Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,185,037   Msgs Posted: 121,011   Thread Views: 21,256,156   Online Now: 97
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-01-2018, 01:15 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I don't know what you guys saw but I saw Ham looking brutal I'm sorry. And Schaeffer was just as bad. Constantinou created offense everytime he touched the puck in the offensive zone and breaking out the zone made great passes is there no love for this guy for some reason? And Moore I also liked very much like Constantinou kid has iq. Trade Ham while he might still have some value and maybe we get lucky again like the singer trade.
No love for him? Huh everyone likes the kid. As for the Ham thing itís one game and itís a preseason game at that so I wouldnít be gong to crash and saying to trade him if thatís your reaction after a bad game everyone will be traded this season
Old 09-01-2018, 01:49 AM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
No love for him? Huh everyone likes the kid. As for the Ham thing itís one game and itís a preseason game at that so I wouldnít be gong to crash and saying to trade him if thatís your reaction after a bad game everyone will be traded this season
Sorry I guess I am worked up I really want the team to win and what I saw tonight totally frustrated the heck out of me from Ham and Schaeffer.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't know what you guys saw but I saw Ham looking brutal I'm sorry. And Schaeffer was just as bad. Constantinou created offense everytime he touched the puck in the offensive zone and breaking out the zone made great passes is there no love for this guy for some reason? And Moore I also liked very much like Constantinou kid has iq. Trade Ham while he might still have some value and maybe we get lucky again like the singer trade.

Agreed.. no doubt Ham and Schaeffer were our worst players... Sopa is gonna be fun to watch
Old 09-01-2018, 08:20 AM

Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,510 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
Dogs didn't do too bad. Barrie dressed 16 players who were on last years team.
IceDogs have routinely used exhibition games as a proving ground extension of camp, rather than a prelude to the impending season. It gives them a chance to test new players and see if what they thought in camp manifests in a game. This is a classic "Who cares" other than a look at our new talent.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 09:09 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Sorry I guess I am worked up I really want the team to win and what I saw tonight totally frustrated the heck out of me from Ham and Schaeffer.
Itís only preseason who cares about wins this is about how the younger guys who werenít on the team look I personally donít pay much attention to returning guys until the full lineup is playing or the games count
Old 09-01-2018, 09:13 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Itís only preseason who cares about wins this is about how the younger guys who werenít on the team look I personally donít pay much attention to returning guys until the full lineup is playing or the games count
Exactly, and even at that I find it tough to get excited about a trip to Thorold or Beamsville, so I stopped going last year and didn't miss it.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:15 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

777, I find it interesting that you say ‘who cares’ about exhibition games. Please understand that this is not a dig in any way. I say interesting because it seems to me since the beginning of this team, the Dogs have approached x-games in a much similar way in terms of wins and losses. The x-games are entirely for line matchups, whereas teams like Barrie approach the preseason like ‘we are here to win every game we play.’ I have to think that, for the Dogs, that approach is very deliberate. It seems like the Dogs lose every preseason game every year. Do you think the Dogs should focus more on putting out an ‘A’ lineup in the preseason?
Old 09-01-2018, 10:25 AM

I like the fact the IceDogs use the X-Game as a vehicle for qualifying players against a real opponent. What I used to look for was the kid who was brand new and went out full to earn his spot. May have bought a few jerseys on that basis.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
777, I find it interesting that you say ‘who cares’ about exhibition games. Please understand that this is not a dig in any way. I say interesting because it seems to me since the beginning of this team, the Dogs have approached x-games in a much similar way in terms of wins and losses. The x-games are entirely for line matchups, whereas teams like Barrie approach the preseason like ‘we are here to win every game we play.’ I have to think that, for the Dogs, that approach is very deliberate. It seems like the Dogs lose every preseason game every year. Do you think the Dogs should focus more on putting out an ‘A’ lineup in the preseason?
I say who cares because of what I mentioned above sure it’s great for the younger guys who will be in Jr.B or elsewhere to play an OHL team but other than that the only thing I took outta that game was the rookie goalies and players seemed good and no one got hurt (assuming Howard wasn’t feeling anything after the game or today.) to answer your question yes i feel they should’ve put the A team out just to get them in a game together before the regular season (assuming they all aren’t back for one of the other games)

Last edited by dogs777; 09-01-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,415 Times in 864 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
777, I find it interesting that you say Ďwho caresí about exhibition games. Please understand that this is not a dig in any way. I say interesting because it seems to me since the beginning of this team, the Dogs have approached x-games in a much similar way in terms of wins and losses. The x-games are entirely for line matchups, whereas teams like Barrie approach the preseason like Ďwe are here to win every game we play.í I have to think that, for the Dogs, that approach is very deliberate. It seems like the Dogs lose every preseason game every year. Do you think the Dogs should focus more on putting out an ĎAí lineup in the preseason?
In a nut-shell. my answer to you about A lineup is NO.