Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,810,833   Msgs Posted: 139,281   Thread Views: 45,773,051   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-27-2018, 05:22 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,409 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I am fine with this trade Ham for two 2nds and a third, as long as they bring back a player who returns next year (and not returning as an OA).

If they were to use these picks to trade for an OA, I won’t be so thrilled with this trade.

This also weakens our D and IMO we will need to use these picks to get another D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2018, 05:33 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,020 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

This was a tough situation for both Liam Ham and Joey Burke – the trade was done to accommodate Ham and thus this trade of compassion needs to be viewed slightly differently. That being said, the IceDogs did very well.

IceDogs deal Ham to Mississauga
By Bill Potrecz - November 27, 2018

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/icedog...o-mississauga/

Ham asked for a trade to be closer to his father who is dealing with a serious health issue. “We felt compelled as an organization to try and help Liam out,” IceDogs general manager Joey Burke said. “He can continue his career and live at home. It was a win-win situation.”
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,020 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I am fine with this trade Ham for two 2nds and a third, as long as they bring back a player who returns next year (and not returning as an OA).

If they were to use these picks to trade for an OA, I won’t be so thrilled with this trade.

This also weakens our D and IMO we will need to use these picks to get another D.

Burke said the additional draft picks could come in handy as the IceDogs look for additional depth on the blueline with both Ham and Billy Constantinou gone via trades.

I believe we'll see a few more trades this week - someone coming in and someone going out. Another interesting week for IceDogs' fans!
Old 11-27-2018, 05:35 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,409 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I wasn’t aware of the family issues.

Sorry to hear that.

Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,161 Times in 684 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I wasn’t aware of the family issues.

Sorry to hear that.

Regardless... 2 2nds and a 3rd for Ham is a steal for the icedogs... wishing him and his family all the best in this tough times
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 06:28 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to thank Liam Ham for his stellar service here and wish him all the very best in Mississauga. I also hope that whatever his father is going through will be resolved soon and he will gain a full recovery. I will miss Liam and will welcome him back any time he plays at the Meridian Centre.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 10:10 PM
3rd Line

bauer124 is absolutely hated by othersbauer124 is absolutely hated by others
Default trade

Just read that Liam Ham has being traded to Mississauga for draft picks.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

If I can just echo what Dogs77 has said, 2 2nd-rounders and a 3rd rounder is a stellar return on a trade made from a difficult position.
I really wish Liam Ham and his Dad and the Ham Family health and peace as they go through this. And Liam, we’ll see you down the road in Mississauga!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Marty had two kicks at the can and when he suddenly left, the draft cupboard was bare.
Suddenly left? I am sure he was planning to replenish the cupboard and didn't plan on getting fired.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:16 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Suddenly left? I am sure he was planning to replenish the cupboard and didn't plan on getting fired.
I am certain that he would have rebuilt the cupboard; had he been given the chance and rebuilt the roster as he had done 2 years before.

Yes, suddenly left... as I do not believe that a lot of people here ever thought for one minute that Marty would get fired.
Yes, unexpected in deed