Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,801    Downloads: 2,099,291   Msgs Posted: 135,063   Thread Views: 35,043,503   Online Now: 167
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-13-2021, 10:15 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,799 Times in 1,940 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

PROSPECT FEATURE:

IceDogs’ Draftee Brice Cooke Possess Rare Goal-Scoring Ability (FEB. 12, 2021)
https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/i...coring-ability

February 9, 2020 vs Markham Majors
Scouts Notes: Cooke played a fantastic game scoring two goals and adding an assist. Cooke also threw several hits and battled hard in front of the net. He benefits from his great skating to create scoring chances and he isn’t afraid to get into the gritty areas. He has a very complete game and really no overt deficiencies.

February 2, 2020 vs Toronto Nationals
Scouts Notes: Cooke really stood out against the Nats and was one of the best players on the ice. His tenacity paired with his skill allowed him to score two goals and create turnovers. He is a great skater with lots of speed. He showed no hesitation getting in front of the net on the PP and drove the net from the corner several times. Every viewing, Cooke’s complete game seems to standout more and more.

January 27, 2020 vs Mississauga Senators
Scouts Notes: Cooke’s physical ability coupled with his offensive skills were on display. His puck skills and speed are overlooked on the talented JRC lineup. Cooke’s skating mechanics are very good. He constantly finishes checks, plays hard in the corners and created havoc in front of the net.

December 22, 2019 vs Toronto Red Wings
Scouts Notes: Brice is an offensive threat every time on the ice. Smooth hands and ability to read plays quickly and make the right decision. Plays with a higher motor and was strong on the penalty kill and backcheck.

Brice Cooke (2 Goals vs Marlies)
http://www.hudl.com/v/2D5QVE

Brice Cooke (2 Goals vs DMF)
http://www.hudl.com/v/2Czsks

Brice Cooke (2 Goals vs NYR)
http://www.hudl.com/v/2Cz0hu

Brice Cooke (1 Goal vs DMF)
http://www.hudl.com/v/2CXbp7

Old 02-21-2021, 12:18 AM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Tucker Tynan has signed an amateur tryout with the Iowa Wild
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/tynan-goes-wild/

Joey Burke said, “This is no surprise and a great testament to the work Tucker has put in not only to recover, but to return to elite form.”

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2021, 09:45 AM

Profiling IceDogs’ Draftee Dylan Roobroeck
https://niagaraicedogs.net/article/p...ylan-roobroeck

Dylan Roobroeck Scouting Reports
@alliancehockeyscout.com
Round 3 Pick #45: Niagara Icedogs select Dylan Roobroeck (London Jr. Knights) – Roobroeck was part of the three headed monster down for the Jr. Knights this year. Roobroeck didn’t put up the numbers some expected, he still showed plenty of potential. Standing at 6’3″, Roobroeck has the size to play center at the next level. If he can fill out his frame, he could transition to a power forward type player.

@thescout.ca
Dylan Roobroeck, C/LW, London Jr. Knights (Alliance): Roobroeck is a versatile forward who uses his size and strength to his advantage. He makes quick–accurate setup passes in the offensive zone and does a nice job drawing opponents to him to open up the ice for his teammates. He has a strong shot he can get off anywhere in the zone and is capable of scoring from further out.

@hockeyprospect.com
Scouts Notes: Dylan has high offensive upside. He’s at his best when he uses a combination of his size, reach, speed, and hands to get around defenders – when he does this he is very hard to stop.

Scouts Notes: Dylan is an intriguing center with good size, skates well and has a lot of offensive upside. His shot is outstanding. He is hard to defend against when he’s at top speed.

Scouts Notes: Dylan is an exceptionally skilled centre. With the puck, he can control the game with his stick handling and puck protection. Dylan has a very hard and accurate shot.

Scouts Notes: Dylan offensive capabilities are evident every shift. He has very good puck control and at top speed he is difficult to stop. At times he tends to be a bit selfish and does not to pass it. Dylan does have quite the hard shot.

Scouts Notes: Dylan is good at the faceoff dot, has good puck skills and is creative with his hands. Although he is a shoot/attack first kind of forward, he does have very good vision and passes well.

Scouts Notes: Dylan is a big force on the ice that is hard to knock off the puck, hard to slow down, and hard to hit. He uses his speed and vision to elude defenders very well for a player of his stature. Dylan has a heavy, accurate shot.

Old Today, 01:44 PM

Rookie defenceman eager to compete
By Bill Potrecz - March 1, 2021
https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/rook...er-to-compete/

Leonard admits the mental aspect of not knowing can take its toll. “I think it’s underestimated the effect this has on all the kids’ mental health,” he said.

“Ever since I saw the arena and met the staff I fell in love with Niagara, the team and the atmosphere there,” he said. “It’s too bad I haven’t been able to go back yet but it’s also something to look forward to knowing I get to play in the best place in the OHL.

“I think my skating and my speed are probably my best attributes. I’m working on my hands and puck handling. I’ve been working on it like crazy and I’ve elevated it and I’m definitely ready to make a big impact once I do go.”
Old Today, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Interesting. Amoungst elite company…

International Silver Stick - 2019 All Star Award Winners (January 21, 2019)

BANTAM AAA DIVISION
Cameron Korpi (G) - Detroit Honeybaked

Chase Pietila (D) - Detroit Little Caesars
Lane Hutson (D) - Detroit Honeybaked

Frank Nazar (F) - Detroit Little Caesars
Ryan Conmy (F) - Buffalo Jr. Sabres (2020 OHL Priority Drafted RD 8 #142 by Niagara IceDogs)
Rutger McGroarty (F) - Detroit Honeybaked

Bantam AAA MVP: Rutger McGroarty

#36 RW Ryan Conmy (USA) - Bishop Kearney Selects 16U / BEAST 16U AAA National League
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/554916/ryan-conmy

2019-2020 Buffalo Jr. Sabres 15U AAA 59GP - 27G - 21A - 48 Pts
2020-2021 Bishop Kearney Selects 16U AAA 38GP - 20G - 27A - 47 Pts (To Date)

Ryan Conmy drafted in 2020, round 8, #142 overall by the Niagara IceDogs is currently playing for Bishop Kearney Selects (Rochester), led by Rochester native, former NHLer and US National Team member Ryan Callahan (Director of Player Development).

thescout.ca 2020 Scouting Report: Ryan Conmy, RW, Buffalo Jr. Sabres (USA). Conmy is a sizable and dynamic winger who is able to play both sides of the ice pending where he can be most effective. He’s a great skater with high top–speed, elite edge work. He is a good puck carrier but his shot is where he truly shines as his shot possesses the range to score from anywhere. He gets open for passes quickly and employs a strong release on his shot.
PROJECTED: 4th - 5th round.