Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,805,288   Msgs Posted: 139,126   Thread Views: 45,588,051   Online Now: 104
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-06-2022, 07:58 PM
Moderator Moderator is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,788
Thanks: 1
Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Moderator has disabled reputation
Game Thread Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 (Week 17)

Only two games this week and none of them at home:

Thu, Feb 10 NIAG @ NB 7:00 PM

Fri, Feb 11 NIAG @ SBY 7:05 PM

The IceDogs remain in 20th place overall (10th in the Eastern Conference) and the gap to 19th place has expanded to 7 points.
  #2  
Old 02-06-2022, 08:03 PM
OlDawg OlDawg is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vineland Station
Posts: 275
Thanks: 1,472
Thanked 57 Times in 39 Posts
OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Only two games this week and none of them at home:

Thu, Feb 10 NIAG @ NB 7:00 PM

Fri, Feb 11 NIAG @ SBY 7:05 PM

The IceDogs remain in 20th place overall (10th in the Eastern Conference) and the gap to 19th place has expanded to 7 points.
More to come as we all see the 'excellence' in our coaching staff. Very sad...

Last edited by OlDawg; 02-06-2022 at 08:05 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
  #3  
Old 02-07-2022, 02:26 PM
buck53 buck53 is offline
Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
buck53 is on a distinguished road
Default Time to move the Family

with 72 losses in the last 100 games..I know Billy Burke is not qualified to coach this team nor is Joey is the GM leader needed to right the ship..Daddy and Mommy have given them a playground to use and it shows how incompetent they are at running a key club. I am very seriously considering if the Burke's stay..mine and other season ticket holders will find another form of entertainment for our buck!!
Bill and Denise..are you listening!!
  #4  
Old 02-07-2022, 03:19 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,257
Thanks: 2,552
Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck53 View Post
with 72 losses in the last 100 games..I know Billy Burke is not qualified to coach this team nor is Joey is the GM leader needed to right the ship..Daddy and Mommy have given them a playground to use and it shows how incompetent they are at running a key club. I am very seriously considering if the Burke's stay..mine and other season ticket holders will find another form of entertainment for our buck!!
Bill and Denise..are you listening!!
They don’t care if you and others go cause you’d eventually if not immediately be replaced that might be harsh but it’s a reality as for the losses thing two years ago was the start of a rebuild (after the deadline) im not counting before cause our team had some decent players before it and this year is just what last year would’ve been which at best is an 8th place team which it could still be I doubt it happens but it’s possible people won’t agree or like it but I’m just being honest just look before the season a lot if not all of the “knowledgeable” around the league had us 8-10th expect for fans or people around the team

Last edited by dogs777; 02-07-2022 at 03:22 PM.
  #5  
Old 02-07-2022, 06:55 PM
5 for fighting 5 for fighting is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 647
Thanks: 56
Thanked 477 Times in 257 Posts
5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
They don’t care if you and others go cause you’d eventually if not immediately be replaced that might be harsh but it’s a reality as for the losses thing two years ago was the start of a rebuild (after the deadline) im not counting before cause our team had some decent players before it and this year is just what last year would’ve been which at best is an 8th place team which it could still be I doubt it happens but it’s possible people won’t agree or like it but I’m just being honest just look before the season a lot if not all of the “knowledgeable” around the league had us 8-10th expect for fans or people around the team
I disagree that if fans stop going they will be replaced. Even before Covid the Icedogs did not sell out that often. If fans stop going attendance will decline.

However I think people are frustrated because last season was terrible and this season is just as bad. But I think we just need to forget last season and look at this season as the first year of the rebuild. Mistakes were made (trading away too many young players and draft picks, bad draft years, etc.) but you can’t go back in time and I do think they have a good group of young players now. I think the team will be decent next season and push for a championship the year after that.
  #6  
Old 02-07-2022, 07:15 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,257
Thanks: 2,552
Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I disagree that if fans stop going they will be replaced. Even before Covid the Icedogs did not sell out that often. If fans stop going attendance will decline.

However I think people are frustrated because last season was terrible and this season is just as bad. But I think we just need to forget last season and look at this season as the first year of the rebuild. Mistakes were made (trading away too many young players and draft picks, bad draft years, etc.) but you can’t go back in time and I do think they have a good group of young players now. I think the team will be decent next season and push for a championship the year after that.
I don’t remember the attendance numbers exactly from 2 years ago but I don’t think they were that bad considering we usually don’t start getting crazy good crowds until around January-February (meaning sellouts) because football is over unless it’s the specialty games as for the bad trades and draft picks pretty much every team can say that except maybe London for some obvious reasons �� I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I think missing last year like it or not has had a big impact on the way some guys have looked this year

Last edited by dogs777; 02-07-2022 at 07:17 PM.
  #7  
Old 02-07-2022, 07:53 PM
three dog night three dog night is offline
All Star
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: st.catharines Section A Row F Seat 9
Posts: 6,409
Thanks: 3,163
Thanked 1,300 Times in 886 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Here a memory refresh of our attendance https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attenda...h.php?tmi=7121
  #8  
Old 02-07-2022, 07:54 PM
three dog night three dog night is offline
All Star
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: st.catharines Section A Row F Seat 9
Posts: 6,409
Thanks: 3,163
Thanked 1,300 Times in 886 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Of course this year an asterisk with crowd restrictions of late.
  #9  
Old 02-07-2022, 08:27 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 4,257
Thanks: 2,552
Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Here a memory refresh of our attendance https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attenda...h.php?tmi=7121
So only slightly down from the year when we “going for it” that’s still pretty good IMO for a team that was going to start a rebuild
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 02-08-2022, 09:42 AM
Dogs Enthusiast 104 Dogs Enthusiast 104 is offline
Big League
 

Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 2,076
Thanks: 440
Thanked 947 Times in 627 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

The fans will come back. I think that eventually(5 or 10 years), the Ice Dogs will be an automatic sellout. The City and Region are growing and the people moving here have money. As soon as covid is truly over attendance will return to where we left off 2 years ago.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheering the hardest in Sec. 104.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019