Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,810,965   Msgs Posted: 139,290   Thread Views: 45,794,693   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:06 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Iím sure theyíll be posted on here later or tomorrow. If people are expecting to get a lot out of these I think youíll be disappointed I expected the Owner/GM to say all the things the fans want to hear about not moving the team and how heís excited about the team (coach probably says the same about the team) maybe the owner says he wants to bid for the mem cup
No Memorial Cup talk. It was a pretty informative interview. ID fans should give it a listen.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 10:08 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
They talked about Silent Sam. Apparently his agent was saying to the team they were concerned about the ownership instability and not knowing who was going to be the coach. Now that it is all settled they are hoping he comes to play here.

So it is pretty much what we guessed on this message board.

- DeDobbelaer said it would be financial insanity to move the team from St. Catharines.

- also said with the fan base, facility and other factors that the IDs should never have to go into a rebuild, that we should always be competitive

Like I said yesterday, he is saying all the things we want him to say. Not a lot to complain about.
Iíd love for us never to go into a rebuild and be competitive but I just canít see that happening
Old 07-09-2022, 11:13 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,410 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Pipe dream either way. 0 drafted players and they're going to contend? This is going down hill and it's a slippery slope.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Curmudgeon

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
They talked about Silent Sam. Apparently his agent was saying to the team they were concerned about the ownership instability and not knowing who was going to be the coach. Now that it is all settled they are hoping he comes to play here.

So it is pretty much what we guessed on this message board.

- DeDobbelaer said it would be financial insanity to move the team from St. Catharines.

- also said with the fan base, facility and other factors that the IDs should never have to go into a rebuild, that we should always be competitive

Like I said yesterday, he is saying all the things we want him to say. Not a lot to complain about.

Sure with the support and facility they should never have to go into rebuild mode I agree.

But this is the OHL. You can only pay for players if you do not get caught. Otherwise you have to draft very well and have zero no shows. You have to have international contacts and scouts in order to find high end imports in the draft and get them to actually report (oh and this helps so you do not have to trade away picks for imports like he does).

To me it sounds like he thinks he is running an operation where money is used to attract players that is not the case.

Only one team in the OHL has figured out how not to go through a rebuild. Even strong markets like Kitchener, Windsor and Oshawa go through them.

IMO what he said about not having to go through a rebuild means he does not understand the realities of OHL hockey ? that is scary

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 12:44 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Strohs you must be encouraged that he is even talking like this. He specifically listed reasons why we should not have to go thru rebuilds and none of it included paying players under the table. He really did sound like he has a plan and he is serious about achieving these goals.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 12:56 PM
Top Prospect

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the interview. Good stuff by Mawhood again, and must admit both DaDobbler and Fitzgerald impressed me:

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/a...9?mode=Article
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 01:01 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Here's the interview. Good stuff by Mawhood again, and must admit both DaDobbler and Fitzgerald impressed me:

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/a...9?mode=Article
That is what I am saying. They are indicating that they want to do all the things that we wanted in the past. It is very encouraging.

Our local pessimists need to relax until they actually make mistakes (I know you are going to say the GM and Coaching jobs are a mistake).

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 07-09-2022 at 01:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 01:41 PM
Curmudgeon

Quote:
That is what I am saying. They are indicating that they want to do all the things that we wanted in the past. It is very encouraging.

Our local pessimists need to relax until they actually make mistakes (I know you are going to say the GM and Coaching jobs are a mistake).

Sorry NiceDawg appears to have stolen my rose coloured glasses

Past performance is a good indicator of future performance .

I am giving a pass on the coaching hiring for now. Lets see how he does. He really cannot possibly be worse than BB.

But a big fail on him taking over as the GM.

We didn?t like when the owners son with no OHL GM experience took over that job.

I guess when you pay $20M and basically do the same thing except it is not your son making the moves, everyone approves of it

Wonder what he is doing with the entire horsesh*t scouting staff ?

Lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2022, 04:00 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,030 Times in 836 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I try and stay as positive as I can on here but even Iím struggling with the new owner I wonít say the coach was a mistake yet he deserves a shot (since he has the job) I just donít know if hiring a guy who couldnít get his team to play well in a lesser league is the best idea as for the the GM nah Iím not ok with that one youíre the owner just sit in the box and own the team
Old 07-09-2022, 05:12 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,307 Times in 1,414 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

The new coach has won coach of the year awards at different levels. Letís give him a shot. Yes, lower levels than the OHL, but compared to what weíve just had? Iím willing to wait and see.

I would prefer an experienced GM with some sort of success. He hasnít had that. Jr. B is a different animal. Similar to players wanting to play for St.Catharines instead of Fort Erie. Or Caledonia paying everyone to play there. The Midwest has a pecking order as well. Weíll find out pretty quickly if he knows what heís doing. Last weeks pissing away picks is not a good start IMO.

If Roger McLeod is no longer employed, that would be step in the right direction.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post: