Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,363    Downloads: 1,052,661   Msgs Posted: 119,024   Thread Views: 20,097,370   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-24-2018, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
In a nut shell to keep it simple, other wise, it would be a very long winded..

Jekyll and Hyde
Doesn't that seem to be a hallmark of this Niagara team? Up and down and up and down... Every team experiences trouble, but does every team's fans get so upset about it? Every year it's the same thing, and we the fans get super into it, and argue, and analyze (guilty of over analyzing myself).

I hypothesize that perhaps we're all a bit too close. At the beginning of the year, most of us could agree that this team is fair to middlin... 4th to 5th place finish... Most of us agreed that a 2nd round exit was likely. But around the time it looked like they might exceed expectations people started to get really down on these boys. The ups feel higher, the lows feel lower because we bleed black and red...

Relax gang. I'm pretty sure this team will still finish 4th or 5th, and if they make it out of the 1st round, will exit in the 2nd round no matter where they finish, because very few teams are unbeatable over a 7 game series. But also only SO much puck luck to go around.

Can we all just enjoy the roller coaster that IS having a team in a developmental league. Sure let's discuss, but let's try to keep it light... The sky isn't falling. Just our hopes for a Central Division Banner. Which none of us expected this year anyway.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2018, 12:37 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
In a nut shell to keep it simple, other wise, it would be a very long winded..

Jekyll and Hyde
Yes J&H, I was the one who coined that last year, I get it.

AlphaDog has long winded posts that I enjoy, its his real ease, itís therapeutic. Have a go at it.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,014 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Doesn't that seem to be a hallmark of this Niagara team? Up and down and up and down... Every team experiences trouble, but does every team's fans get so upset about it? Every year it's the same thing, and we the fans get super into it, and argue, and analyze (guilty of over analyzing myself).

I hypothesize that perhaps we're all a bit too close. At the beginning of the year, most of us could agree that this team is fair to middlin... 4th to 5th place finish... Most of us agreed that a 2nd round exit was likely. But around the time it looked like they might exceed expectations people started to get really down on these boys. The ups feel higher, the lows feel lower because we bleed black and red...

Relax gang. I'm pretty sure this team will still finish 4th or 5th, and if they make it out of the 1st round, will exit in the 2nd round no matter where they finish, because very few teams are unbeatable over a 7 game series. But also only SO much puck luck to go around.

Can we all just enjoy the roller coaster that IS having a team in a developmental league. Sure let's discuss, but let's try to keep it light... The sky isn't falling. Just our hopes for a Central Division Banner. Which none of us expected this year anyway.

Great post Auld!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 08:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,014 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Standings and schedule updated.

Playoff type hockey for the next 3 weeks. Enjoy it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 01:16 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,475 Times in 810 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post

Most of us felt that a 4th / 5th place finish and second round exit could be accomplished ..... without emptying the draft pick cupboards for a certain high scoring OA forward .... .....

Uh oh ... the Sam Militec Fan Club is going to give me a hard time for this post ... lol

Sorry if the truth hurts !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2018, 09:18 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

I think most of us on here would agree that whether or not it was a good trade, it has been a joy watching Sam play. This may have affected our chances of going all the way next year but we will never know for sure if that in fact is the case. We certainly do not have the assets to trade for some of the higher end players that we might have done if we had not made the trade for Sam. Who knows if Joey has any tricks up his sleeve that we are not aware of. Let's hope so!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 01:28 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

Between Joey and Mr MacLeod I am sure they will have it covered. MacLeod's recruiting expertise will likely land us a high porfile American just like London - Keep the faith - the team is in good hands
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 02-27-2018, 02:01 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to allNachoLou is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Between Joey and Mr MacLeod I am sure they will have it covered. MacLeod's recruiting expertise will likely land us a high porfile American just like London - Keep the faith - the team is in good hands
Yawn *crickets
Old 02-27-2018, 04:40 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
maybe we will have committs from Jack Randl or Joshua Norris
Old 02-27-2018, 07:49 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Take away the 15 goals and 12 assists that Sam has gotten in 21 games played and I think we would be further down the points standings at this time. I don't think anyone else would have scored on those games. So if it was a good trade or not he has helped us.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post: