does this still go on or do the players and parents reserve rooms on their own, or, drive back and forth from home everyday.
Thanks in advance for any assistance here. Just curious...
I think the location of players and the level of supervision they receive is not a good topic of conversation for security purposes.
__________________
wE faLL iN LiNe, wE LiVe thE LiE - wAkE uP, wAkE uP aNd fEEd thE mAcHiNe
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 AM
retired/sectionJ's Avatar
retired/sectionJ retired/sectionJ is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Welland
Posts: 3,750
Thanks: 2,476
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I think the location of players and the level of supervision they receive is not a good topic of conversation for security purposes.
I was not asking for details on anything. Merely asked if they were places in one venue ( did not ask for any names) or are the parents on their own. No security issues here as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all the positivity this morning....
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,245
Thanks: 1,320
Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Managed to catch a few games…

Clearly Elite Players
-Akil Thomas
-Phil Tomasino
-Jacob Paquette

Clearly Good OHL Players
-Drew Hunter
-Elijah Roberts
-Oliver Castleman
-Kyen Sopa
-Andrew Bruder
-Mason Howard

Huge step forward in their development
-Jake Uberti
-Jonah DeSimone
-AJ Cook

Showed some progress
-Ethan Sims

Good First Impression
-Jackson Doherty
-Christian Stevens

Players who looked promising
GC Chanton
Landon Cato
(FA) Zachary Betts
Lucas Theriault
Ryan Campbell

Others who showed signs at times:
Jacob Code
Cameron Snow
Anthony Agostinelli
Michael Bissonette
Jacob Vreugdenhill
Toby Rizzo
Derek Pys
Matthew Riva
Cole Eichler

Isaac Enright clearly has the skills but physically needs get a lot stronger. I probably missed others that impressed but those players stood out in the few games I attended.

Interesting to see Enright with Paquette, Cato with Roberts and Chanton with Howard. Hmmm I wonder if Hunter is the one they are looking to move.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
  #40  
Old 08-29-2019, 03:10 PM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 4,171
Thanks: 143
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,103 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Managed to catch a few games…



Clearly Elite Players

-Akil Thomas

-Phil Tomasino

-Jacob Paquette



Clearly Good OHL Players

-Drew Hunter

-Elijah Roberts

-Oliver Castleman

-Kyen Sopa

-Andrew Bruder

-Mason Howard



Huge step forward in their development

-Jake Uberti

-Jonah DeSimone

-AJ Cook



Showed some progress

-Ethan Sims



Good First Impression

-Jackson Doherty

-Christian Stevens



Players who looked promising

GC Chanton

Landon Cato

(FA) Zachary Betts

Lucas Theriault

Ryan Campbell



Others who showed signs at times:

Jacob Code

Cameron Snow

Anthony Agostinelli

Michael Bissonette

Jacob Vreugdenhill

Toby Rizzo

Derek Pys

Matthew Riva

Cole Eichler



Isaac Enright clearly has the skills but physically needs get a lot stronger. I probably missed others that impressed but those players stood out in the few games I attended.



Interesting to see Enright with Paquette, Cato with Roberts and Chanton with Howard. Hmmm I wonder if Hunter is the one they are looking to move.


Ok

I need to bring the negative vibe to this discussion as that was an awfully optimistic post! Must have been posted by JB himself under your login info ... maybe time to change your password lol j/k

So here goes who was disappointing ?! Consider returning players and 2018 picks who haven’t made their mark yet.

Inquiring minds do want to know, did Stephen Halliday 100% report? Hehehe can’t resist.

Ps this is the first time since the Dogs have been here that I haven’t bothered to saunter over to the arena to check out some scrimmages ... and I work downtown ... some of it is bad timing but a larger portion of it is my new and growing apathetic outlook on the franchise ... I really hope that changes as the season gets going....not that I’m against a rebuild I’ve been through two of them and really do enjoy watching players progress ... it’s basically the organization chart that I don’t much care for ...

Anyways thanks for the message, based on it, I should prepare for a long playoff run! Go dogs!
(Laced with sarcasm in case you missed it)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019