Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,417    Downloads: 1,182,440   Msgs Posted: 120,976   Thread Views: 21,202,869   Online Now: 80
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-28-2018, 05:38 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I see that one of our imports isnt on the list or my eyes just arent working too well
I didnt see him on a roster either and unfortunately cant get to camp today to see if it was just a mistake or if hes not there
Old 08-28-2018, 06:05 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I see that one of our imports isnt on the list or my eyes just arent working too well
He still home working with the development team might be here by the end of the week.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,084 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

So aside from the returning players (and Lodnia), did any of the new faces impress those who were out watching today?
Old 08-28-2018, 07:08 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,414 Times in 863 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
So aside from the returning players (and Lodnia), did any of the new faces impress those who were out watching today?
Jake Uberti impressed me again today as he did in Kitchener during the OHL Gold Cup.
He was our 2nd pick in the 4th round.
there were 3 or 4 others that looked real good. Not sure if they will break camp with the team, but, they put on a good show.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2018, 10:32 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
First day of camp, really not many surprises. I wouldn't be surprised to see the IceDogs package Billy C and some picks to get that Top 4 forward (LW) that they really need. Picking up another good Dman wouldn't break my heart, as it stands I'm betting Schaefer starts the year, and they try to feature him to entice another team to take him off our hands. We do have an embarrassment of riches on the backend... On the negative side, it's very young.

I know a lot of people would like to see the end of the Roberts experiment, but I wouldn't be so hasty, I'm thinking he's going to end up in the middle pairing.

Didn't see as much as I was hoping out of Mason Howard, Nardi still looked a bit lost, and I was really hoping Bisonette would impress, unfortunately he looked a little bit like a pylon. So, I'm gonna chalk it up to first day of camp-itis, and hope tomorrow they will be up to speed. Howard's positioning, and angles look good, and his skating has improved, he just didn't look 100% there today.

Every one of the free agent invitees looked like they were just there to fill a jersey. Not one looked like he was applying for a job. Maybe Michal Sivek was the top FA based on what I saw. I did spend a fair amount of time looking at the rosters puzzling out who was who... But if I'm being honest. I was more impressed with Cameron Snow, who looks like Lucas Chiodo's baby brother, than I was by any of the free agent invitees. And I kind of thought he was way undersized, but he looked pretty good, speedy, and elusive, but at that size, I guess you have to be.

There was some hitting today, but I saw more guys pulling up than crashing and banging... Probably a good thing... Anyone hear anything about Ryan Campbell, didn't see him in the games, was he that milquetoast that I didn't notice him (kidding), or was he not suited up? I was really looking forward to getting a look at him.

Would like to know who the 6th goalie was supposed to be... Poor Jukka Schotter had to play 2 full games, while everyone else played 2 half games... Oh well, he's the one playing for a job... Tucker Tynan looked pretty good in his action. Is it me, or does Colton Incze always start camp more upright, then as things progress becomes more of an 'artful flopper' like Dhillon...

Last edited by AuldBone; 08-28-2018 at 10:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 08-29-2018, 12:23 AM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Constantinou ready for next step
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/consta...for-next-step/

“I think Billy is going to get a real chance to shine this year,” IceDogs coach Billy Burke said Tuesday as training camp kicked off. “He’s an offensive guy so we have to make sure he gets some power play opportunities and we’re letting him do what he does best. He has the potential to be an elite offensive defenceman.”

Thomas ready for monster season
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/thomas...onster-season/

“This year, I hope to have the best season in my OHL career,” he said. “I’m feeling a lot better and I want to be one of the best players in the league this year. I’ve always had high expectations so I’m just going to try and live up to that.”
Old 08-29-2018, 12:57 AM
Big League

IceDogs open camp with 75 hopefuls and high expectations
by Bill Sawchuk 

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...-expectations/

"The teams that typically win the league are the ones that have more than six or seven NHL draft picks," said Joey Burke, the general manager. "We are headed in the right direction in that area. With the depth we have up front, and on the back end, we should be exciting."

...sounds like more are coming this season!
Old 08-29-2018, 12:58 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Constantinou ready for next step
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/consta...for-next-step/

I think Billy is going to get a real chance to shine this year, IceDogs coach Billy Burke said Tuesday as training camp kicked off. Hes an offensive guy so we have to make sure he gets some power play opportunities and were letting him do what he does best. He has the potential to be an elite offensive defenceman.

Thomas ready for monster season
By Bill Potrecz

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/thomas...onster-season/

This year, I hope to have the best season in my OHL career, he said. Im feeling a lot better and I want to be one of the best players in the league this year. Ive always had high expectations so Im just going to try and live up to that.
Thomas, Jones, Maksimov, and Lodnia looked pretty unstoppable today... Looking forward to tomorrow morning...
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,011 Times in 1,383 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news...ll-of-promise/
Old 08-29-2018, 11:30 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,527 Times in 841 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Ice Dogs Training Camp next week..

Catching the last half of white / red this morning. Got here around 22 minutes left.

Having not looked at roster sheet yet witnessed a dominating shift by #19 white ending with a nice top shelf back hand goal. Thought to myself wonder if that is Lodnia ? Checked roster sheet and much to my surprise it was Ian Martin ...

Nice shifts by 3 (Harrison) and 11 (De Simone) red.

Nice assist by white 11 (Sullivan) setting up a tap in goal.

Jones was able to do pretty much anything he wanted in the offensive zone ... good chemistry on the line with Jones Martin Phillips.

Thomas and Roberts looked to be in mid season form. Thomas’ skating looks stronger seems to have more power in his stride. Thomas seems taller too?

Lleyton Moore can really move !!! Siebs 2.0?

Nice work behind the net by Brady Johnson near the end of the game for a goal ...

Really miss seeing Lochead out there ...

Poor Juka Schotter .... the white team was much stronger than red this morning.

Oh my what a goal by Thomas lmfao. Sick hands.

5-3 with 30 seconds left.

White wins it 5-3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: