Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,736    Downloads: 1,622,246   Msgs Posted: 129,793   Thread Views: 26,745,236   Online Now: 52
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-25-2018, 10:58 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
For the most part, this is common knowledge for those who have watched these four players over the last couple of seasons. But here's what has been written about them...

Ivan Lodnia
"Lodnia shows the same tenacity in his own zone that he shows in the offensive zones. He battles on the boards for loose pucks. Lodnia is also good at containing his man on the cycle."

"Lodnia has always been a major offensive threat, and his development on both sides of the puck is promising."

"Lodnia’s played a shutdown role down the stretch for the eventual (2017) OHL champions and Memorial Cup runners-up, after being relied upon for offense at the beginning of the season. This has helped develop Lodnia’s overall game."

Ben Jones
"Jones is a committed two-way player whose effort, in combination with his smarts, makes him effective on the backcheck."

"Jones is a two-way center who can provide some offense. He’s aware of the defensive game…which is probably why he’s such a good two-way player."

Akil Thomas
"Thomas plays a solid two-way game, as he hounds puck carriers on the backcheck."

"He has earned the trust of his coaches and is used in important defensive situations late in games."

"Thomas is a tireless worker who is always striving to get better at both ends of the ice."

"He is very active in the defensive zone and relentless on opposing puck-carriers. "

Kirill Maksimov
“I’ve seen him a couple of times and know the other (scouts) have seen him. He’s got a great shot. He gets penalty kill time, which is good. He’s learning the two-way game and I like that part of his game.”
– Keith Gretzky, Oilers Assistant General Manager
The Keith Gretzky one I can say is coming from a legit source. Are the other ones from NHL scouts or these websites with guys that think they are scouts? what are the sources? Also what about the rest of the forwards? Or should we exclude them?sorry I want to learn to understand hockey please help me because I guess I am watching the wrong things.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:09 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Good players, but Castleman and Johnson are not top 6 type. Moving Tomasino over doesn't address the need of finding another top 6 forward.

If it's not Bruder (and don't be surprised if he gets a chance soon), I do like the idea of trying Sopa with Jones and Maksimov. Sopa was brought in to be a top 6 forward, so let's see how he fits in there.
I'd take Brady or Oliver over Bruder any day.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:11 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
The Keith Gretzky one I can say is coming from a legit source. Are the other ones from NHL scouts or these websites with guys that think they are scouts? what are the sources? Also what about the rest of the forwards? Or should we exclude them?sorry I want to learn to understand hockey please help me because I guess I am watching the wrong things.
Seems like you have an axe to grind. Blacksox posted his scouts/sources why don't you post yours instead of dissing his?
Old 09-25-2018, 11:36 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,194 Times in 1,580 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
If you’re honestly unaware of the defensive abilities of Thomas, Lodnia, Maksimov and Jones, I can’t take you seriously - and if that’s the case, I’m not really interested in continuing with this discussion anymore. I understand that you want to talk hockey, but sorry this is too silly for me.

Perhaps, you can continue this debate with the OHL coaches who voted Ben Jones among the top defensive forwards and penalty killers in the Ontario Hockey League in their 2018 annual poll.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-26-2018, 12:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,923 Times in 1,079 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Really sounds like members of this forum need a home hockey game to go to soon!!!

WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2018, 12:45 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Seems like you have an axe to grind. Blacksox posted his scouts/sources why don't you post yours instead of dissing his?
Well maybe I don't consider amature sports writers NHL scouts or some credible. So if I'm going to post something and say it's a scout or pretend it's a legit source with credibility and it turns out to be some guy named Ben Kerr a sports writer I shouldn't try to put one over people that actually know something. But hey what do I know... people that are always quick to speak don't always think things through. And I never stated anything about having sources other than my thoughts so maybe you can be more clear what your getting at?

Last edited by Ohlfan1993; 09-26-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2018, 12:50 AM
3rd Line

Quote:
If you’re honestly unaware of the defensive abilities of Thomas, Lodnia, Maksimov and Jones, I can’t take you seriously - and if that’s the case, I’m not really interested in continuing with this discussion anymore. I understand that you want to talk hockey, but sorry this is too silly for me.

Perhaps, you can continue this debate with the OHL coaches who voted Ben Jones among the top defensive forwards and penalty killers in the Ontario Hockey League in their 2018 annual poll.
Do you always avoid questions you can't answer with other questions? I guess there is a reason for the little red box that says I'm not well liked...
Old 09-26-2018, 06:27 AM
1st Line

Quote:
Well maybe I don't consider amature sports writers NHL scouts or some credible. So if I'm going to post something and say it's a scout or pretend it's a legit source with credibility and it turns out to be some guy named Ben Kerr a sports writer I shouldn't try to put one over people that actually know something. But hey what do I know... people that are always quick to speak don't always think things through. And I never stated anything about having sources other than my thoughts so maybe you can be more clear what your getting at?
So your thoughts are better than Blacksox sources? Yes strohs I believe it is time to dropthepuck it is getting stinky in here!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:35 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
And I never stated anything about having sources other than my thoughts so maybe you can be more clear what your getting at?
What Red is trying to get at is - can you find even one other person (anyone) who supports your thoughts that all those Ice Dogs players are not good defensive players? If not, don't argue the facts, preface your comment by saying it’s your opinion and not that of everyone else in the hockey world. You’re entitled to your opinion on here.

This conversation turned out to be a complete waste of time - and I have no one to blame but myself. Ice Dogs play Peterborough Thursday night - thank goodness .
Old 09-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Do you always avoid questions you can't answer with other questions? I guess there is a reason for the little red box that says I'm not well liked...
I hope this answer your question, with regards to legit sources for Thomas, Jones and Lodnia. Take a few minutes to read the scouting reports on these three players.

Akil Thomas (Central Scouting)
http://chl.ca/video/2018-nhl-draft-profile-akil-thomas

Ben Jones (OHL Coaches)
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...s-poll-winners

Ivan Lodnia (Mckeens)
https://www.mckeenshockey.com/prospe...s-ivan-lodnia/