Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,787   Msgs Posted: 121,970   Thread Views: 21,706,146   Online Now: 90
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:46 PM
3rd Line

Swifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to beholdSwifty14 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry had to stop.... Strohs you got it
Old 03-03-2018, 12:47 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
I would have to think that this team has some season ending “dressing room” issues going on right now.

Sorry guys but, I don’t think we will be spending much in playoff tix this year. JMO

Things are not going well.
Understatement of the year. I left early last night - could not take any more.
Dressing room issues? Interesting. Has the "we love #44 and he is untouchable" becoming (or become for a while) an issue? Very talented player but has the "God complex" thing got to him and the others?

Interesting to look at the stats last night:

Johnson - Langdon - Philip - all +1 with total of 6 shots
Maksimov - Jones - Corneil - all 0 with total of 6 shots
Miletic (-4) - Thomas (-5) - Tomasino (-4) with a total of 5 shots

Which line played the most? Well ice-time not stated but from my sense when being there I would have said the TMT line was out most, and face-offs would suggest that to be the case:

Jones 15 at 67%
Langdon 17 at 59%
Thomas 22 at 59%

So TMT line by far worse defensively of the 3, least shots and most face-offs. I would also say that Thomas takes the longest shifts of any of the centres and the centre who follows him always gets shafted on ice-time.

Coach is unable (or seems unable or inexperienced enough) to change anything when it is not going well.

a) PP so bad it is actually laughable. 2nd pp unit way better than 1st last night - but Burky never gave them 1st chance on pp.

b) Stevie D should have been pulled after 3 - he was clearly not playing well.

c) When a player continually turns the puck over time after time (and our D was shocking last night - with the exception of Lochead who had a decent game) why isn't he sat to think about it?

d) Constantinou plays more like a winger than our Wingers! Why not move him to forward then as he sure isn't a D. Very skilled player - but oh man doe she need to play as a D and pass the puck to a F rather than rush.

My sense is that some of the players are getting very frustrated by the constant turnovers, lack of coaching and God-like treatment of certain players that you may just be right. Maksimov, Castleman, Philip all gone backwards this year. Why is that? Would another coach get what Dave Bell got out of them last year? I can't help but think that is the case.

Does not bode well for the end of this season or indeed next.

If I was the GM I would be looking to trade Jones, Maksimov and maybe even #44 this summer and get ins some assets for a run in 3 more years. This team doesn't have it and not enough of a core to change that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 12:50 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

I agree. There is plenty of talent on this team - look what we did last year and should be better. We are not. Less heart, less compete, more me-me-me. Coach is simply not good enough to know what to do when it all goes pear-shaped. If I were the decent players on this team I would want out over the summer.

Corneil, Maksimov, Philip, Castleman - they would all be doing better with a better coach.

The boys look demoralised on far too many nights.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:58 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
I agree. There is plenty of talent on this team - look what we did last year and should be better. We are not. Less heart, less compete, more me-me-me. Coach is simply not good enough to know what to do when it all goes pear-shaped. If I were the decent players on this team I would want out over the summer.

Corneil, Maksimov, Philip, Castleman - they would all be doing better with a better coach.

The boys look demoralised on far too many nights.
I’d be demoralized when my goalie is know for giving up softball goals as well if you look at the games during and after the losing streak where we’ve looked pathetic and games wheee even if they lost them looked alright to pretty good Incze has played majority if not all of the good games for the team
Old 03-03-2018, 01:02 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Sadly I agree. Dhillon bailed out this team last year. This year he looks checked out and Coach not prepared to pull the plug for some unknown reason. I get a "Moran" feeling all over again. No way can SD take us anywhere next year if indeed we do make a run for it. Frankly I see us starting the season and realising we cannot make it and selling off players and rebuilding again. This team does not have it. And I don't think we have either the coaching or trades/picks to make them good enough.
I think he doesn’t want to pull the plug for a few reasons like when Marty and Moran were around Moran was always called the guy before he was the number one and during his time here SD has been the same and I don’t think they trust Incze because of his size unfortunately i think they think it’s easy to beat him just wait till he’s down and try and put it high
Old 03-03-2018, 01:07 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,552 Times in 1,060 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Understatement of the year. I left early last night - could not take any more.
Dressing room issues? Interesting. Has the "we love #44 and he is untouchable" becoming (or become for a while) an issue? Very talented player but has the "God complex" thing got to him and the others?

Interesting to look at the stats last night:

Johnson - Langdon - Philip - all +1 with total of 6 shots
Maksimov - Jones - Corneil - all 0 with total of 6 shots
Miletic (-4) - Thomas (-5) - Tomasino (-4) with a total of 5 shots

Which line played the most? Well ice-time not stated but from my sense when being there I would have said the TMT line was out most, and face-offs would suggest that to be the case:

Jones 15 at 67%
Langdon 17 at 59%
Thomas 22 at 59%

So TMT line by far worse defensively of the 3, least shots and most face-offs. I would also say that Thomas takes the longest shifts of any of the centres and the centre who follows him always gets shafted on ice-time.

Coach is unable (or seems unable or inexperienced enough) to change anything when it is not going well.

a) PP so bad it is actually laughable. 2nd pp unit way better than 1st last night - but Burky never gave them 1st chance on pp.

b) Stevie D should have been pulled after 3 - he was clearly not playing well.

c) When a player continually turns the puck over time after time (and our D was shocking last night - with the exception of Lochead who had a decent game) why isn't he sat to think about it?

d) Constantinou plays more like a winger than our Wingers! Why not move him to forward then as he sure isn't a D. Very skilled player - but oh man doe she need to play as a D and pass the puck to a F rather than rush.

My sense is that some of the players are getting very frustrated by the constant turnovers, lack of coaching and God-like treatment of certain players that you may just be right. Maksimov, Castleman, Philip all gone backwards this year. Why is that? Would another coach get what Dave Bell got out of them last year? I can't help but think that is the case.

Does not bode well for the end of this season or indeed next.

If I was the GM I would be looking to trade Jones, Maksimov and maybe even #44 this summer and get ins some assets for a run in 3 more years. This team doesn't have it and not enough of a core to change that.
Tough to say what line played the most last night considering Burke through lines in a blender half way through the game.
Old 03-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Poor media guys are crying on twitter that they got no interviews last night.. they say they are very disappointed... wonder how they would feel if they actually paid to watch that game
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2018, 01:49 PM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Haven't been following the Dogs very much this year until recently. Lots of stuff going on. But watched last night's game. This team looks spent. Defense is horrible and Dhillion not stopping **** he used to stop last year or the year before. Hoping they can get hot at the right time and make a good run for it in the playoffs.

Go Dogs Go!
Old 03-03-2018, 02:11 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Poor media guys are crying on twitter that they got no interviews last night.. they say they are very disappointed... wonder how they would feel if they actually paid to watch that game
I get where they are coming from though you’ve done it after every home game before and they’ve played worse than last night plus it doesn’t have to be Billy sent an assistant out or heck one of your captains
Old 03-03-2018, 02:49 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I get where they are coming from though you’ve done it after every home game before and they’ve played worse than last night plus it doesn’t have to be Billy sent an assistant out or heck one of your captains
If anyine paid attention they never did a pregame interview like they usually do either... maybe tbey decided that its time to shift their focus .. and there was no second period interview with one of.our ayers either.. im not saying it was right but at the same time maybe they have bigger things to worry about
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post: