Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,445    Downloads: 1,209,510   Msgs Posted: 121,909   Thread Views: 21,666,486   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-25-2018, 01:14 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,473 Times in 904 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Value section 5 dollar seats for Friday's and Saturday games
Good!!!

That means more bums in the seats!!

Tickets to not typically sell too well early in the season so, kudos to the Burkes for doing what they have to do to create atmosphere at the Vault!!
Old 09-25-2018, 03:38 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
It doesn’t sound like you have seen many IceDogs games. All of the IceDogs' top scoring forwards (e.g., Thomas, Lodnia, Maksimov and Jones) have been recognized by NHL scouts for their excellent defensive play.
I figure if your going to keep trying to poke me or tickle me I should reply. A few of you may think I don't watch games but maybe I see things for what they are and not see only what I want to see. You might not know this but you can't always believe everything you read on the Internet. There is a entire hockey world outside of this forum and not everyone agree with the views here. I get it a bunch of you guys are friends and I'm a new guy so what should I know right? That itself is maybe why it's always the same people I see posting. If you want this place to grow then I would suggest things are not always happy thoughts. What scouts said that can you find exact quotes? Or what you heard? And to answer you my post was to reflect last game and the team dynamics from previous years are not always carried over.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:54 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I figure if your going to keep trying to poke me or tickle me I should reply. A few of you may think I don't watch games but maybe I see things for what they are and not see only what I want to see. You might not know this but you can't always believe everything you read on the Internet. There is a entire hockey world outside of this forum and not everyone agree with the views here. I get it a bunch of you guys are friends and I'm a new guy so what should I know right? That itself is maybe why it's always the same people I see posting. If you want this place to grow then I would suggest things are not always happy thoughts. What scouts said that can you find exact quotes? Or what you heard? And to answer you my post was to reflect last game and the team dynamics from previous years are not always carried over.
I think you watch games doesnít mean I agree or disagree with your opinions and I try to see things for what they are just like you which if you look back at a lot of my posts is why people donít like/agree with some of my opinions. If everyone agreed on here Iíd never post but I do because they donít and honestly I donít care if Iím eventually right or wrong in what I say I just post because I like having conversations and giving opinions about hockey. Oh and to your friends comment and you being the new guy I was/still am the same way sure Iím not new but I donít know anyone on here personally and if I do then they havenít said anything to me about it
Old 09-25-2018, 04:06 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think you watch games doesn’t mean I agree or disagree with your opinions and I try to see things for what they are just like you which if you look back at a lot of my posts is why people don’t like/agree with some of my opinions. If everyone agreed on here I’d never post but I do because they don’t and honestly I don’t care if I’m eventually right or wrong in what I say I just post because I like having conversations and giving opinions about hockey. Oh and to your friends comment and you being the new guy I was/still am the same way sure I’m not new but I don’t know anyone on here personally and if I do then they haven’t said anything to me about it
I really appreciate the reply thank you. I just want to have hockey conversations and not be in fear of censorship. Or being ganged up on...
Old 09-25-2018, 04:51 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I really appreciate the reply thank you. I just want to have hockey conversations and not be in fear of censorship. Or being ganged up on...
You won't be ganged up on or censored, however if you call kids silly names like you did... you will be called out.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 PM

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,552 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
You won't be ganged up on or censored, however if you call kids silly names like you did... you will be called out.

Actually, I censored the silly names.

The post was otherwise a good one or I would have deleted it outright (which is also a form of censorship).

NiceDawg,
Moderator and Chief Censor
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 07:07 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Just so you are aware I suggested that forum members have a get-together to meet each other face to face and share a beer. I was overwhelmingly shot down on that. No we are not all friends on here nor do we need to be. Just stick to the issues not the personalities and you will be fine.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:12 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Actually, I censored the silly names.

The post was otherwise a good one or I would have deleted it outright (which is also a form of censorship).

NiceDawg,
Moderator and Chief Censor
Ok, it used to be that you wouldn’t be censored and that the other members would put you in your place when necessary.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 11:11 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,128 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
What scouts said that can you find exact quotes? Or what you heard?
For the most part, this is common knowledge for those who have watched these four players over the last couple of seasons. But here's what has been written about them...

Ivan Lodnia
"Lodnia shows the same tenacity in his own zone that he shows in the offensive zones. He battles on the boards for loose pucks. Lodnia is also good at containing his man on the cycle."

"Lodnia has always been a major offensive threat, and his development on both sides of the puck is promising."

"Lodniaís played a shutdown role down the stretch for the eventual (2017) OHL champions and Memorial Cup runners-up, after being relied upon for offense at the beginning of the season. This has helped develop Lodniaís overall game."

Ben Jones
"Jones is a committed two-way player whose effort, in combination with his smarts, makes him effective on the backcheck."

"Jones is a two-way center who can provide some offense. Heís aware of the defensive gameÖwhich is probably why heís such a good two-way player."

Akil Thomas
"Thomas plays a solid two-way game, as he hounds puck carriers on the backcheck."

"He has earned the trust of his coaches and is used in important defensive situations late in games."

"Thomas is a tireless worker who is always striving to get better at both ends of the ice."

"He is very active in the defensive zone and relentless on opposing puck-carriers. "

Kirill Maksimov
ďIíve seen him a couple of times and know the other (scouts) have seen him. Heís got a great shot. He gets penalty kill time, which is good. Heís learning the two-way game and I like that part of his game.Ē
Ė Keith Gretzky, Oilers Assistant General Manager
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2018, 11:15 PM

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,552 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Ok, it used to be that you wouldnít be censored and that the other members would put you in your place when necessary.
Yes that's true, and it also used to be that people would get carried away and then get banned. I subscribe to the twin notions: "Don't be annoying" and "Don't be easily annoyed". If everyone could do that, my job here would consist of posting funny pictures.
Ah well, we evolve...

...now - more hockey!
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: