Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,805,267   Msgs Posted: 139,121   Thread Views: 45,585,507   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-06-2022, 05:56 AM
Grump

Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,189 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Yet another goalie, and this one plays for Brantford 99ers.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:28 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Yet another goalie, and this one plays for Brantford 99ers.
My biggest worry with our potential new owner is we see that team come up a lot in both the normal draft and the U18
Old 05-06-2022, 09:50 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,303 Times in 1,410 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
My biggest worry with our potential new owner is we see that team come up a lot in both the normal draft and the U18
Suddenly, you're worried about nepotism? How ironic.

Last edited by fishfan51; 05-06-2022 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:08 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Suddenly, you're worried about nepotism? How ironic.
Never said I wasnít worried before now did I? All I said was give the boys one more shot at it then go from there
Old 05-06-2022, 10:20 AM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Never said I wasnít worried before now did I? All I said was give the boys one more shot at it then go from there
You basically made excuses for every stupid thing they did. That pretty much indicates you weren't.
Old 05-06-2022, 10:32 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
You basically made excuses for every stupid thing they did. That pretty much indicates you weren't.
So you assume things because I gave my opinion on certain things that you and other people on here donít like/agree cause they hate the boys (now with good reason) Iíll still do the same for the new coach and GM if I think they deserve it and I always say what I think so if Iím worried/not worried Iíll say it 😂
Old 05-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
So you assume things because I gave my opinion on certain things that you and other people on here donít like/agree cause they hate the boys (now with good reason) Iíll still do the same for the new coach and GM if I think they deserve it and I always say what I think so if Iím worried/not worried Iíll say it 😂
No, you made excuses and blamed other posters for calling them out. You often said, people are just saying that "just because it was the owners kids". When people screamed how inept they were and only held jobs because of nepotism, you were ok with it.

Now you're afraid that a new owner might pay special attention to a few kids on another team he owns?

Explain the difference.

I'm not saying I'm ok with it either way. I think both ways are trash. Get the best players and management you can regardless of connection or bloodline.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2022, 10:57 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
No, you made excuses and blamed other posters for calling them out. You often said, people are just saying that "just because it was the owners kids". When people screamed how inept they were and only held jobs because of nepotism, you were ok with it.

Now you're afraid that a new owner might pay special attention to a few kids on another team he owns?

Explain the difference.

I'm not saying I'm ok with it either way. I think both ways are trash. Get the best players and management you can regardless of connection or bloodline.
Yes and I believe that if they werenít the owners kids they wouldnít get as much crap as they did from posters again just my opinion Iím not stupid I know why they had the jobs but was willing to give them one more kick at the can because IMO weather it was Billy or another HC our last team to ďgo for itĒ wasnít good enough. I guess I wouldnít be as concerned if this guys teams had a decent track record but they donít so the first thing I think of is if they canít do it there what makes you think theyíll be any good here
Old 05-06-2022, 11:07 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:

Yes and I believe that if they werenít the owners kids they wouldnít get as much crap as they did from posters again just my opinion Iím not stupid I know why they had the jobs but was willing to give them one more kick at the can because IMO weather it was Billy or another HC our last team to ďgo for itĒ wasnít good enough. I guess I wouldnít be as concerned if this guys teams had a decent track record but they donít so the first thing I think of is if they canít do it there what makes you think theyíll be any good here
This is a concern of mine as well. I'm hoping it's an ownership "group" that he'll have to answer to. I'm also hoping it's not a new toy for a rich guy who wants to be the GM and pretend it's a fantasy hockey team for fun. Or can't recognize he's over his head like the last two.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2022, 05:46 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,400 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

If they were not the owners kids, and they had the same experience that they have (zero), the. They would not have been in those positions to have been criticized because they would not have been hired

So they deserved the criticism that was lobbed at them by virtue of the fact that they only got the jobs cuz of nepotism

And generally I did not mind JB as GM I mean he made some mistakes every GM does. I often wondered if he was Blacksox tbh lol

Apparently JB (by his own admission) did not know how to hire a scouting staff. Lol

BB on the other hand I could not stand and he was in over his head IMO and may have cost us a legit shot at a championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: