Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,143   Msgs Posted: 130,358   Thread Views: 27,134,819   Online Now: 113
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:53 PM
1st Line

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Just back from from first two games. Talked to Rod Mawhood and he said he learned from Joey that the Ice Dogs can keep 5 O/A players until Nov. and 4 until Jan. Interesting !! Another thing at camp, Matt Brassard is skating with the red team #3, I don't understand that unless he is just getting some ice time. Also new goalie #29 white looked really solid in net. I know it's early, just saying he looked good.
must be staying in shape Brassard is 21
Old 08-27-2019, 05:16 PM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Just back from from first two games. Talked to Rod Mawhood and he said he learned from Joey that the Ice Dogs can keep 5 O/A players until Nov. and 4 until Jan. Interesting !! Another thing at camp, Matt Brassard is skating with the red team #3, I don't understand that unless he is just getting some ice time. Also new goalie #29 white looked really solid in net. I know it's early, just saying he looked good.
Thanks for the update. According to Elite Prospects, Owen Say was drafted by London in the 8th round of 2017. They must have cut him loose.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:59 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Thanks for the update. According to Elite Prospects, Owen Say was drafted by London in the 8th round of 2017. They must have cut him loose.
Sorry to say that he didn't look that sharp tonight. Also Brassard was not there, replaced by a much smaller #3.
Old 08-28-2019, 08:21 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

This message is going to give away my age but, I have wanted to ask this question for a number of years.
In my day, during training camps, all the players were placed in a downtown hotel and were supervised by members of the staff and or organisation for the duration of their stay in camp.
Does this still go on or do the players and parents reserve rooms on their own, or, drive back and forth from home everyday.
Thanks in advance for any assistance here. Just curious...
Old 08-29-2019, 06:09 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Any thoughts on Christian Stevens, the player whose OHL rights we own via Windsor?
Old 08-29-2019, 08:46 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Any thoughts on Christian Stevens, the player whose OHL rights we own via Windsor?
Both he and Jackson Doherty play with a bit of an edge - good players to have on the roster. A player that has caught my eye is FA D Zachary Betts. The kid can skate and play - very confident.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 09:06 AM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
This message is going to give away my age but, I have wanted to ask this question for a number of years.
In my day, during training camps, all the players were placed in a downtown hotel and were supervised by members of the staff and or organisation for the duration of their stay in camp.
Does this still go on or do the players and parents reserve rooms on their own, or, drive back and forth from home everyday.
Thanks in advance for any assistance here. Just curious...
I think the location of players and the level of supervision they receive is not a good topic of conversation for security purposes.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:31 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I think the location of players and the level of supervision they receive is not a good topic of conversation for security purposes.
I was not asking for details on anything. Merely asked if they were places in one venue ( did not ask for any names) or are the parents on their own. No security issues here as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for all the positivity this morning....
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,241 Times in 1,613 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Managed to catch a few games…

Clearly Elite Players
-Akil Thomas
-Phil Tomasino
-Jacob Paquette

Clearly Good OHL Players
-Drew Hunter
-Elijah Roberts
-Oliver Castleman
-Kyen Sopa
-Andrew Bruder
-Mason Howard

Huge step forward in their development
-Jake Uberti
-Jonah DeSimone
-AJ Cook

Showed some progress
-Ethan Sims

Good First Impression
-Jackson Doherty
-Christian Stevens

Players who looked promising
GC Chanton
Landon Cato
(FA) Zachary Betts
Lucas Theriault
Ryan Campbell

Others who showed signs at times:
Jacob Code
Cameron Snow
Anthony Agostinelli
Michael Bissonette
Jacob Vreugdenhill
Toby Rizzo
Derek Pys
Matthew Riva
Cole Eichler

Isaac Enright clearly has the skills but physically needs get a lot stronger. I probably missed others that impressed but those players stood out in the few games I attended.

Interesting to see Enright with Paquette, Cato with Roberts and Chanton with Howard. Hmmm I wonder if Hunter is the one they are looking to move.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,103 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Managed to catch a few games…

Clearly Elite Players

-Akil Thomas

-Phil Tomasino

-Jacob Paquette

Clearly Good OHL Players

-Drew Hunter

-Elijah Roberts

-Oliver Castleman

-Kyen Sopa

-Andrew Bruder

-Mason Howard

Huge step forward in their development

-Jake Uberti

-Jonah DeSimone

-AJ Cook

Showed some progress

-Ethan Sims

Good First Impression

-Jackson Doherty

-Christian Stevens

Players who looked promising

GC Chanton

Landon Cato

(FA) Zachary Betts

Lucas Theriault

Ryan Campbell

Others who showed signs at times:

Jacob Code

Cameron Snow

Anthony Agostinelli

Michael Bissonette

Jacob Vreugdenhill

Toby Rizzo

Derek Pys

Matthew Riva

Cole Eichler

Isaac Enright clearly has the skills but physically needs get a lot stronger. I probably missed others that impressed but those players stood out in the few games I attended.

Interesting to see Enright with Paquette, Cato with Roberts and Chanton with Howard. Hmmm I wonder if Hunter is the one they are looking to move.

Ok

I need to bring the negative vibe to this discussion as that was an awfully optimistic post! Must have been posted by JB himself under your login info ... maybe time to change your password lol j/k

So here goes who was disappointing ?! Consider returning players and 2018 picks who haven’t made their mark yet.

Inquiring minds do want to know, did Stephen Halliday 100% report? Hehehe can’t resist.

Ps this is the first time since the Dogs have been here that I haven’t bothered to saunter over to the arena to check out some scrimmages ... and I work downtown ... some of it is bad timing but a larger portion of it is my new and growing apathetic outlook on the franchise ... I really hope that changes as the season gets going....not that I’m against a rebuild I’ve been through two of them and really do enjoy watching players progress ... it’s basically the organization chart that I don’t much care for ...

Anyways thanks for the message, based on it, I should prepare for a long playoff run! Go dogs!
(Laced with sarcasm in case you missed it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk