Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,708    Downloads: 1,577,035   Msgs Posted: 128,739   Thread Views: 25,917,113   Online Now: 91
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Pictures, Videos, Audio A place to post your photos, videos, audio clips, etc. Any media you can share - please post it in here!

Old 10-09-2014, 11:39 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,095 Times in 747 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I was also told the orange seats had to do with the Rankin cancer run I hope they shows signs where the exits go to thou It was a little confusing last night.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I found out. It's to do with seat dedication where $50 from every dedicated seat goes to the Rankin Cancer Run.
The Following User Says Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Serving a Suspension

PuckerMan is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Actually when I first walked through those doors, and took it all in , I actually started to tear up. This place has been a long time coming.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM
SysOp

Thanked 2,794 Times in 1,364 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Did anyone find out why the top 2 rows of the retractable seats are orange?
According to the little flyer that came in the package with our season tix, they're available for 'dedication', where you can pay $250 or $300 (I can't remember which) and have some sort of label put on the seat.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
SysOp

AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I was also told the orange seats had to do with the Rankin cancer run I hope they shows signs where the exits go to thou It was a little confusing last night.
Yah.. when you enter, you don't know what that part of the arena looks like from the other parts of the arena - so if you walk around, it's hard to remember where you came in. Some nice BIG clear signs labeling where each exit goes to would really help.

And even once through the doors from the concourse, big signs pointing UP or DOWN and labeling where each goes. eg: "To St. Pauls St. WalkWay" with an arrow pointing up, then another pointing down with it labelled where that goes. They're just big concrete areas with stairs so to anyone unfamiliar with the place (ie: me, last night) it's impossible to know what staircase leads where.

Again, they're still doing finishing touches so hopefully better directions will be posted. It won't be an issue for those who regularly attend, but for people who come from out of town to watch their team, and even locals who only take in a few games a year, stuff like this is pretty much a necessary thing.

Can't wait till opening night to see what the place looks like - it will look SO MUCh different (better!) with a sea of fans filling the seating bowl instead of empty seats!
Old 10-11-2014, 05:43 PM
3rd Line

DogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura aboutDogDaze has a spectacular aura about

I was honestly presently surprised, I've been to quite a few arenas and I was expecting to be disappointed on some level, but I really loved it. Very well done and feels like a big league arena.

Only two things I didn't like.

1. Even though I know this section is probably not completely finished... I still think the retractable seating section looks so unfinshed and just doesn't blend in with the rest of the arena. Was hoping for more of this
  2. There is no box office at all for the Ice Dogs inside the main building. I asked twice and received the same answer. The ticket office is on the McGuire side (far side) of the arena that has the team name above the door. The box office inside the main entrance along Ice Dogs way is for the the actual Meridian Center events only... no Ice Dogs tickets are available here. There is however a ticket style ATM in one of the staircases.
Old 10-11-2014, 05:54 PM
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogDaze View Post
I was honestly presently surprised, I've been to quite a few arenas and I was expecting to be disappointed on some level, but I really loved it. Very well done and feels like a big league arena.

Only two things I didn't like.

1. Even though I know this section is probably not completely finished... I still think the retractable seating section looks so unfinshed and just doesn't blend in with the rest of the arena. Was hoping for more of this
  2. There is no box office at all for the Ice Dogs inside the main building. I asked twice and received the same answer. The ticket office is on the McGuire side (far side) of the arena that has the team name above the door. The box office inside the main entrance along Ice Dogs way is for the the actual Meridian Center events only... no Ice Dogs tickets are available here. There is however a ticket style ATM in one of the staircases.
1: I think you won't even notice it much once those seats are filled with people. You'll just see jackets and hats and faces all the way around.

2: Yah.. we're talking about this in another thread. REALLY not the best planning to have the box office hidden away somewhere in the building, away from where people are going to be first walking in towards the building. It'll be ok for non-season-ticket-holder fans who come back often and get used to it, but for fans who take in only a few games a year with their families, out-of-town fans, etc... it's going to be really confusing for them. Hopefully they can find a way to get the box office right up where people first come into contact with the building when they approach. I haven't been to a LOT of other arenas, but I've been to a few, and all of them, for away-fans, it's easy because you walk in the main doors and there's the box office to get your ticket.
The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaDog For This Useful Post: