Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,637,198   Msgs Posted: 130,524   Thread Views: 27,294,368   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-19-2019, 11:57 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,205 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Has he been drafted into the NHL if not then why not he was a good player for a 4th liner Iím sure heíd be even better with more ice time
To my knowledge, I believe that he is eligible for the NHL draft in June.
I am asking because I believe that he was better than a 4th line player and I think he believe that as well.

I am hoping that he returns and gets more minutes next season.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:42 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default More time Sopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
To my knowledge, I believe that he is eligible for the NHL draft in June.
I am asking because I believe that he was better than a 4th line player and I think he believe that as well.

I am hoping that he returns and gets more minutes next season.
He is "way better" than a fourth liner although that was his assigned role unfortunately. ie; lots of "stars" on 1st lines got a bit too much time imho ( & tired eventually ). A real heart & sole guy who gives his all without complaint. Remember his fight on the showdown with Sudbury. Helped to determine that amazing result.
Old 04-19-2019, 02:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,106 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I would go out on a limb and say he doesn’t get drafted and he will have a much more prominent role on the team next year, well, mainly because we will have no forward depth with O experience .

Actually gotta give the JB man credit for this pick ... he was probably our best ever import draft selection ... that’s not saying much ... but still

I would think he returns next year and I would guess he probably plays regularly between the second and third lines ...

See I’m not always negative on the Burkie Boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Kyen Sopa is by far the best import player the Dogs have ever put in a sweater, but that’s not a high bar to jump over, considering their draft history.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 03:44 PM

Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,890 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Kyen Sopa is by far the best import player the Dogs have ever put in a sweater, but thatís not a high bar to jump over, considering their draft history.
More partial to Alexander Mikulovich.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 04:15 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Will Sopa be coming back next season?
I hope he returns.
That will leave one import spot open at the end of June or early July. Shortly after the NHL draft.
Would Bukac not also be eligible to return as an OA.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:21 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I would go out on a limb and say he doesn’t get drafted and he will have a much more prominent role on the team next year, well, mainly because we will have no forward depth with O experience .

Actually gotta give the JB man credit for this pick ... he was probably our best ever import draft selection ... that’s not saying much ... but still

I would think he returns next year and I would guess he probably plays regularly between the second and third lines ...

See I’m not always negative on the Burkie Boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he is not guaranteed 1st or 2nd line I canít see him returning. Only Thomas and Tomasino will be returning with more goals than Sopa (plus perhaps an OA player as well). I think his return is in jeopardy anyways given the fact he had 19 goals last year and still couldnít get promoted from the 4th line.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 04:32 PM

Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,890 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
If he is not guaranteed 1st or 2nd line I canít see him returning. Only Thomas and Tomasino will be returning with more goals than Sopa (plus perhaps an OA player as well). I think his return is in jeopardy anyways given the fact he had 19 goals last year and still couldnít get promoted from the 4th line.
This is one area where the coaching staff will have to improve. The lesson is courtesy of Tomasino: when Akil Thomas was out of the line-up Tomasino took his place and immediately became a factor. Yet when an injured Thomas returned, he took the top spot again. Line positions are earned and not carved in stone. Which goalie plays is also a coaching decision.

Put players where they can play their best.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 05:26 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of light

I tend to go with Alesander Mikulovich in this category.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to louie dogg For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2019, 10:43 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Kyen Sopa is by far the best import player the Dogs have ever put in a sweater, but thatís not a high bar to jump over, considering their draft history.
Remember Aagaard is up there as well, but he was traded for. "Drafted" by far it's Sopa.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post: