Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,453    Downloads: 1,216,790   Msgs Posted: 122,223   Thread Views: 21,800,979   Online Now: 88
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:44 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Most likely those two will sign, but I can't find any press release of an official signing.
elite prospect signing June 29 and June 30
Old 07-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Boston pick but not signed yet
Yea I know that hes not signed yet I was just saying it could still be a possibility
Old 07-27-2018, 01:44 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,147 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

We all agree that Daniel Bukuc is a wait and see for IceDogs fans!

However, in fairness to him being released by Brandon – as an import - Bukac (NHL 7th Rd) was swapped out for elite NHL prospect D - Erik Brannstrom (NHL 1st Rd and 15th overall).

Brandon Wheat Kings drafted him 44th overall in the Import draft – and this was clearly a situation of a pre-arranged deal between Brannstrom agent, Vegas and the Wheat Kings.

FYI. The Brandon Wheat Kings are owned by Golden Knights assistant general manager Kelly McCrimmon. Obviously, the Wheat Kings took Brannstrom for a reason and odds are a conversation with McCrimmon occurred before the selection.

Also, scouting reports on Bukac – highlight several strengths and weakness in his game, but more importantly he continues to improve – so hopefully playing top pairing minutes this year will result in a breakthrough year.

Based on the two available scouting reports, they seem to agree on the following:

Strengths: Size (6'5 / 200lbs), excellent skater – length, smooth transition footwork and edgework, puck-handling above average, plays more confidently when playing top 4 minutes, benefits from his long reach and active stick, significant upside with his size and physical tools, capable of laying some good quality breakout passes.

Weakness: Decision making inconsistent from game to game, not very creative handling the puck, some indecisiveness without the puck - when to be aggressive and pinch offensively, some mental blunders in his own end, tighten up his defensive positioning, becomes his own worst enemy by trying to over handle himself out of traffic.

Differing opinion on his physical play – we’ll soon see which scouting report was accurate. One writes, “plays physically” and the other wrote, “not the best at utilizing his size as he lacks strength and the demeanour to use grit.”

FULL SCOUTING REPORTS:

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/201...ft-review.html

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...kac-d.2362353/

#waitandsee
Old 07-28-2018, 10:08 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,557 Times in 858 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
If he was good enough to play in the AHL, the Wheat Kings wouldn't just release him. I wouldn't get my hopes up with this guy. The scouting reports aren't good.

Don’t worry FF

I always assume the worst when it comes to icedogs import selections ... That way if they actually look like they can at least play at a Jr A level I can be pleasantly surprised lmfao

I’m still haunted by the Kopta and Sysla selections ... I doubt they could have played Jr B ... or that goalie Petteri Simila lol. What were the Habs thinking with THAT pick lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,147 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Canada's National U-17 Development Camp

ROSTERS
http://chl.ca/article/chl-prospects-...velopment-camp

Team White – #3 Lleyton Moore
Team Green - #11 Stephen Halliday

COMPLETE GAME REPLAYS
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/na...stats/schedule
Old 07-31-2018, 10:29 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

tomorrow the trade freeze is lifted
Old 08-07-2018, 09:07 PM
1st Line

Stephen Halliday commits to university of north dakota
Old 08-07-2018, 10:57 PM

Thanked 2,869 Times in 1,568 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
Stephen Halliday commits to university of north dakota
Did he 100% commit?
Old 08-09-2018, 12:39 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Did he 100% commit?
Verbally Committed. But those are his intentions at this time but things can change.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:42 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
If he was good enough to play in the AHL, the Wheat Kings wouldn't just release him. I wouldn't get my hopes up with this guy. The scouting reports aren't good.
I think at worst he is "good enough" to play at the OHL level. If things don't work out, he can be part of a trade package to a team that does not have 2 imports. There always seems to be a market for NHL picks. But at this point I think the plan is to keep him and hope his development continues.