Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,185,570   Msgs Posted: 121,022   Thread Views: 21,269,421   Online Now: 100
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 10-29-2018, 04:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,415 Times in 864 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default Top 50 OHLs 2019 NHL draft

OHLprospects just put their top 50 OHL's 2019 NHL draft

Tomasino was ranked at #12 but, unfortunately, they only wrote up the top 10.
I started a new Thread on this but, it might have gotten lost. If is shows up on the new one. Sorry.

5. Billy Constantinou - Defense - Niagara IceDogs
If you read my preseason rankings (see above), you'd know that I'm a huge fan of this mobile offensive blueliner. His potential as a play creator is through the roof because of what he can do with his feet. His decision making with the puck has really taken a big step forward though. Among the highest point producers from the blueline 5 on 5 this year so far because he's evading the forecheck, consistently has his head up, and is looking to push the pace with stretch passes or his legs. He's really picking his spots well too, showing restraint when necessary and as such, has really limited his turnovers in the neutral zone from trying to force rushes. Still want to see more from him running the point on the powerplay. And with his size, his defense, specifically his ability to defend down low, will continue to be scrutinized. But Constantinou possesses really nice potential and is having a great start to the year.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
OHLprospects just put their top 50 OHL's 2019 NHL draft

Tomasino was ranked at #12 but, unfortunately, they only wrote up the top 10.
I started a new Thread on this but, it might have gotten lost. If is shows up on the new one. Sorry.

5. Billy Constantinou - Defense - Niagara IceDogs
If you read my preseason rankings (see above), you'd know that I'm a huge fan of this mobile offensive blueliner. His potential as a play creator is through the roof because of what he can do with his feet. His decision making with the puck has really taken a big step forward though. Among the highest point producers from the blueline 5 on 5 this year so far because he's evading the forecheck, consistently has his head up, and is looking to push the pace with stretch passes or his legs. He's really picking his spots well too, showing restraint when necessary and as such, has really limited his turnovers in the neutral zone from trying to force rushes. Still want to see more from him running the point on the powerplay. And with his size, his defense, specifically his ability to defend down low, will continue to be scrutinized. But Constantinou possesses really nice potential and is having a great start to the year.
12. Philip Tomasino - Forward - Niagara IceDogs
Had very high expectations for Tomasino heading into this year, but he's been a bit disappointing so far. Part of that is a lack of ice time, as Niagara elected to keep him down the middle and has him centering the 3rd line with minimal special teams play. But part of that is also that I'm not sure he's been at his best. Tomasino IS at his best when he's using his speed to dictate pace, attacking the offensive zone and looking to attack the middle using his great puck skill. But from what I've seen so far, decision making with the puck has been a bit of an issue with him trying to force things. However, even when he's not at his best, he still makes a couple plays per game that make you say "wow." Truly believe that Tomasino's offensive potential, both in this league and as a pro, is very high. It can be tough for him to stand out consistently given his lack of key minutes on a good team, so he'll have to round out his game to truly be a difference maker on any given night
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 04:30 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,086 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

28. Kyen Sopa - Forward - Niagara IceDogs
Have really liked Sopa's play both times that I've seen Niagara play this year. He's not a big guy at 5'9, but he plays much bigger than that. Sopa is a real greasy player who seems to enjoy getting his nose dirty in traffic. I certainly didn't expect him to possess that type of pest-like game. Creates a lot of room and scoring chances because of his hustle. But there's definitely good puck skill there too. Protects the puck well down low and possesses very good finishing ability in tight. Has proven to be very difficult to separate from the puck, especially for a guy his size. He's like the little engine that could. As he gains confidence in his offensive abilities, playing in a new country and league, I wonder how much more he is capable of.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2018, 04:45 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

My post #433 was found on the Boards site and just copied what was on the submission that I read. I have not gone to the Prospect site yet though.

Thank you Blacksox!

I created a new thread and when a clicked on post, it disappeared. Gone.

Maybe the powers to be could create the proper thread and move this messages to where they were intended. If it is meant to be. The title created was OHL prospects top 50 OHL's NHL draft rankings...
Old 10-29-2018, 08:05 PM

Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,510 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Maybe the powers to be could create the proper thread and move this messages to where they were intended.
The powers that be have acted.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:10 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The powers that be have acted.
Once again, you are something to behold. Thanks again.
I have a feeling that this will a more that one page thread