Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,453    Downloads: 1,217,465   Msgs Posted: 122,241   Thread Views: 21,814,692   Online Now: 99
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-17-2018, 01:11 AM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
Anything can be twisted to sound good but you do seem to know whats going on better than me, so maybe you know something I dont. if Constantinou is the 3rd pairing then its going to nothing but validate previous points that some guys get opportunity that really don't deserve it for whatever the reason we will call it. I don't think also so far Constantinou really needs to prove anything I saw enough from ham and Roberts and other guys to know its going to be the same thing from them and the coaches same favorites or a person left un named who helps call the shots, But maybe what I see is not the same as what other see or choose to see. Also Tomasino being treated that way only proves they hold him at a higher value and that's fine. Why do other guys need to prove they need to move up but he gets a free pass? Why cant Jones Maksimov and Lodnia be the 1st line? I am done with the Thomas talking its like some taboo things the minute anyone does not say he is the greatest Icedog ever! And I cringe when we will have to play Incze because its going to be like our ex D that put up 3 points against us last night. Maybe we deal Constantinou for a 8th rounder and use it with other picks to get that big forward we need because well we got Roberts and Ham...
I don’t know more than you or anyone I just give my opinion based on how I see thing/how I’d do it. If he was on the third pair who wouldn’t deserve to be ahead of him? Ham Roberts and hunter (when healthy definitely deserve it) when did you see enough from Roberts and ham? If it was last year then I’m not sure what you watched cause I think they deserved the ice they got assuming everyone is health which won’t be the case till October sometime I think Constantineau is 4th-5th D on this team without knowing what Bukac can do. Tomasino deserves to be a top 6 on this team at least to start the season and he won’t get it up the middle so he has to play wing. Lodnia jones and Maksimov could end up being the first line if things don’t work out it’s a long season no one thinks he’s the greatest IceDog ever he’s a good player that’s it. They might not trade Incze who knows I definitely wouldn’t I’m happy MacPherson played well last night but it was in a preseason game and two of those points including his goal came against a third goalie and the team had very little in the tank last night we’ll see what happens when we have our full team next time we play him.

Last edited by dogs777; 09-17-2018 at 01:20 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2018, 10:55 PM
1st Line

Red has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud ofRed has much to be proud of

There was a whole thread devoted to this. First year the expected stud Thomas had a good year. First year surprise Castleman also had a good year - who knew?? The difference was in the ensuing year Thomas had every opportunity thrown his way while Castleman was lucky to see the same players on his line two shifts in a row. Thomas gets an all-star helper brought in specially for him and Castleman gets zippity-do-dah (guess who had a better year). So now fans are crying in their beer that Akil isn't El Capitan and are saying trade Ollie. Logic like this will keep Niagara from winning. Note to coaches and owners: you can and should develop more than one star at a time!
Old 09-17-2018, 11:24 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
There was a whole thread devoted to this. First year the expected stud Thomas had a good year. First year surprise Castleman also had a good year - who knew?? The difference was in the ensuing year Thomas had every opportunity thrown his way while Castleman was lucky to see the same players on his line two shifts in a row. Thomas gets an all-star helper brought in specially for him and Castleman gets zippity-do-dah (guess who had a better year). So now fans are crying in their beer that Akil isn't El Capitan and are saying trade Ollie. Logic like this will keep Niagara from winning. Note to coaches and owners: you can and should develop more than one star at a time!
Who’s crying Akil isn’t captain you couldn’t go wrong with either guy really I wouldn’t trade Castleman unless you can get a better player back
Old 09-17-2018, 11:43 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Who’s crying Akil isn’t captain you couldn’t go wrong with either guy really I wouldn’t trade Castleman unless you can get a better player back
Maybe the Burke's trade Jones and continue to give Thomas what he wants... Castleman after his rookie year was blocked from having a chance at performing. You can say he dropped the ball but again maybe Thomas would have to if he never had players come in to help him.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:15 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
Maybe the Burke's trade Jones and continue to give Thomas what he wants... Castleman after his rookie year was blocked from having a chance at performing. You can say he dropped the ball but again maybe Thomas would have to if he never had players come in to help him.
No they won’t trade him and Akil doesn’t get special treatment honestly you need to stop with this stuff both are good players that’s it Castleman did drop the ball if he played well maybe he’d be with Thomas on the same line not going from third to fourth line all year
Old 09-18-2018, 12:22 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
No they won’t trade him and Akil doesn’t get special treatment honestly you need to stop with this stuff both are good players that’s it Castleman did drop the ball if he played well maybe he’d be with Thomas on the same line not going from third to fourth line all year
I would not go there. Seriously
Old 09-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If any player was given the Thomas treatment in year one and two, they would be a better player year three. This is nature versus nurture. Thomas was a greenhouse rose and Castleman was a dandelion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 12:18 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
If any player was given the Thomas treatment in year one and two, they would be a better player year three. This is nature versus nurture. Thomas was a greenhouse rose and Castleman was a dandelion.
This could not have been said any any better. Pup dropping some knowledge for us all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ohlfan1993 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 01:13 PM

Thanked 2,876 Times in 1,570 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Revive the Dandelion.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Revive the Dandelion.
That would require lots of water and care plus sunlight