Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,136   Msgs Posted: 121,944   Thread Views: 21,693,570   Online Now: 95
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-05-2018, 07:54 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I really wish that were the case - so this would make more sense but I can tell you that Brock and/or online course at Western were an option. Oh well...I don’t think we’ll ever know the real reason for Lochead surprise departure.
It honestly could be as simple as him not wanting to wait the extra year to go to western or do it online

Last edited by dogs777; 07-05-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:45 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

I appreciate his willingness to answer questions. I think it keeps the fans engaged. The issue that many here (myself included) is everything he has said so far seems to be different than reality. I.E. Miletic, Halliday, OAs

Williamson was always open with his answers. I think Joey may have learned that from him, he seems very passionate when he does interviews and I think that might get the best of him. IMO, he can be open and honest, just reign in the definite statements until its official. If theres work to do, then say that.

Fans on here question every move and every statement from management because they care. We have some of the most dedicated, hardcore fans in the league. Sometimes it seems they want to win more than management in some respects. If the fans stop questioning, its because they stopped caring. Nobody wants the fans to stop caring.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2018, 10:18 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
You're assuming that all universities are the same for every course of study. Perhaps whatever he plans on taking at university is at a higher caliber at Western than Brock, or if you don't start there in first year you go to the bottom of the pile in second year, or the courses at Brock are not accepted as prerequisites at Western. I have attended both schools and can attest to the fact they are neither equal in every regard nor completely compatible curriculum-wise.
Well, we can get the answer to this if we know what course Willy is taking at Western.
This should be fairly easy to find out.
Brock is strong in many programs so I'm curious what Willy is taking.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:16 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,474 Times in 905 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I really wish that were the case - so this would make more sense but I can tell you that Brock and/or online course at Western were an option. Oh well...I dont think well ever know the real reason for Lochead surprise departure.
In my opinion, Willie leaving the team is not a total surprise and the rumor of his departure was out there before the playoffs started.

I am more disappointed than surprised on the move.

Either way , all good at the end of the day and my thoughts are the our GM will try to bring in 2 over aged players. One possibly at the beginning of the season and the second (possibly a forward) near the trade deadline.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,546 Times in 852 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
In my opinion, Willie leaving the team is not a total surprise and the rumor of his departure was out there before the playoffs started.

Either way , all good at the end of the day and my thoughts are the our GM will try to bring in 2 over aged players. One possibly at the beginning of the season and the second (possibly a forward) near the trade deadline.

So now we have to get two OA ...... great lol

I won’t say anything about how it would be nice to still have all those picks we dealt away at the trade deadline for a certain OA player last year ......

Oh I said it

Damn it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2018, 12:42 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,133 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post

Yes, youre 100% right. Wrong choice of words - disappointing departure not surprise departure.
Old 07-06-2018, 02:37 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Mark Seidel just announced this on Twitter (below) Big loss to. As far as I know he was very well respected in the hockey world:

I'd like to thank @OHLIceDogs for the opportunity to work in the Organization. I won't be returning to the Dogs but I've worked with some great people over the past 4 years. We built a team that's built for a run & the great fans in St. Catharines deserve it! #WhenOneDoorCloses
Old 07-07-2018, 08:01 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Mark Seidel just announced this on Twitter (below) Big loss to. As far as I know he was very well respected in the hockey world:

I'd like to thank @OHLIceDogs for the opportunity to work in the Organization. I won't be returning to the Dogs but I've worked with some great people over the past 4 years. We built a team that's built for a run & the great fans in St. Catharines deserve it! #WhenOneDoorCloses
And another scout has left the team:

From former OHL and minor pro Nathan Martine who is from Port Colborne

"Id like to take the opportunity to thank the @OHLIceDogs for the past 2 seasons. I informed them I will not be returning for personal reasons.I am thankful for the great people I worked with and the work we did along the way! Look forward to watching them make a run this season!"
Old 07-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,474 Times in 905 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

From Matt & DJ this morning on Twitter....

A few Monday morning ##icedogs thoughts
Lochead and Langdon leaving does hurt the team in terms of their abilities
BUT
defence and Centre are probably the team 2 areas of depth.
They now have an OA spot to go get a legit LW

@IceDogsThisWeek
43m43 minutes ago

That said....there is also no rush to do it. With Dhillon and Schaefer as your current OAs you can wait out other teams/players and potentially get someone into camp without giving up assets.

@IceDogsThisWeek
42m42 minutes ago

The biggest question for me right now is Colton Incze. Showed he is an OHL starter last year, so does Niagara move him? Or in a go fornit year do you like the idea of having a strong goalie behind Dhillon?

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 07-09-2018 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Cleaned up the cut and paste a little bit.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:16 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Rumour out there is Willy is enrolled in business economics at Western?
Can anyone else confirm this?
If that is the case, this decision is more puzzling!!
Brock is one of the top universities in Ontario for economics.
Willy, why not play just one more and last year for Dogs and go to Brock?
He was our rock back there.
IMO, the Dogs have not did enough to give Willy more incentives to stay.
Very disappointing, especially seeing all of the OA def available are not made of the same mold as Willy