Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,029   Msgs Posted: 118,522   Thread Views: 19,595,898   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Alumni Talk & News Talk of former IceDog players

Old 11-28-2016, 02:51 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,366 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
They should be looking into a bigger stay at home move guys out from in front of the net kind of guy.
Those guys don't exist anymore for the most part and you can't clear the net without taking a penalty. In today game you need guys that can make plays and not just pound it out every time they touch it. There's a handful of guys like Weber and Chara that can play physical and still move the puck but teams aren't looking to give those types away. They need 2 more quality d-men that aren't turnstiles and can move the puck up to the forwards when they get possession. They've got a few guys on the Marlies that look decent and just need to mature.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:55 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you hit on it, 777. D-Ham's price would have to be mighty low for the LouFather to consider it. That's not the first time I've heard of D-Ham being a bit of a problem in the dressing room. I could absolutely be wrong about that. It just seems like D-Ham has so much NHL potential, but maybe it turns out to be just that. I love seeing all former Dogs succeed in the show, but Ryan Strome hasn't exactly lit it up yet, either:/
Well, certainly a story to keep tabs on..
Old 11-28-2016, 03:05 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as the Florida Panthers/Gallant situation, I think the fact that no one cares about that franchise locally allows internal problems to fester much longer than they would anywhere else. My money's on Gallant surfacing in Vancouver after Mr. Desjardins is shortly shown the door. Gallant won't be out of work for very long.
If not Vancouver, Vegas.
Old 11-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,309 Times in 788 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I still think that Vegas will take him off the board.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,366 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
As far as the Florida Panthers/Gallant situation, I think the fact that no one cares about that franchise locally allows internal problems to fester much longer than they would anywhere else. My money's on Gallant surfacing in Vancouver after Mr. Desjardins is shortly shown the door. Gallant won't be out of work for very long.
If not Vancouver, Vegas.
Strome was doing just fine until the Isles got in the way. 2 years ago he had 17 goals and 50 points and lead the team in +/-. All of a sudden he was no longer good enough to play top 6. I'd take him in a second on a possession team with some skill like the Leafs are trying to build.

One thing I'll always remember about Strome and Hamilton was the year of the strike at training camp, Hamilton was no where to be seen and Strome was on a team and was on the bench with another team when his wasn't playing. I don't think Dougie showed until the exhibition games.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:50 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold

Well sadly, I'm the third person posting on two pages about locker room rumbles regarding D-Ham and attitude - he's been a healthy scratch a few times this year as well - maybe closer to home would be a great change for him because he can perform and I too would love to see him in blue & white !
Old 12-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

How many times have we heard a General Manager deny that a player is not going to be traded no matter what and a short time later, the rumoured trade become fact.
Brian Burke whether you like him or not, we deflect everything away from his players and take the heat himself.
And, I am by no means a B. Burke fan.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Big League

At this point, I'm calling this trade rumour officially dead. If not 99% dead.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
At this point, I'm calling this trade rumour officially dead. If not 99% dead.
I have learned never to believe a GM on rumours. Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.
Hamilton will be moved by the deadline after things quiet down a bit.