Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,445    Downloads: 1,209,453   Msgs Posted: 121,909   Thread Views: 21,664,915   Online Now: 89
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-18-2018, 06:55 PM

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,552 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Iím looking forward to seeing NiceDawg's nephew have a big year
Love the discussion from the sidelines, just so we are clear the "nephew" comment was strictly a joke someone made - I have no relatives in the OHL currently Feel free to praise or criticize any player constructively.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 07:10 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Love the discussion from the sidelines, just so we are clear the "nephew" comment was strictly a joke someone made - I have no relatives in the OHL currently Feel free to praise or criticize any player constructively.
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed I thought maybe we had a source to the teams inner workings...
Old 09-18-2018, 08:18 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
Finding you is one thing being labeled is another. Also I had no idea castleman is related to anyone as it does not change my opinion. Guys that play more get seen more and have more opportunities. And yes points do matter don't kid yourself.if the team wanted they could have put Thomas in a spot were he was less successfull and Castleman in a much better spot to succeed. Things can be manipulated. Now did Castleman deserve the same opportunity maybe not but maybe he did deserve more than what he recieved? and then maybe our data would have been better to know for sure. And what do you want Castleman to say the icedogs screwed me?

Guys that play more ... generally have played better to cause the coach to want to play more ....

I find it hilarious that some are knocking the Icedogs organization for grooming one of their first rounders to become their franchise player and an OHL star.

Maybe some on here would prefer that we had instead drafted another Brook Hiddink type bust with a first round pick ... instead of Thomas

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 PM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed I thought maybe we had a source to the teams inner workings...
We have many such sources
Old 09-19-2018, 08:50 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Guys that play more ... generally have played better to cause the coach to want to play more ....

I find it hilarious that some are knocking the Icedogs organization for grooming one of their first rounders to become their franchise player and an OHL star.

Maybe some on here would prefer that we had instead drafted another Brook Hiddink type bust with a first round pick ... instead of Thomas

Lol

I don't think your getting the point. The logic that you can only develop one player at a time is one of the main concerns with the icedogs. And that also shows because we are always looking to bring players in that others have developed when we can do a better job of doing so in house.

Also Thomas for the record is currently one of our best forwards overall that is no question. I have never once stated he was not a good player. My issues are the things that are common knowledge that do not look good because it does show special treatment. So to pretend that he doesn't get any is nonsense.This started when Jones got the C and Burke had to throw a Thomas comment in because it was not professional or fair. He should have let Jones have his day.

So for whatever the reason there is a fear to bring up these things that surround this player. It's simple if people don't want to be exposed for things that are not proper then do things right and you never have to worry about getting called out.

Thomas won't get this treatment at the higher ranks so are they really helping him long term with the adversity to come? If he really is a franchise player then he should make all the players around him better regardless of who he plays with.So I hope he does have a big year but I also hope others do to that is why hockey is a team game.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:00 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I don't think your getting the point. The logic that you can only develop one player at a time is one of the main concerns with the icedogs. And that also shows because we are always looking to bring players in that others have developed when we can do a better job of doing so in house.

Also Thomas for the record is currently one of our best forwards overall that is no question. I have never once stated he was not a good player. My issues are the things that are common knowledge that do not look good because it does show special treatment. So to pretend that he doesn't get any is nonsense.This started when Jones got the C and Burke had to throw a Thomas comment in because it was not professional or fair. He should have let Jones have his day.

So for whatever the reason there is a fear to bring up these things that surround this player. It's simple if people don't want to be exposed for things that are not proper then do things right and you never have to worry about getting called out.

Thomas won't get this treatment at the higher ranks so are they really helping him long term with the adversity to come? If he really is a franchise player then he should make all the players around him better regardless of who he plays with.So I hope he does have a big year but I also hope others do to that is why hockey is a team game.

#WHOCARES .....

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2018, 07:48 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
#WHOCARES .....

"It's only a game, why you heff to be mad?"
Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 PM

Quote:
"It's only a game, why you heff to be mad?"
In Niagara, and on this forum, "who cares" is always a question and always an answer.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
In Niagara, and on this forum, "who cares" is always a question and always an answer.
I was not sure is he was being serious. Or was making a remark like at the the games when people yell who cares after a goal.
Old 09-19-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
I was not sure is he was being serious. Or was making a remark like at the the games when people yell who cares after a goal.
...and the answer is "who cares" . Be who you be. Have an opinion, take a stand, convince others, change your own mind, admit the other guy is right, decide the other guy is an idiot, dump popcorn on someone's head, agree, disagree, cheer, don't cheer, drink beer, stand for the anthem, realize someone else is a genius, boxers or briefs. Who cares!