Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,817   Msgs Posted: 130,483   Thread Views: 27,267,769   Online Now: 45
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I see no reason why both Thomas and tomasino miss a game this weekend unless they are injured I donít remember team CHL keeping guys out of league games team Russia is another story though
Russia keeps their players, but I donít recall there being a situation where an IceDog player missed a league game for one of these games. I could be wrong though. With the travel maybe they miss the Sudbury game (not winning that one anyways) but see no reason for missing the game against Hamilton (game they have a chance to win).
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 08:23 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure they have missed games in the past....I guess we will soon find out...and I'm sure the Dogs will not make a statement, as it could affect ticket sales.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:37 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,113 Times in 762 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I'm pretty sure they have missed games in the past....I guess we will soon find out...and I'm sure the Dogs will not make a statement, as it could affect ticket sales.
There on the road
Old 11-06-2019, 09:55 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
There on the road
Oops I wondered about that...lol
Old 11-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

There are no OHL games scheduled for Thursday or Monday. Could the reason be that the Canadian players are not expected to miss games? The Russian player do for sure (e.g.Maksimov last year).
Old 11-07-2019, 12:38 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,233 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
There are no OHL games scheduled for Thursday or Monday. Could the reason be that the Canadian players are not expected to miss games? The Russian player do for sure (e.g.Maksimov last year).
IIRC, players are not permitted to play 4 days in a row. The only time this would come up is if a player was traded or the "super series".

With the Dogs playing only Friday and Sunday, this shouldn't effect them as far as the rules go. That doesn't mean teams won't sit one of their best players instead of having them play 4 games in 5 days and travelling for all 4.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2019, 01:15 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
IIRC, players are not permitted to play 4 days in a row. The only time this would come up is if a player was traded or the "super series".

With the Dogs playing only Friday and Sunday, this shouldn't effect them as far as the rules go. That doesn't mean teams won't sit one of their best players instead of having them play 4 games in 5 days and travelling for all 4.
It would make sense for the IceDogs to sit them out for the Sudbury game (not winning that one anyways) and have them rest for the game in Hamilton. Less travel and rested for Sunday.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:38 PM
Team Captain

Niagara will be facing top 2020 NHL Draft prospect Quinton Byfield tonight.

Despite having played last night in Kitchener for the CIBC Canada-Russia Series, Captain Akil Thomas and Alternate Captain Phil Tomasino are expected to play tonight in Sudbury.

Tonight’s game will be broadcast live on YourTV Niagara, OHL Live, Newstalk 610 CKTB. Live updates will be provided on the IceDogs’ twitter page.
Old 11-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,908 Times in 1,205 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Niagara will be facing top 2020 NHL Draft prospect Quinton Byfield tonight.

Despite having played last night in Kitchener for the CIBC Canada-Russia Series, Captain Akil Thomas and Alternate Captain Phil Tomasino are expected to play tonight in Sudbury.

Tonightís game will be broadcast live on YourTV Niagara, OHL Live, Newstalk 610 CKTB. Live updates will be provided on the IceDogsí twitter page.

Live updates on Twitter suck these days in my opinion and I do not believe that I am the only one that thinks that.. All those damn figures (emois, I think they are called) just drive me over the top and the nick names do not help me. Only annoy the hell out of me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 02:45 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
[/u][/b]
Live updates on Twitter suck these days in my opinion and I do not believe that I am the only one that thinks that.. All those damn figures (emois, I think they are called) just drive me over the top and the nick names do not help me. Only annoy the hell out of me.
Matt and DJ did a much better job with the game updates (and they never used those confusing nicknames).