Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,791    Downloads: 1,867,551   Msgs Posted: 134,621   Thread Views: 32,055,215   Online Now: 137
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

DO NOT OVERPAY ��
Old 01-10-2020, 12:33 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,073 Times in 1,316 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

According to the OHL site

Cameron Peters and a North Bay 6th round pick in 2022 comes to Niagara for the rights to Christian Stevens; Ere 8th round pick in 2022 and a SSM 3rd round pick in 2023
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 12:43 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,181 Times in 811 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...cameron-peters Seems to have struggled maybe a change is what he needs
Old 01-10-2020, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
According to the OHL site

Cameron Peters and a North Bay 6th round pick in 2022 comes to Niagara for the rights to Christian Stevens; Ere 8th round pick in 2022 and a SSM 3rd round pick in 2023
It's not really an overpay, or at least we won't recognize it as such until next season... Not really worth worrying about at this point. I see this as an opportunity for Peters to show he can play in the OHL. My only issue with this trade is that we now have too many Camerons (Cameri?)...
Old 01-10-2020, 12:58 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,486 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
It's not really an overpay, or at least we won't recognize it as such until next season... Not really worth worrying about at this point. I see this as an opportunity for Peters to show he can play in the OHL. My only issue with this trade is that we now have too many Camerons (Cameri?)...

Can't say I like this. A third for a second year player who's done nothing so far. I don't get it? Oh well hopefully the scouts see something they like.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 01:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,486 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Apparently a big boy who can really skate. Played with Moore and Halliday with the Marlies in minor midget. Burkes love their Marlies and have done really well with them over the years. Hopefully he can find his groove here. Most of the North Bay posters on HF Board seem to like him and think he was misused. Hidden gem perhaps?

Maybe he can talk his buddy Halliday into showing up.(One can dream)
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2020, 01:34 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,736 Times in 1,900 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs add winger
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/icedogs-add-winger/
Old 01-10-2020, 02:02 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Joey Burke has already strip-mined this team to the point where the IceDogs, for the rest of this season, literally cannot be much worse than they are. Now, don’t get me wrong here. It’s year one of the rebuild, and trades like the Thomas trade, and the Tomasino trade(now that it’s completed)are exactly what you should be doing in a rebuild.
Stage 1: replenish depleted draft pick cupboard - complete.
Stage 2: execute trades that will enhance current competitive ability - processing...
So we shall see the sum total of everything the overage deadline brings once all the smoke clears. From my seat, the Hamilton game last night was very scatter-brained and disorganized - and that’s to be expected when the roster is dismantled on-the-fly. The new kid in net, Andrew McLean, absolute deer-in-the-headlights. McLean did make some impressive glove saves, but what do you do now? Do you put him in again tonight?
Old 01-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Joey Burke has already strip-mined this team to the point where the IceDogs, for the rest of this season, literally cannot be much worse than they are. Now, donít get me wrong here. Itís year one of the rebuild, and trades like the Thomas trade, and the Tomasino trade(now that itís completed)are exactly what you should be doing in a rebuild.
Stage 1: replenish depleted draft pick cupboard - complete.
Stage 2: execute trades that will enhance current competitive ability - processing...
So we shall see the sum total of everything the overage deadline brings once all the smoke clears. From my seat, the Hamilton game last night was very scatter-brained and disorganized - and thatís to be expected when the roster is dismantled on-the-fly. The new kid in net, Andrew McLean, absolute deer-in-the-headlights. McLean did make some impressive glove saves, but what do you do now? Do you put him in again tonight?
McLean is your starter now at least it seems that way so Iíd start him tonight and give Sbaraglia tomorrow night
Old 01-10-2020, 02:22 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
Can't say I like this. A third for a second year player who's done nothing so far. I don't get it? Oh well hopefully the scouts see something they like.
*shrug*

I'm ok with this. He's looked better than some of the kids we've dressed this year.

He's young, and has size and can skate. I'm interested to see what he can do before passing judgement on the trade. Will also depend if Christian Stevens reports to NB (and what kind of impact he has). As far as the picks, it looks much like I expected. No one gets fleeced from my view.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: