Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,389    Downloads: 1,092,904   Msgs Posted: 119,926   Thread Views: 20,550,918   Online Now: 75
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > The Meridian Center

Notices

The Meridian Center All talk, news, comments, on building our new arena go in here.

Old 04-06-2009, 09:09 PM
2nd Line

brendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura aboutbrendan_435 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to brendan_435

Oh, and that last pic kind of reminds me of windsor's new rink. They did a pretty nice job on that one. Probably partially because they realized what kind of effect the atmosphere of the barn had on the game experience. Sure, no new arena is gonna be as loud as on old rink, but the WFCU centre planners at least kept the fan experience as part of what the rink needed
Old 04-06-2009, 09:41 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan_435 View Post
yeah you know what, maybe an extra inch or two would be good, compared with the jack's current setup, but the main problem is, you have 40 seats to a row. That's where the trouble with people walking past you is. If it wasn't built with the 1938 firecode in mind,the problem would be halved. also, if you do a twin bowl design, no seat is to far away from teh ice, because after the first 25 rows or whatever, you start right on top of the ice again.
I love the 40 seats to a row To heck with the fire code The place looks way better when it's packed and all you see is people and NO aisles Total old-time hockey.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:17 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,784 Times in 1,360 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

I was looking at some stats in the admin panel on attachments, and came across these. Our brand new arena!!

THE NIAGARA GARDENS :

I can't remember who rendered these shots, but thanks again for them!

Hehe, even the size of a new arena in the lower lot can't cover up the CRAPHOLE looking skyline we have with those makeshift looking buildings all over the place. GRR.

AAAHA!! I just noticed the "Gales Gas Bars" ad on the inside rink image. And the IceDogs logo on scoreclock. At least we're winning 3-1.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:05 PM
2nd Line

Thanked 1,070 Times in 400 Posts
LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!LocalSportsReport is absolutely magnificent!
Default the NEW ARENA talk thread

There is also a 'virtual new arena thread' here but that's more for the fans' hopes and dreams of what they want in a new arena.

-alphadog
-------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkymarky14j View Post
You're right about things not getting under way for a new arena. But its typical. This Niagara area can't hang on to a OHL franchise. Or at least they never have been able too.
I'm a little confused about your comment. Are you suggesting that there isn't any progress towards a new arena? Actually, behind the scenes, a lot is happening. The city has issued tenders for an arena feasibility study. The study is necessary to obtain funding under the new federal P3 program. Talks with both the federal and provincial levels of government have gone well. The city has taken a tour of the new Windsor rink and will be taking a tour of the new Oshawa rink later this month.

Progress is definitely being made, but of course, these things take time.

At this point I'm extremely optimistic that a new arena will be approved within the next year to year and a half.

Last edited by slats; 11-11-2009 at 03:36 PM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LocalSportsReport For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM
2nd Line

sparkymarky14j will become famous soon enoughsparkymarky14j will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalSportsReport View Post
I'm a little confused about your comment. Are you suggesting that there isn't any progress towards a new arena? Actually, behind the scenes, a lot is happening. The city has issued tenders for an arena feasibility study. The study is necessary to obtain funding under the new federal P3 program. Talks with both the federal and provincial levels of government have gone well. The city has taken a tour of the new Windsor rink and will be taking a tour of the new Oshawa rink later this month.

At this point I'm extremely optimistic that a new arena will be approved within the next year to year and a half.
Well I'm definately glad to hear that. We as fans are kept in the dark and I already was thinking about another Niagara area team going by the way-side. Then there is encouragement after all. Thank you for letting us know.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:45 PM
DogFan

Quote:
Hey look a year from now......what is happening a year from now........hmmmmmmm, oh yea an election!!
Look we got you a free new arena(after federal funding and selling the Jack land to a developer)!! Vote for us!
If for some reason things go wrong.....they wait until after the election to build one and you have three years to forget the cost.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

rowdi29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Lol... I will still be more optimistic when I here about it from someone outside of this forum...or better yet when a shovel gets stuck in the ground...afterall seeing is believing...lol
Old 11-10-2009, 04:59 PM
3rd Line

Alpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the roughAlpha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Look, applying for federal money and getting approved are 2 different things. There is already a lot of federal money being spent on a new pool, a new arts center, a new conference center in Niagara Falls. The P3 is money that is suppose to generate jobs; St. Catharines/Niagara already have a lot of jobs on the go; I am pretty certain that other projects in other areas will get the green light over us. And before, someone jumps down my throat, I work in the industry people, I have a good understanding of how projects get off the ground, how governments get involved. A lot of my accounts, have the same feeling. People do not get your hopes up. I would wager it takes a miracle for this to happen. Remember people, we are not the only ones applying for this money; several communities across the country are after the same thing we are.
Old 11-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Serving a Suspension

rowdi29 will become famous soon enough

any other communities have a 1000 year old arena?...lol we should be at the top of the list.

Last edited by rowdi29; 11-11-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 PM
1st Line

Passionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of lightPassionforhockey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFan View Post
Hey look a year from now......what is happening a year from now........hmmmmmmm, oh yea an election!!
Look we got you a free new arena(after federal funding and selling the Jack land to a developer)!! Vote for us!
If for some reason things go wrong.....they wait until after the election to build one and you have three years to forget the cost.
actually, i can see many councillors campaigning against an arena..

Tags
new arena