Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,841    Downloads: 2,805,053   Msgs Posted: 139,110   Thread Views: 45,572,873   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Should the IceDogs Get a New Image?
Yes - out with the old tarnish in with something fresh! 2 13.33%
Hell Yes - should have been done sooner! 1 6.67%
No - there is nothing wrong with what we have! 7 46.67%
Hell No - too much change will affect the club's image! 0 0%
Maybe - see what they come up with? 2 13.33%
Who Cares? 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2022, 07:44 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,189 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default Should the IceDogs Get a New Image

It is probably too late to change things for the start of the season but perhaps by January the team could have a new design. Is it better to stick with the old or gradually transition?
Old 07-23-2022, 07:53 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,400 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I suspect that they will

I doubt they can pull it off for this year

But they will for the next year I bet

Sounds like this guy is all about the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2022, 08:01 AM
Grump

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Sounds like this guy is all about the money.
So your kind of guy?
Old 07-23-2022, 04:31 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

I think by image you are talking about changing their logo, colours, etc. I am more concerned that the Icedogs image is again turning negative. Some very negative tweets about the appointment of Andrew Fritsch as assistant coach are now popping up. This type of negative publicity is not what the Icedogs need right now.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 07-23-2022 at 04:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2022, 09:36 PM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think by image you are talking about changing their logo, colours, etc. I am more concerned that the Icedogs image is again turning negative. Some very negative tweets about the appointment of Andrew Fritsch as assistant coach are now popping up. This type of negative publicity is not what the Icedogs need right now.
i wondered with the governments keen interest in sexual offending within the Canadian hockey world, how long it would take to bring up Fritsch's past. Withdrawn charges are not the same meaning as not guilty (nor are they the same as a conviction either). Our justice system is founded on "innocent until proven guilty" however our court of public opinion tends to run counter to that axiom. Given the circumstances of the departure of the Burke Boys, one would have thought perhaps a different candidate would have been a more cautious choice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2022, 10:19 AM
Grump

...but yes, I meant logo, colours, jersey and perhaps even mascot.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:19 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,400 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
So your kind of guy?

I would rather he be concerned with winning a championship tbh

With that will come the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2022, 09:44 AM
4th Line

Dawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of lightDawg Tired is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
...but yes, I meant logo, colours, jersey and perhaps even mascot.
For any team, the future fans are the children that come to the games. Anyone who has brought young children to the games knows that Bones is wildly popular with the kids. Is it really a good idea to discard what has been a very effective marketing tool?
Old 07-27-2022, 09:57 AM
Grump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
For any team, the future fans are the children that come to the games. Anyone who has brought young children to the games knows that Bones is wildly popular with the kids. Is it really a good idea to discard what has been a very effective marketing tool?
The existing Bones is not the same as the original costume, and not the same as the original Mississauga mascot. So you're saying the concept of Bones is sound but could it have a refresh?
Old 07-27-2022, 10:25 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,022 Times in 829 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg Tired View Post
I donít think the mascot matters as long as it isnít a scary looking whatever kids will end up loving it