Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 996,341   Msgs Posted: 118,479   Thread Views: 19,566,622   Online Now: 77
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:19 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,781 Times in 1,358 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

NCWALKER:

How many Brampton rinks do you want me to put into that Pen Center area? I didn't resize any of these, this is straight cut and paste from the satellite photos:

I could even cut and paste the Brampton rink WITH it's attached side-rink and probably fit *2* nicely in there.

Actually, if you tilted that bottom rink so it's verticle, you could probably get 2 more in there, making it a total of 7 BRAMPTON RINKS in the area you said couldn't fit one.

I'll do Mississauga next...
Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

And I wasn't sure if you wanted BOTH buildings of the MIssissauga complex or not, so I included them anyway. So here's the Mississauga complex, *x2* with *both* its buildings.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:27 AM
SysOp

So as you can see, that area at the bottom can easily fit an arena TWICE THE SIZE of Mississauga's arena.

So you're right, we dont' have enough room for 5000 seat rink. How about a 10,000 seater?

Anyone care to send a shot of the JLC in London or the Aud in Kitch?

ANYONE ELSE HERE STILL SMOKING SO MUCH CRACK THEY THINK ARENAS WON'T FIT? (sorry, but TheQuietOne said the EXACT same thing last night on the game.... so hopefully the above photos have SHUT EVERYONE UP about this)
Old 01-25-2008, 10:20 AM
3rd Line

dogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nicedogsphotog is just really nice

Guys, just to let you know, you can easily fit an arena with a 125m x 75m (400ft x 250ft) footprint in either site 1 or 2, and you could also fit an arena with a 125m x 100m (400ft x 325ft) footprint in site 2. However, I personally think the best place to put a new rink would be at the 406 & HWY 20, That way you would be 10/25 mins from everywhere in the region. Just my $0.02
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
All Star

WellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond reputeWellandDogsFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsphotog View Post
Guys, just to let you know, you can easily fit an arena with a 125m x 75m (400ft x 250ft) footprint in either site 1 or 2, and you could also fit an arena with a 125m x 100m (400ft x 325ft) footprint in site 2. However, I personally think the best place to put a new rink would be at the 406 & HWY 20, That way you would be 10/25 mins from everywhere in the region. Just my $0.02

ding ding ding ding And the winner is....dogsphotog!!! I couldnt agree with you more. I think that is the best spot out there. Run a shuttle bus from the falls and st catharenes to the arena on game nights for those that do not drive.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM
2nd Line

cope is a jewel in the roughcope is a jewel in the roughcope is a jewel in the rough

Ok, I have an idea, lets not build a multi-level parking at the pen, lets build a multi-level arena, with a practise arean on the bottom and the main arean on top.

Lets see you arena designers figure that out.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:40 AM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cope View Post
Ok, I have an idea, lets not build a multi-level parking at the pen, lets build a multi-level arena, with a practise arean on the bottom and the main arean on top.

Lets see you arena designers figure that out.
THat would be easy to build - just make an 8 story building but only put in stories 1 and 4 Although having everyone climb up to the main arena on top might be get some complaints

Or we could build a 4-pad arena, with all 4 pads stacked on top of each other. People driving by downtown could ask "what's that big 30 story building".... "oh, that's just the 7 ice rinks stacked up on top of each other" heheh
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 AM
skatee

dogsphotog is on the ball... perfect access.. central...
Old 01-25-2008, 10:44 AM
3rd Line

joecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the roughjoecanadian is a jewel in the rough

i really like the idea of a new arena in the pen centre area, how about right across the street. knock down the pedale (nobody ever goes there anyways) and build there.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:46 AM
SysOp

Logistically, HWY.406/20 would be great for the people of Niagara (might loose a good chunk of St. Catharines people who don't want to drive the 406 in the snow), but from a commercial perspective, I can't see anyone wanting to drop down an arena out in the crop fields of booney land. Most arenas like to be built close by a commercial area so that those businesses can benefit from it.

Of course, land would be cheap out there compared to in the city, but I just can't see them wanting to put a rink out in the middle of nowhere with nothing around it but forest and crops. If the arena was free to be built and they only cared about the fans, sure they'd do it. But they can't just turn their back on the business community and put a rink 10 miles away from the closest commercial area. Now if you put it right smack in the MIDDLE of a commercial area, I think they'd get a lot more support for it being built.

Tags
new arena