Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,001,056   Msgs Posted: 118,536   Thread Views: 19,599,983   Online Now: 75
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-09-2018, 12:05 AM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Well, it's starting to sound like GM Joey put his foot in mouth once again. He told Rod on the radio that all of our over-agers were coming back.
Hmmmmm..
He could not have announced that the players were going to Western. That is not his place, its Western place to announce it. If you listen to the interview, Joey says that "the plan would be for the four" and then he stops and says "these are guys that are going to be sought after" and then says they will let it unfold as it does over the summer. Then he says "With that being said, Stephen Dhillon is not going anywhere" which implies that he is the only OA coming back for sure.

When I heard the interview, I knew something was up right away.

As far as Halliday, at the time of the draft the IceDogs thought he was committed to coming here. I think the fact that he was drafted in the third round despite being told for most of the year that he would be a first round OHL pick made him rethink his options.

I would rather have a coach and GM that tells the fans what they know is true at the time rather than not saying anything and leaving the fans in the dark.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 08-09-2018 at 12:08 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2018, 03:54 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,366 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think at worst he is "good enough" to play at the OHL level. If things don't work out, he can be part of a trade package to a team that does not have 2 imports. There always seems to be a market for NHL picks. But at this point I think the plan is to keep him and hope his development continues.

He can't be traded for a full calendar year.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:33 AM

Thanked 2,618 Times in 1,427 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Verbally Committed. But those are his intentions at this time but things can change.
It was another poke at our GM's comment that Halliday would "100% be an IceDog". When he signed up with USHL, the faithful interpreted that as "next year" he would be an IceDog. The latest revelation says otherwise.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:41 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

What happened to his commitment to the USHL seems to me does not know what he wants
Old 08-09-2018, 03:45 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
What happened to his commitment to the USHL seems to me does not know what he wants
still with them ....university for 20-21
Old 08-09-2018, 10:39 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
He can't be traded for a full calendar year.
That has been changed for this season. Import players will be allowed to be traded closer to the trade deadline, much like first round picks can be traded during a specified time period. It will likely be announced after the Board of Govenors meeting later this month.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:18 PM
3rd Line

Quote:
That has been changed for this season. Import players will be allowed to be traded closer to the trade deadline, much like first round picks can be traded during a specified time period. It will likely be announced after the Board of Govenors meeting later this month.
Actually I guess it has already been announced

https://lfpress.com/sports/hockey/ju...ort-ban-lifted

MOVING CLAUSE: The CHL has taken another step to make its league more appealing to European players. They have dropped a rule stating first-year imports could not be traded until the following season.

“We’ve said, ‘come and try it,’” Branch said, “and by mid-December, there will be a period of time that player could be traded if he’s not happy. But he’s got to be registered and playing for a CHL team for that to happen.”
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2018, 09:36 PM
Rookie

Hockey22 is on a distinguished road

In my view and likely others, our Gm is a sleep at the wheel or his scouting staff definitely were during the lead up to the OHL Draft. Many other teams backed off Halliday because his advisors extremely clear that he was going the college route well before the draft not like others. This article just proves that point 100 percent. Not to mention other posts prior to the draft. Did they not talk to the advisors or the family? I guess not.

The question is Why did we waste as 3rd round pick on someone who had ZERO intention of ever coming and couldn’t have been clearer. The fact he was picked number one in ushl also proves it was all set up way before Ohl draft.

http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...led-commitment

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ho...73edb3397.html

The 2002 draft is very deep from all accounts so very painful that we missed out on another quality asset.

What am I missing here? Frustrating.
Old 08-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,460 Times in 802 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey22 View Post
In my view and likely others, our Gm is a sleep at the wheel or his scouting staff definitely were during the lead up to the OHL Draft. Many other teams backed off Halliday because his advisors extremely clear that he was going the college route well before the draft not like others. This article just proves that point 100 percent. Not to mention other posts prior to the draft. Did they not talk to the advisors or the family? I guess not.

The question is Why did we waste as 3rd round pick on someone who had ZERO intention of ever coming and couldn’t have been clearer. The fact he was picked number one in ushl also proves it was all set up way before Ohl draft.

http://grandforksherald.com/sports/h...led-commitment

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/ho...73edb3397.html

The 2002 draft is very deep from all accounts so very painful that we missed out on another quality asset.

What am I missing here? Frustrating.

Well I’ve always said I wish they would swing for the fences more often ... they did this time ... and they missed .... I love the aggressiveness ....

Not sure what Halliday is thinking when he says that college route is the best way to develop ... forget his exact words ... pretty sure it’s widely acknowledged that the CHL is THE BEST developmental league In The world for pro hockey.

Oh well what can ya do ....

Plenty of others have said they were only going to go college route ... and yet they end up in London.

Sucks that he’s not reporting though.

I hope the Burkies learn from this ... wonder what made JB day he’s ‘100% going to report?’

That’s what I don’t get ....

He better not say anything so silly in the future ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Well I’ve always said I wish they would swing for the fences more often ... they did this time ... and they missed .... I love the aggressiveness ....

Not sure what Halliday is thinking when he says that college route is the best way to develop ... forget his exact words ... pretty sure it’s widely acknowledged that the CHL is THE BEST developmental league In The world for pro hockey.

Oh well what can ya do ....

Plenty of others have said they were only going to go college route ... and yet they end up in London.

Sucks that he’s not reporting though.

I hope the Burkies learn from this ... wonder what made JB day he’s ‘100% going to report?’

That’s what I don’t get ....

He better not say anything so silly in the future ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You say what you believe Joey must have believed he was going to report I’m ok with joey saying what he believes even if it doesn’t turn out to be true I wish everyone in sports did the same