Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,810,965   Msgs Posted: 139,290   Thread Views: 45,794,948   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-02-2022, 07:17 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,951 Times in 2,203 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
As I read it, Blacksox and another personality on the forum were engaged in what I see as a personality conflict. Rather than deal with the drama of dealing with this, Blacksox decided to enter into indefinite timeout.
Wasn't even a personality conflict, the two were debating the perceived merits of certain players on the team. Argue the issues not the personality.

Quote:
Too bad. I enjoyed his statistical posts.
So did the other guy involved. Blacksox was highly regarded by the other person involved, especially his willingness to assemble facts and statistics. In the end it came down to a debate about the merits of Butler and Uberti, and they both got the axe.

Quote:
As far as the other personality goes, I have no interest in remembering, researching or naming them. It would serve no productive purpose.
It was the former moderator on this site, and when he left and a fella by the name of maddog suggested that the moderator had used his position to "drive Blacksox out", the former moderator gave the lucrative job to someone else and became a grump instead.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2022, 07:03 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Today is u-18 draft at 7.. we pick at # 2
Old 05-05-2022, 07:59 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet https://twitter.com/chicagosteel/sta...YLUuQiggyB-W4w
Old 05-05-2022, 08:29 AM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dickinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Surprised no one has mentioned this yet https://twitter.com/chicagosteel/sta...YLUuQiggyB-W4w
Other than finding this article which says he was drafted by Chicago ( https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...raft/n-5822121 ) , I can find no other verification of this tweet.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:53 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Other than finding this article which says he was drafted by Chicago ( https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...raft/n-5822121 ) , I can find no other verification of this tweet.
I donít know what other verification we need then the official team Twitter but here is an article from the team 17th round pick 257 https://www.chicagosteelhockeyteam.c...e/show/1224100
Old 05-05-2022, 09:25 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,414 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Being drafted and signing are two different animals.

The fact that he didn't get drafted until the 17th round indicates they're just taking a shot in the dark. Same way the Dogs did with Siebenaler back in the day. If he, his family or agent don't like what they see from the new owner in terms of coach, GM, and direction of the franchise, he could end up there.

My guess, is new ownership comes in, says all the right things, brings him in for a visit and signs with the Dogs later this summer.

I have nothing to base this on.... just a guess.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2022, 09:35 AM
Grump

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Being drafted and signing are two different animals.

The fact that he didn't get drafted until the 17th round indicates they're just taking a shot in the dark. Same way the Dogs did with Siebenaler back in the day. If he, his family or agent don't like what they see from the new owner in terms of coach, GM, and direction of the franchise, he could end up there.

My guess, is new ownership comes in, says all the right things, brings him in for a visit and signs with the Dogs later this summer.

I have nothing to base this on.... just a guess.
I would feel differently if he was one of their top picks and there appeared to be a relationship (like Halliday), but that late is just a bookmark in case he does defect not only from NID but also from the OHL entirely.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:40 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,258 Times in 1,525 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

I don't think they can lose here. They either move him for compensation and picks or he signs. I can't see him with that size and the reputation for being the best 16 year old defensmen in the province playing anywhere but the O next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2022, 09:50 AM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I don't think they can lose here. They either move him for compensation and picks or he signs. I can't see him with that size and the reputation for being the best 16 year old defensmen in the province playing anywhere but the O next year.
He could sign with a different league, like Stephen Halliday did. Mind you, he was drafted in the third round so Niagara got nothing other than egg on the face, but it is technically "possible" for a first-rounder to defect out of the OHL entirely. If Silent Sam elects not to report to the IceDogs and the team he wants to play for either can't or won't make the deal that Niagara wants, then his only option is to go elsewhere. In that scenario, Niagara would just get a compensatory 1st-round pick next year.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:49 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,305 Times in 890 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/i...hl-u18-draft-2