Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 966,362   Msgs Posted: 118,224   Thread Views: 19,251,572   Online Now: 80
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Blatant and uncalled interference all night by Ottawa. Not sure why the refs aren’t calling it this year.

Most of the time he just shoots at the goalie’s crest.
Agreed.. he works so hard and than he fluffs it to the nets.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:28 PM

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,420 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Agreed.. he works so hard and than he fluffs it to the nets.
We can't be the only ones to notice this. Can the coach not train him to deke, or fake a shot and get the goalie to drop, or go for a skate until someone else catches up? Anything is better than a soft shot to the goalie's chest.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,455 Times in 797 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
Was at a concert with my wife. Bonehead Jr. Jr. (my youngest son) was there with Bonehead Sr.

Yes I chatted with boneheaded sr in the bathroom during one of the intermissions and he informed me of your replacements and your whereabouts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2017, 11:38 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Would that be Bonehead III?

It’s not the 1800’s anymore.

It would be *drumroll please* Bonehead 3.0

Lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 12:36 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Ottawa winning goal was on a pick play should not have counted by the rule book they did give it a look got one point and a cross bar from two points.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 12:37 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
We can get rid of Shankar anytime now. Can't skate can't shoot. Don't know why we picked him up. He needs to shape up or ship out.
What he blocked a few shots in period one during an Ottawa power play I know he took a stupid penalty in period two but he was not that bad
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 07:23 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedoggy View Post
I think we looked bad because this was are real first test.Maybe playing all these weaker teams has made us think we are better than we are.Our goalie is the reason we have a winning record.

Ottawa played well, played a tight defensive game, and we hung right with them.

It’s a 68 game season ... not going to win them all.

Some losses will be worse than others ... personally I didn’t think they were all that bad tonight ... certainly they weren’t like that Sudbury game a couple weeks ago where they were atrocious ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I have thought they have looked totally disorganized for the most part, the last few games I've seen here. No Flow offensively, lots of scrambly play and not much of this team speed I was hearing about. I'm starting to wonder if our record is a bit misleading and has more to do with the quality of our opponents. But like someone said it's still early and I guess you have to take whatever you can get point wise at this stage of the game. One thing is for sure , there is lots of room for improvement.....Go Dogs
Old 10-22-2017, 09:19 AM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

The team that showed up to play the first few games has gone missing. That team had endless hustle, they beat the other team to the puck in the offensive and defensive zones and they fore checked relentlessly. All of that good stuff seems to be gone. They are content to coast into the corners behind the opposition, no longer caring to get the puck first. The forecheck and speed are gone, replaced with a lazier more carefree approach to the game. I miss the eager team from the beginning of the season. Even the d zone coverage has slipped. I remember watching the first game against Hamilton and Niagara gave them absolutely nothing for space and time. Even when Hamilton did manage a shot, it was from the outside and if there was a rebound, it was quickly removed from harms way.

What happened to that team? Has it been coached out of them? Is this a system they are being taught?
The Following User Says Thank You to g_squad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Team Captain

I do not know about weaker teams we played and beat Hamilton an east contender twice.