Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,810,965   Msgs Posted: 139,290   Thread Views: 45,794,693   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 12:09 PM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light
Default Reason to be optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Youíre right point wise it was worse but who knows if they played the full season this could be worse
At 63 games into the schedule, this years team had 48 points compared to 42 points 2 years ago. Even if they fail to win another game this season, they will still have a higher win percentage that 2 years ago.

Two years ago points were gained mostly in the first half of the season, before the best players were traded for picks. Disassembly.

With 4 rookies scoring more than 10 goals, the next generation of offense has a good foundation.

Post the purge of non-performing and under performing veterans, the team will have played its best hockey during the last 15 games of the season. Statistically, the guys brought in to replace them have outperformed what was purged. Reassembled.

With high picks in both the regular and Import drafts, any holes left by departures will be filled by some good upcoming talent.

For my part, I have seen what I wanted to see in a rebuild season. Improvement.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawg Tired For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2022, 12:42 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Improvement, that is what I want as well.

I hope the young Mr. Fimis and Mr. Copeland were able to pick up lots of pointers from Mr. Gushchin.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:53 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,305 Times in 890 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

So Jody Hull the new coach
Old 04-07-2022, 07:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
So Jody Hull the new coach
Jody Hull is a given with only 4 games to go. My question is whether he will return next season?
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 07:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Jody Hull is a given with only 4 games to go. My question is whether he will return next season?
I donít see why he wouldnít my question would be IF the Burkeís donít sell (I think itís 50/50) do they hire someone as another assistant and do they hire a GM or do they just find random people already working for them to do it
Old 04-07-2022, 09:41 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Bill and Denise will return to take active roles in the team again. I have just renewed my season tickets so I am hoping that there will be a team here in St Catharines next year. Major Junior A hockey is great entertainment and it would be terrible if they sold the team to someone who wanted to move it elsewhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:03 AM
All Star

three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Maybe Bill and Denise will return to take active roles in the team again. I have just renewed my season tickets so I am hoping that there will be a team here in St Catharines next year. Major Junior A hockey is great entertainment and it would be terrible if they sold the team to someone who wanted to move it elsewhere.
Doubt the team will move.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:19 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,387 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Doubt the team will move.
The Niagara Peninsula is a gold mine for hockey as long as the owners do it right. I cannot see the team moving anywhere.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:30 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,410 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Niagara IceDogs 2021-22 (Week 25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
The Niagara Peninsula is a gold mine for hockey as long as the owners do it right. I cannot see the team moving anywhere.

The team is still probably top five if not higher in attendance this year with a lousy team run by two guys (who only
Got the jobs because of mommy and daddy) and in a pandemic.

Even if they were to move which is HIGHLY doubtful I am sure another team would relocate here in a nanosecond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2022, 11:34 AM
All Star

OHL attendance this season effected by the pandemic on Ontario bases teams with various amount of crowds allowed this season https://www.hockeydb.com/nhl-attenda...L1989&sid=2022
Closed Thread