Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,637,203   Msgs Posted: 130,524   Thread Views: 27,294,821   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 03:43 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
[/u][/b]
Live updates on Twitter suck these days in my opinion and I do not believe that I am the only one that thinks that.. All those damn figures (emois, I think they are called) just drive me over the top and the nick names do not help me. Only annoy the hell out of me.
Agree 100%! I use to look at the IceDogs twitter account to see the lines and defencemen pairing. But now they only list the players nicknames. How are we suppose to know the nicknames. Now I donít even bother looking as itís too much trouble. I have no idea why they think using nicknames that no one knows is a good idea.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2019, 05:27 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
Agree 100%! I use to look at the IceDogs twitter account to see the lines and defencemen pairing. But now they only list the players nicknames. How are we suppose to know the nicknames. Now I donít even bother looking as itís too much trouble. I have no idea why they think using nicknames that no one knows is a good idea.
People see the nicknames enough they should be able to tell who they are the idea is keep using them cause they are kids and thatís what they probably go by if fans donít want to take the time (not that long) to figure the nicknames out thatís not the teams probably
Old 11-08-2019, 05:30 PM

Thanked 3,457 Times in 1,890 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
People see the nicknames enough they should be able to tell who they are the idea is keep using them cause they are kids and thatís what they probably go by if fans donít want to take the time (not that long) to figure the nicknames out thatís not the teams probably
No, that is the team's problem. When you factor in the demographic of the average fan, they are NOT sub-20. So even though your intern media relations lad might be, your audience isn't. #fail
Old 11-08-2019, 05:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,205 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
No, that is the team's problem. When you factor in the demographic of the average fan, they are NOT sub-20. So even though your intern media relations lad might be, your audience isn't. #fail
Total agreement here. Thanks!!
Old 11-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was cute the first time I saw it. I was pissed the second time.

There was somebody on twitter converting it. I forget which account.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:38 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,966 Times in 1,106 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Total agreement here. Thanks!!

Ughly

Gonna be a quiet bus ride home .....

Wow

We can’t make up any ground as Kingston and Mississauga keep up with their losing ways ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 11:03 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

The Dogs don’t have much. They really need what they do have to show up.
I just gotta keep reminding myself: Year 1 of the Rebuild.
Year 1 of the Rebuild.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The Dogs donít have much. They really need what they do have to show up.
I just gotta keep reminding myself: Year 1 of the Rebuild.
Year 1 of the Rebuild.
Itís the OHL. Before Guelph won the 2019 OHL championship, Year 1 was a 13 win season Ė a league low 156 goals for and league high 297 goals against. Year 2 got a little bit better and so onÖ

In 2017-2018, the bottom two eastern teams were Peterborough and Sudbury Ė in 2020, those two teams will be challenging for an OHL championship.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

The only disheartening thing about this year has a lot to do with the OHL sanctions, which, thank the Lord, are almost done. I really believe Landon Cato and Isaac Enright are going to be the cornerstones of the re-built Niagara IceDogs. I was and still am hoping another big part of this rebuild will be what the Dogs get in return for the trades of Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino.
In my opinion, those two have gotten off to slow starts, which I’m hoping they’ll both soon come out of, so as not to dampen their trade value. But holy cow, I did not think scoring was going to be this much of a struggle this year.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:31 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,233 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The only disheartening thing about this year has a lot to do with the OHL sanctions, which, thank the Lord, are almost done. I really believe Landon Cato and Isaac Enright are going to be the cornerstones of the re-built Niagara IceDogs. I was and still am hoping another big part of this rebuild will be what the Dogs get in return for the trades of Akil Thomas and Phil Tomasino.
In my opinion, those two have gotten off to slow starts, which I’m hoping they’ll both soon come out of, so as not to dampen their trade value. But holy cow, I did not think scoring was going to be this much of a struggle this year.
Having Thomas play defence is not helping his production. I’m not sure why he’s been playing back there instead of a guy like Castleman. They haven’t scored a goal in two straight games. Put someone back there that doesn’t contribute offensively. It’s not like they’re keeping the puck out of their net anyway.

The good news is, he had a very good showing in the Russia game.

Last edited by fishfan51; 11-09-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Closed Thread