Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,794    Downloads: 1,927,532   Msgs Posted: 134,765   Thread Views: 32,775,674   Online Now: 134
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you renew your Season Tickets now if asked?
YES - this will all work out according to the OHL's plan 7 33.33%
NO - I am not risking my money on a potentially cancelled or partial season 5 23.81%
WAIT - when the Province ok's things, then I will, but not before 2 9.52%
WHO CARES - I am not a Season Ticket holder anyhow. 2 9.52%
NOT HAPPY - I will renew so I don't lose my seats, but this was not nice 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

Just renewed, hope all goes well !!!
Old 08-06-2020, 05:10 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

I think this is a bad move by the Icedogs. I likely won’t renew because of the uncertainty. We don’t know if there will even be a season, if fans will be allowed to watch or what precautions will be in place. Will people want to attend if they have to wear a mask the whole time and are forced to remain in their seats the whole game except to go to the washroom. I like going to the Icedog games because it’s fun but depending on the situation, it may feel more like being at work.

I texted the season ticket holders beside me and the response I got was that they are not renewing and may never renew if this is how the Icedogs treat their season ticket holders.

Has anyone confirmed that we could lose our seats for next season if we don’t renew this season. If that is the case I think they will end up losing a lot of longtime fans. Or are we just assuming we could lose our seats?

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 08-06-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:25 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,226 Times in 1,258 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I?m sitting on the fence as to whether I am going to renew ... I have been a STH since day one and would have renewed (albeit only my single seat again) in a heartbeat if it weren?t for this COVID 19 pandemic mess.

There are just so many unanswered questions still at this point in time, that I don?t particularly feel like parting with $600

I kinda think it?s ridiculous that they are asking long time STH to commit money under such a large cloud of uncertainty

I guess my feelings could change eventually but for now I?m not sure what I?m going to do ... and from the sounds of it the OHL isn?t certain either

Also the thought of there being potentially no crossover games with the West this season is another reason for me not to commit to a full seasons worth of games

Perhaps this year I?ll just buy multi packs of games and give up my seat ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 05:54 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I agree with that plan completely, but I am also convinced it isn't going to happen in the OHL/Niagara. I doubt my wife will enter the Meridian Centre wearing a mask with 2,600 other people. So chances are, I will end up buying our two tickets and using one occasionally, just to bookmark our seats.

The more I think about it, the more questions I have. Who will enforce the mask issue - if its anything like shopping (no mask, mask over mouth, mask on chin, mask on forehead). Will this be the task of the ushers, lol? What about during eating or drinking, or will that be suspended as well? Our section is almost entirely STH, so who gets to keep their seats and who has to move to ensure distancing? It is well documented that loud utterances have the potential to spread droplets more readily than quiet talking, will cheering be allowed? What about players checking each other, fighting, or even leaning in close for a face-off? Will they all be required to wear full face masks?
I have been wondering about a lot of that. I think its 50/50 they even start in December. All it would take is one player testing positive for Covid after playing an exhibition game for the thing to be stopped. These are mostly kids, not professional adults.

>> What about during eating or drinking,

What about the Coors Banquet? Will that be served?

I am still going to renew ASAP. Just to support the team and to ensure I keep my seats.
Old 08-06-2020, 05:57 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I?m sitting on the fence as to whether I am going to renew ... I have been a STH since day one and would have renewed (albeit only my single seat again) in a heartbeat if it weren?t for this COVID 19 pandemic mess.

There are just so many unanswered questions still at this point in time, that I don?t particularly feel like parting with $600

I kinda think it?s ridiculous that they are asking long time STH to commit money under such a large cloud of uncertainty

I guess my feelings could change eventually but for now I?m not sure what I?m going to do ... and from the sounds of it the OHL isn?t certain either

Also the thought of there being potentially no crossover games with the West this season is another reason for me not to commit to a full seasons worth of games

Perhaps this year I?ll just buy multi packs of games and give up my seat ...
They should offer people the option of a 1 year inexpensive seat license. Say, 50 bucks and you have the right of first refusal on a your specific seat for the second season. If you don't want to commit right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 11:17 PM

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,984 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
I have been wondering about a lot of that. I think its 50/50 they even start in December. All it would take is one player testing positive for Covid after playing an exhibition game for the thing to be stopped. These are mostly kids, not professional adults.

>> What about during eating or drinking,

What about the Coors Banquet? Will that be served?

I am still going to renew ASAP. Just to support the team and to ensure I keep my seats.
We are going the $100 option, with full payment by November 1st. Although we received assurances there would be a refund for any unplayed games, there is still too much unknown to fully commit. We have a ton of questions but there are no answers yet. Asking for a commitment with so much left to speculation is not good business, and I think it will backfire on them.
Old 08-07-2020, 12:11 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
We are going the $100 option, with full payment by November 1st. Although we received assurances there would be a refund for any unplayed games, there is still too much unknown to fully commit. We have a ton of questions but there are no answers yet. Asking for a commitment with so much left to speculation is not good business, and I think it will backfire on them.
I dont get it. You got your assurance of a refund so what do you expect from the Icedogs management that you take a shot at them, saying it will backfire on them?
They cant predict the future with these uncharted territory with this new virus.
What are other teams doing different?
No team can predict how this virus will be by Dec, they are not health experts either.
I think the Icedogs management are doing a great job in a tough unpredictable situation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 06:19 AM

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,984 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
I dont get it. You got your assurance of a refund so what do you expect from the Icedogs management that you take a shot at them, saying it will backfire on them?
They cant predict the future with these uncharted territory with this new virus.
No team can predict how this virus will be by Dec, they are not health experts either.
I think the Icedogs management are doing a great job in a tough unpredictable situation.
I got verbal assurance, nothing in writing and that was specifically worded for "played games" , what if they are played but only 50 spectators are allowed, what if they are not cancelled just postponed for a year, what if I don't get my seat? High pressure sales consists of setting an urgent deadline without knowing all the answers. If you look at the informal poll here, and we are the die-hard, less than one third who answered have full faith. This isn't just the IceDogs, who I am very supportive of, this is the league. I would have expected a better response up front, but I am still renewing.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:12 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,913 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post

The IceDogs shutdown business operations during the uncertainty of a 2020-21 season, however, most OHL teams have been business as usual. Just to give you few examples of what other OHL teams have been doing…

Owen Sound Attack
On June 19, 2020, STH renewal packages have been mailed out effective Tuesday, April 28th, 2020.
**WE HAVE EXTENDED THE EARLY BIRD DEADLINE TO JULY 31ST, 2020.

London Knights
<>Full (100%) or Two Payment Plan: Immediately (25%) and October 1st, 2020 (75%)
**To secure early bird pricing we require the following deadlines to be met: Deposit ($100.00 per seat) required by: Monday, June 1st, 2020
**To secure your seat for next season: Full Payment required by: Thursday, October 1st, 2020

SSM Greyhounds
As of April 13, 2020: STH have access to the following discounted rates upon renewal: $567.00 + HST (Platinum equivalent seats). Place a $75 deposit (per seat) via credit card with remaining balance due Friday, August 14th.
**Given the uncertainty of the current situation and in order to accommodate season ticket holders we are extending the renewal deadline to Thursday, May 28th.

Ottawa 67s
No early bird offer listed – cost of equivalent platinum seats are $672.00 – minus credit.

Sudbury Wolves
Season Tickets are on sale for the 2020-21 season. Season Ticket Early Renewal 608.00 + HST before May 1st and 658.00 + HST after May 1st. 2020

Guelph Storm
Shutdown operations and are now reopened. STH early bird seating price are 654.00 for platinum equivalent seats.

The early bird renewal of my platinum 20-21 season tickets was $529.00, which included my credit for the 2 un-used tickets (= $16.50 per game this season).

Last edited by Blacksox; 08-07-2020 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:50 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The IceDogs shutdown business operations during the uncertainty of a 2020-21 season, however, most OHL teams have been business as usual. Just to give you few examples of what other OHL teams have been doing…

Owen Sound Attack
On June 19, 2020, STH renewal packages have been mailed out effective Tuesday, April 28th, 2020.
**WE HAVE EXTENDED THE EARLY BIRD DEADLINE TO JULY 31ST, 2020.

London Knights
<>Full (100%) or Two Payment Plan: Immediately (25%) and October 1st, 2020 (75%)
**To secure early bird pricing we require the following deadlines to be met: Deposit ($100.00 per seat) required by: Monday, June 1st, 2020
**To secure your seat for next season: Full Payment required by: Thursday, October 1st, 2020

SSM Greyhounds
As of April 13, 2020: STH have access to the following discounted rates upon renewal: $567.00 + HST (Platinum equivalent seats). Place a $75 deposit (per seat) via credit card with remaining balance due Friday, August 14th.
**Given the uncertainty of the current situation and in order to accommodate season ticket holders we are extending the renewal deadline to Thursday, May 28th.

Ottawa 67s
No early bird offer listed – cost of equivalent platinum seats are $672.00 – minus credit.

Sudbury Wolves
Season Tickets are on sale for the 2020-21 season. Season Ticket Early Renewal 608.00 + HST before May 1st and 658.00 + HST after May 1st. 2020

Guelph Storm
Shutdown operations and are now reopened. STH early bird seating price are 654.00 for platinum equivalent seats.

The early bird renewal of my platinum 20-21 season tickets was $529.00, which included my credit for the 2 un-used tickets (= $16.50 per game this season).

No one is upset that the Icedogs are offering tickets for sale. They are upset that it appears if you don’t buy your tickets now you could risk losing your seat for future seasons. That is the part that is unfair given the current circumstances.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post: