Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,811,050   Msgs Posted: 139,297   Thread Views: 45,802,297   Online Now: 103
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:25 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,411 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Agreed, firing them says what they did was wrong. Tough play over Easter and what with Mother's Day and Father's Day looming. Selling up and riding off into the sunset would be the middle option, but there is a third. Appeal for a lower fine and reduced penalty, ride out a year and go on like nothing happened.

I renew my tickets with option one or two.

I renew my ticket anyways ? early bird option already selected !

I truly hope they sell ? I have had enough of those two running the show.

I love watching OHL hockey too much to give it up over these two . . .

May be a little awkward at the Burke Easter gathering this weekend lol ah to be a fly on the wall there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2022, 10:58 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Agreed, firing them says what they did was wrong. Tough play over Easter and what with Mother's Day and Father's Day looming. Selling up and riding off into the sunset would be the middle option, but there is a third. Appeal for a lower fine and reduced penalty, ride out a year and go on like nothing happened.

I renew my tickets with option one or two.
I also renewed my tickets. I donít see a reduced fine or suspension but I could see them riding the two years out
Old 04-12-2022, 11:04 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,305 Times in 890 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

I hunk the fine will be reduced was Flint fined for the racist remarks by their GM.
Old 04-12-2022, 11:24 PM
4th Line

poochlover has a spectacular aura aboutpoochlover has a spectacular aura about

Who cares!! It is very obvious that the Burkes have no business in any type of hockey business, Sell,go get into another disaster with the family in tow and let the OHL thrive without this cancer.The experiment is over,,,,,,it was a disaster!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poochlover For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2022, 06:23 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
Who cares!! It is very obvious that the Burkes have no business in any type of hockey business, Sell,go get into another disaster with the family in tow and let the OHL thrive without this cancer.The experiment is over,,,,,,it was a disaster!!
I have to disagree with you...when it was run by Bill senior and Denise, this team was great for the community and did a wonderful job. It was only when they decided to install the two sons that everything started to go downhill. Kick them to the curb, hire a decent coach and a new general manager and we could soon be back in business...we have some excellent talented players who could develop into a force in the OHL.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2022, 06:28 AM
Grump

Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,203 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I hunk the fine will be reduced was Flint fined for the racist remarks by their GM.
I think the problem now is that the OHL realizes with Flint and Niagara hitting the headlines so close together, the league has to be seen to be doing something about the problem. The culture of disparaging differences is not unique to these two teams despite how enlightened the OHL portrays itself. Branch&Co now have a scape goat they can make an example of. I don't see a reduction coming, with the gaslit apology outright lies, the OHL may double down and ban them completely.
Old 04-13-2022, 07:42 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,416 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
That GM has been expelled from the league and never allowed back in.

So, sure let's reduce the fine and never let the Burke kids back in the OHL. Sound good?

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-13-2022 at 07:44 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2022, 01:57 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

Interesting to look at the first 6 years (when Marty Williamson was in control). 2 Conference championships, 1 conference finalist and never missed the playoffs. Compare that to the last 6 years and it suggests that the nepotism was a bad business choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2022, 02:50 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

The other side of the story.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...he-editor.html

Quote:
More to IceDogs story

Re: OHL suspends Niagara IceDogs GM, head coach, April 6

The IceDogs organization is a wonderful community-oriented employer. We have lots of fun at the office and have a bonded team both on the hockey side and the business side. Don’t believe everything you read.

To say Billy and Joey Burke violated the OHL’s harassment, abuse and diversity policy is overstatement and this situation has been blown way out of proportion. And there’s so much you don’t know. The real problem is that a trusted staff member chose to share a private group chat in order to spread gossip on social media.

I love working for this organization and have been with them since Day 1. Our entire team works passionately to provide a night of entertainment for fans.

The boys are nothing but respectful, kind and hard-working. We are mostly female staff on the business side, and our fitness trainer is also female. We have many female volunteers and subcontractors. None of us has ever felt the way the media has portrayed our workplace.

We are proud to work for an organization that has engaged diversity in both our employees and our players. For those of you who do not know Billy and Joey personally, both are professional, funny, smart, passionate and respectful of others’ opinions and viewpoints. When things seem bleak, we can count on these young men to lift our spirits and motivate us to have faith and look positively to the future.

Further, Bill Sr. and Denise have given more than you know to keep this organization afloat. It is not the “money-maker” some misinformed people believe. The costs of running a hockey team far outweigh revenues and COVID-19 absolutely killed us. Let’s show the Burkes love and support during this horrific time. None of us would want to be in this position.

Tracey Findlay
Controller, Niagara IceDogs Hockey Club
Interesting that the Controller says they are not profitable. She would know.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2022, 03:16 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,416 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
The other side of the story.

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...he-editor.html

Interesting that the Controller says they are not profitable. She would know.
Makes you wonder why a junior hockey team that doesn't make money is worth millions of dollars?

For the record, I don't believe the numbers that Westhead cites in the article, but when they sell for millions they have to be making money.

https://www.tsn.ca/chl-franchises-wo...study-1.522306

Last edited by fishfan51; 04-13-2022 at 03:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: