Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,811,052   Msgs Posted: 139,297   Thread Views: 45,802,636   Online Now: 102
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:33 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute
Default Icedogs Xtra Show on Cogeco

I was really surprised when I watched the Icedogs Xtra show on Cogeco last week. Media across the country and even in the US have been talking about the leaked WhatsApp conversation, the much criticized apology from the IceDogs and the rumours of the team being sold. The Icedogs scandal was literally making headlines across Canada. There has never been so much media attention on the Icedogs.

But the Icedogs Xtra show said nothing. They made a quick reference to the incident when they said the players could be excused for being distracted because of the suspension but that was it. Really? The whole situation is being analyzed in media everywhere and a show that is suppose to be all about the Icedogs pretty much ignored the whole thing? It really hurts the credibility of the show.

Even the OHL round table that is played between the second and third periods on Cogeco OHL broadcasts discussed the incident because it’s pretty hard to ignore something that has gotten so much attention. But somehow the Icedogs Xtra show didn’t think it deserved any attention.

I would like to think this week’s year in review show will discuss it but sadly I think it will be ignored again. If this show won’t even discuss what is arguable the most analyzed and talked about event in Icedogs history, is the show even worth watching?

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 04-19-2022 at 11:41 PM.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:09 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I was really surprised when I watched the Icedogs Xtra show on Cogeco last week. Media across the country and even in the US have been talking about the leaked WhatsApp conversation, the much criticized apology from the IceDogs and the rumours of the team being sold. The Icedogs scandal was literally making headlines across Canada. There has never been so much media attention on the Icedogs.

But the Icedogs Xtra show said nothing. They made a quick reference to the incident when they said the players could be excused for being distracted because of the suspension but that was it. Really? The whole situation is being analyzed in media everywhere and a show that is suppose to be all about the Icedogs pretty much ignored the whole thing? It really hurts the credibility of the show.

Even the OHL round table that is played between the second and third periods on Cogeco OHL broadcasts discussed the incident because it’s pretty hard to ignore something that has gotten so much attention. But somehow the Icedogs Xtra show didn’t think it deserved any attention.

I would like to think this week’s year in review show will discuss it but sadly I think it will be ignored again. If this show won’t even discuss what is arguable the most analyzed and talked about event in Icedogs history, is the show even worth watching?
Why would we be surprised by the silence from the members of this show. They have no choice but to surrender to the Burkes. If they were to go deep into this, the team would cut them off from information on the club in the future. This show is about the ice dogs after all. No more interviews from staff and players. No access to the media area, etc. They say too much, their show disappears. It's all about censorship.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 07:54 AM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Zero guts, zero credibilty, zero integrity.

Nothing more than puppets for the organization. Everyone in the hockey world has an denounced and condemned the spoiled kids for their comments. This "tv show" that is supposed to be all things Niagara Ice Dogs doesn't have the balls to address it?

Give me a break, they're so afraid of losing access to the organization that they say nothing. Saying nothing with the platform they hold is essentially saying they're ok with it.

Instead of asking each other some crap easy lob ball questions and making up stupid polls for yourselves. Grow a pair and state your opinion on the embarrasing state this team is in. They said they didn't know what was in the text, so couldn't comment on it. But, the following week, when the world saw it, still no comment. What a joke they are. Watch them comment and have an opinion on the upcoming draft without ever watching these kids play though
Bring back DJ Brooks. At least he had the guts to say it as it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to NachoLou For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 08:38 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,471 Times in 1,411 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I am surprised that you are surprised they did not discuss it in great detail. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 09:13 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I am surprised that you are surprised they did not discuss it in great detail. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me as well. Say exactly what we want you to say or the show is done. Not much choice.
Old 04-20-2022, 09:38 AM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if anyone heard this, but good on Rod Mawhood to at least bring it up, ask questions and dig a little deeper.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/a...3?mode=Article
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 10:43 AM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Good for Rod. He works for the Icedogs but still discussed it.

Look at the St Catharines Standard. They have had several articles about it including re-typing the conversation and criticizing the apology. I am sure they will still have their press pass and will be able to have access to the coach and players.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 11:37 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Good for Rod. He works for the Icedogs but still discussed it.

Look at the St Catharines Standard. They have had several articles about it including re-typing the conversation and criticizing the apology. I am sure they will still have their press pass and will be able to have access to the coach and players.
There is a very big difference between the crew of the Cogeco TV show who I believe are volunteers and Rod Mawhood who is a seasoned veteran as a sports reporter and the Standard who are professional. They cannot be intimidated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 02:40 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,203 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NachoLou View Post
Bring back DJ Brooks. At least he had the guts to say it as it is.
He did? Really??

I must have missed that episode. I stopped watching when I realized they never asked any tough questions. As for being locked out, if you don't assert your journalistic integrity, you don't have any. If the team cuts you out, then that's the story. At this point the team doesn't need anymore controversy.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2022, 04:46 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
He did? Really??

I must have missed that episode. I stopped watching when I realized they never asked any tough questions. As for being locked out, if you don't assert your journalistic integrity, you don't have any. If the team cuts you out, then that's the story. At this point the team doesn't need anymore controversy.
Brooks grilled them when you compare Young and the two yes men they have now. Yes, Brooks wasn’t a hard hitting “journalist” but compared to the gutless trash trio they have now he was.