Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 939,063   Msgs Posted: 118,051   Thread Views: 18,878,932   Online Now: 64
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,294 Times in 775 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The Dogs really have done a good job banking points thus far. My concern is entirely defensive. Even now, after all this time, the Dogs still really struggle just getting the puck out of their end, and up to the forwards. Man, if only the Dogs could lighten the load on Steve Dhillon. Without looking the numbers up, I’d be willing to bet the Dogs’ average shots allowed per game is over 30. I’ve been at games where the shot clock is over 40 on both sides. Dhillon has absolutely been the Dogs’ MVP this year.
Our defensive end play has been a concern for me as well.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Defence is definitely a concern but I’m wondering if it gets fixed when Lochead is back because everyone gets slotted properly
Old 01-23-2018, 12:36 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have any idea when Lochead is coming back for sure?
Old 01-23-2018, 12:51 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,294 Times in 775 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Defence is definitely a concern but I’m wondering if it gets fixed when Lochead is back because everyone gets slotted properly
We will get a little bit better when Lochead returns as one of the players now playing will be bumped to the spectator category.
Any thoughts on who will sit?
I have not heard anything about Lochead.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:59 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
We will get a little bit better when Lochead returns as one of the players now playing will be bumped to the spectator category.
Any thoughts on who will sit?
I have not heard anything about Lochead.
It's hard to sit any of them. They're all playing ok. But if I had to bet, I'm thinking there will be a rotation of Hunter, MacPherson, and Constantiou sitting. None of them deserve to get press box time really. But we have a bit of an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young Dmen.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:18 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
It's hard to sit any of them. They're all playing ok. But if I had to bet, I'm thinking there will be a rotation of Hunter, MacPherson, and Constantiou sitting. None of them deserve to get press box time really. But we have a bit of an embarrassment of riches when it comes to young Dmen.
I agree on the rotation but would say Ham before hunter
Old 01-23-2018, 02:08 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I agree on the rotation but would say Ham before hunter
I would say Schaefer before Hunter, Ham, Constantinou or MacPherson... But doesn't mean that's what the coaching staff will do... I just see them trying not to sit MacPherson because it's his draft year. Schaefer won't sit because for some reason this team seems to love him. He's ok. But... You know, whatever. Ham has improved vastly from last year and become another staff favourite, so he's not going to be sitting.

I stand by my 3 man rotation. Even if I like the thought of Lochead and Hunter together more than any other defensive pairing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Itll be Billy C and Hunter rotating as usual with the odd day off for Sheaffer and Ham
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2018, 07:54 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,023 Times in 963 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

A quick look at the next two weekends…

If February 12th rolls around and the Ice Dogs are still relatively close to Barrie (4 points?), they likely played some of their best hockey of the season!

BOLD – HOME
RED – GAMES AGAINST an ELITE SIX TEAM

NIAGARA
Fri, Feb 2 NIAG 0 OTT 0 7:00 pm
Sat, Feb 3 NIAG 0 KGN 0 7:00 pm
Tue, Feb 6 NIAG 0 KIT 0 7:00 pm
Thu, Feb 8 SSM 0 NIAG 0 7:00 pm
Sat, Feb 10 NIAG 0 SAR 0 7:05 pm

Sun, Feb 11 NIAG 0 WSR 0 2:05 pm

BARRIE
Wed, Jan 31 BAR 0 OS 0 7:00 pm
Fri, Feb 2 BAR 0 LDN 0 7:30 pm
Sat, Feb 3 WSR 0 BAR 0 7:30 pm
Thu, Feb 8 BAR 0 HAM 0 10:30 am
Fri, Feb 9 BAR 0 MISS 0 7:00 pm
Sat, Feb 10 FLNT 0 BAR 0 7:30 pm

Last edited by Blacksox; 01-30-2018 at 08:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2018, 08:28 AM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Ouch - that's a pretty brutal schedule coming up.