Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,742    Downloads: 1,635,383   Msgs Posted: 130,387   Thread Views: 27,152,380   Online Now: 107
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,200 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Just gonna throw it out there but doesn't Jody Hull have a ton of OHL experience
Yes, he does have lots
Old 11-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,924 Times in 1,232 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

This place is getting silly again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 03:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,614 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

My opinion for a coaching change is based primarily on what I saw last year (and not so much this year), although some areas of concerns are an extension from the previous year. It’s year one of a rebuild (a team full of rookies) - so the play and results were expected.

However, last year was BB performance appraisal year – a talented team that could not consistently play at the next level. There was a point mid-season (BB was MIA for two weeks with a “flu”) I thought a coaching change was imminent. Someone like Ted Nolan, with proven success at getting teams and players to elevate their level of play, would have been a season altering move.

As for this year, there may (or may not) be a point where BB decides to accept a different role within the organization. If that were the case, probably safe to assume Jody Hull would be hired as the interim coach.

Regardless, of what unfold – the IceDogs should seriously consider, if they haven’t already, hiring Dan Girardi as an assistant coach. With all his NHL experience (13 seasons – over a 1000 games), Girardi would be an excellent coach and mentor for the young IceDogs defense core. He has so much experience and knowledge of playing that position at the highest level. Girardi is a local NHL star, who resides in the Niagara Region (Fort Erie), what a resource - right in our backyard.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Here’s a topic that will shift the conversation - you know and I know that no job is as secure as a position gifted to you by your parents, who own the company:
We all want more offense in hockey, right?
Did you know that when the red line was put into hockey in 1947, the intent and what the NHL owners expected, was to INCREASE offense?
Now, as you probably know, the NHL has removed the red line. What do you think would happen if the red line were reinstated, and the blue lines were removed?
Old 11-06-2019, 05:17 PM

Thanked 3,450 Times in 1,886 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
This place is getting silly again.
Sorry, was out enjoying the sunshine and libations. Should be less silly now, please don't adjust your set. Ordinarily the silliness only has a 10 minute shelf life but when I am on vacation it can linger a bit. Apologies to all!!
Old 11-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,103 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Sorry, was out enjoying the sunshine and libations. Should be less silly now, please don't adjust your set. Ordinarily the silliness only has a 10 minute shelf life but when I am on vacation it can linger a bit. Apologies to all!!

Don’t rub it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,103 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Never stated that we should hire him. Merely stated that he his accused of doing a criminal act and until he is found innocent or guilty by his peers, there is the benefit of doubt.

Thank you RSJ... can’t believe some people on this board lol

I also never ever suggested to hire him again

Someone had mentioned he was charged and inferred he was guilty

All I said was that before someone suggests he’s guilty let him have a fair trial
Amongst his peers

He may very well be found guilty ... but he is innocent until proven guilty

Could you imagine if it worked the other way ... you are guilty until innocent? God help us all if the laws of justice swung like that .....

GDG

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 01:22 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,102 Times in 1,433 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Thank you RSJ... can’t believe some people on this board lol

I also never ever suggested to hire him again

Someone had mentioned he was charged and inferred he was guilty

All I said was that before someone suggests he’s guilty let him have a fair trial
Amongst his peers

He may very well be found guilty ... but he is innocent until proven guilty

Could you imagine if it worked the other way ... you are guilty until innocent? God help us all if the laws of justice swung like that .....

GDG

Where did I innfer he was guilty? I did say if he did it he's guilty, regardless of what a court says. As a Bills fan I can guarantee you won't be seeing me in a 32 jersey anytime soon.

Someone asked what he's doing which I would think innfers they think about hiring him. All I said was there's zero chance I would think about hiring him. Sorry, but if you've been charged with a crime, as a potential boss I'm going to assume you're guilty and steer clear. Not because I think you are or aren't guilty. Simply just to protect myself and my business.

At the end of the day his head coaching record is spotty at best(Missed playoffs 5 of 7 years, never out of second round) and he's got some personal baggage. No need to go there.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 03:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,244 Times in 1,614 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Regardless, of what unfold – the IceDogs should seriously consider, if they haven’t already, hiring Dan Girardi as an assistant coach. With all his NHL experience (13 seasons – over a 1000 games), Girardi would be an excellent coach and mentor for the young IceDogs defense core. He has so much experience and knowledge of playing that position at the highest level. Girardi is a local NHL star, who resides in the Niagara Region (Fort Erie), what a resource - right in our backyard.
Welland Hometown Hockey Update

Dan Girardi, who played with Dan Paille on a number of local Welland Tigers teams, including an OMHA winning squad and the Welland Jr. B Cougars, is also honoured and excited to have been invited to this weekend's Hometown Hockey festivities. "It's a great hockey town. I loved playing there when I was growing up," said Girardi, who also owns a home in Niagara Falls but is currently residing in Florida coaching his son's team alongside retired NHL superstar Vincent Lecavalier.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 11:12 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,109 Times in 759 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Today climate any charge you have to prove your innocence.