Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,794    Downloads: 1,907,526   Msgs Posted: 134,714   Thread Views: 32,584,724   Online Now: 114
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-20-2020, 08:10 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,313 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default Article on Tomasino

https://www.ontheforecheck.com/2020/...shawa-generals
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2020, 10:05 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,910 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
According to a source in the Canadian Hockey League close to both the Oshawa Generals and members of the Nashville development staff, it is likely that the Predators have had Kyle Turris’s immediate future set in stone for over a year. Nashville’s 2019 first-round draft pick Philip Tomasino, according to the source, was “really close to making the team [Nashville] in development camp” and that a Nashville staffer they spoke to “couldn’t understand why Oshawa had given up so much to trade for Tomasino when there was little chance he’d be in the juniors next season.”

FYI Someone who knows Rocco very well told me, about 6 months ago, that he (Gens owner) was fully aware of this possibility but wanted Tomasino so badly he was willing to take that risk. Here are some more stories in the Nashville newspapers on the Tomasino topic…

Preds prospect Tomasino believes he’s ready for NHL
Nashville Post May 12, 2020
https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports...-ready-for-nhl
It didn’t take Nashville Predators 2019 first-round pick Philip Tomasino long to unseat fellow forward Eeli Tolvanen as the organization’s top prospect. (Tomasino’s) eye-catching numbers led Predators assistant general manager Jeff Kealty to state in April that he wouldn’t be surprised to see Tomasino possibly challenge for a roster spot in Nashville next season.

Predators have plenty of time to ponder strange 2019-2020 season
Nashville Tennessean Aug. 8th, 2020
What's next for Predators after another early exit? With the salary cap likely not going up next season, general manager David Poile will have little wiggle room to make significant changes to the team's core. How different the team might look in a few months remains to be seen. One options is to buy out Kyle Turris' contract, let unrestricted free agents Craig Smith and/or Mikael Granlund go and give prospects such as Eeli Tolvanen and Philip Tomasino a chance.

Predators GM David Poile wants changes, meaning a youth movement is most likely on the way
Nashville Tennessean Aug. 13, 2020
https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...nt/3360154001/

Last edited by Blacksox; 08-21-2020 at 07:55 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2020, 02:59 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,255 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Whew
I was in the trade Tomasino next year camp
lol of course that was before what I saw Oshawa was willing to give up to get him...never imagined they would get that much of a haul for him

Oshawa has got to be one of the teams in the East I hate the most , so if Phil makes the NHL next year (still doubt that), I would love it !

Thanks for the postings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2020, 08:07 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

I hated trading Tomo, but I also thought Burke could get a haul for Tomasino if they did trade him. And, boy, did they ever! And unlike trades we’ve seen in the past, where a player gets moved for a single OHL playoff run, there was a chance Tomo could not make Nashville, and go back to Oshawa to burn us again. Also, if Tomo did only stay in OSH for one spring, I thought that might put a damper on the potential return a trade would bring.
But thankfully Tomo so impressed Nashville that he in fact wasn’t in OSH long.
Look at this haul: GUE: 2nd, ‘23
OSH: 2nd ‘20, 2nd ‘23, 2nd ‘24, 4th ‘24
KIT: 2nd ‘21, 2nd ‘23,
WSR: 3rd ‘24
And for some reason, Flint’s 4th round pick in 2020.
You could not ask for much more in return for one person While Phil Tomasino embarks on his NHL career, a quarter of the OHL will still be compensating the IceDogs for trading Tomo to Oshawa
Old 08-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,317 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I am also one of the members that did not want to trade Tomasino. But, when I saw the projected return, I started to change my mind again and when the trade was official with an even larger return, I was all in.

But, now Joey trades an important 3rd round over for an overage goalie. Still scaring ( should be scratching) my head on that one.

I wanted to trade Tomasino this season.... hm... how would that have worked out this season which will be a whole different animal from what we have been used to.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,910 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I was another one in that same camp as Strohs and RSJ. After seeing the return, I was clearly wrong.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:11 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
I was another one in that same camp as Strohs and RSJ. After seeing the return, I was clearly wrong.
I was also is this group of people
Old 08-22-2020, 04:10 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,255 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

There?s no guarantee he makes Nashville next year ... I would still be shocked if he does .... depends what direction the team wants to go I guess ... I think it also depends on what happens with the AHL next season. Not that Tomo could play in the A. But if the A isn?t running again, Nashville may keep players that normally would be headed to the A, which would force Tomo down the depth chart and back to junior.

Part of me says that things can?t remain shuttered forever and part of me thinks this virus isn?t going away until a vaccine ....

Will be interesting to see what happens with CHL/NHL/AHL this upcoming season ........ not every league can afford to play in empty buildings .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2020, 07:46 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,313 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
He can’t play AHL he’s not 20 if he could there would be no question he’s gone and Oshawa definitely wouldn’t give us what they did
Read his post again.
Old 08-22-2020, 08:34 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Read his post again.
Opps my mistake
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: