Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,805,034   Msgs Posted: 139,110   Thread Views: 45,572,050   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-07-2022, 02:29 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,300 Times in 886 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!
Default Sale approved

https://ontariohockeyleague.com/arti...gs-hockey-club
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,189 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

So now we have the sale confirmation. Now The Great One, is confirmed to be part of our local club. I would hope with this announcement some credibility will be brought to the organization and a proper coach can be hired.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 03:34 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I guessed it was going to happen yesterday.

Gretzky will for sure help sell some tickets. This is really good news.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:04 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,400 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I guessed it was going to happen yesterday.

Gretzky will for sure help sell some tickets. This is really good news.

Why will he help sell tickets? Is he playing? I did not realize he was lacing up the skates.
He is the minority owner.
I agree it is good news.
Hopefully he will not let this guy embarrass the Great One.

But to come out and say that he will quote for sure quote help sell some tickets is kind of silly.

The only way he may help sell some tickets is if he actually comes to a game and drops the puck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:06 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,300 Times in 886 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

I am sure Gretzky wines will be for sale at the arena. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at the home opener dropping the puck.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I am sure Gretzky wines will be for sale at the arena. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him at the home opener dropping the puck.
I’m sure the owners will be there for the home opener like I’m sure the Burkes were

Last edited by dogs777; 07-07-2022 at 05:20 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:31 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

I am extremely skeptical about this. Let’s see if Gretzky does any media interviews about his purchase of the Icedogs.

I hope I am wrong but let’s face it, no one wanted DeDobbelaer to buy the team. So is anyone talking about DeDobbelaer bad reputation, his troubles with the OHA, his poor performing junior teams. Nope. Everyone is talking about Gretzky buying the IceDogs.

So did Gretzky buy the Icedogs or did DeDobbelaer give Gretzky a minority stake in the team to help get his application to buy the team approved by the OHL and to take the heat off him.

I guess we will see if Gretzky has any interest in the team. Just seems weird that with the money Gretzky has why he wouldn’t by 50% of the team. Why only a minority stake and let DeDobbelaer call all the shots. Unless of course he was given the stake in the team. Then it makes sense.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 07-07-2022 at 05:41 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:43 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Why will he help sell tickets? Is he playing? I did not realize he was lacing up the skates.
He is the minority owner.
I agree it is good news.
Hopefully he will not let this guy embarrass the Great One.

But to come out and say that he will quote for sure quote help sell some tickets is kind of silly.

The only way he may help sell some tickets is if he actually comes to a game and drops the puck lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you donít think they are going to play up the Gretzky connection as part of marketing, I think you are way wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2022, 05:54 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
If you donít think they are going to play up the Gretzky connection as part of marketing, I think you are way wrong.
Theyíll do it but will it matter if the team on the ice is garbage itís not like heíll be there taking pictures every game
Old 07-07-2022, 05:54 PM
Big League

You pessimists should go read the updated Standard article. On the surface everything sounds great.

Here is some of it.

Quote:

“At the junior-B level and junior-A level, we don’t have a draft,” DeDobbelaer said. “It’s hard to build anything. One of the reasons why I was so intrigued by the OHL is because you can build from year to year.

“If you have a junior-B team that finishes last, nobody wants to return to your program. In the OHL, you get the first pick overall, so it’s a totally different model.”

DeDobbelaer said he has his staff in place and will serve in the general manager role “until I feel I need help or there needs to be a change.”

He called rumours he might be looking to move the team out of Niagara “ludicrous.”

“One of the top four fanbases in the league,” he said. “It’s got one of the nicest, if not the nicest, facilities in the league. Brantford doesn’t have a rink.

“I didn’t buy a team to move it to Brantford. I bought it because of all the tangibles that go with the team. It is just absolute insanity to even consider that I would move it.”
I also learned, he went to Brock!! So he has a connection to the city.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post: