Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,833    Downloads: 2,571,547   Msgs Posted: 136,348   Thread Views: 40,010,862   Online Now: 82
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:59 PM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

I know things are bleak, but we are playing a lot of youngsters (with high end talent)…I do think we squeeze into the playoffs but don’t make it out of the first round!…I’m surprised there has been no discussion on our new over anger…no insight blacksox?
Old 11-23-2021, 10:44 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
I know things are bleak, but we are playing a lot of youngsters (with high end talent)…I do think we squeeze into the playoffs but don’t make it out of the first round!…I’m surprised there has been no discussion on our new over anger…no insight blacksox?
OA Liam Van Loon, other than his name, I don’t remember him. Van Loon was the only player from the Bulldogs championship roster returning this season.
His statistics as an 18 year old were decent 56 games scored 33 points - mostly assists.
This season as a 20 year old, has played 2 games with Hamilton 1 goal and 1 assist; Niagara 3 games 1 goal.

On his draft day 2017 (a former MM teammate of Mason Howard)…
theScout.ca@TheScoutDotCa · Apr 8, 2017
Drafted 50th overall (3rd Round) HAM - Liam Van Loon: (LJK) - 4th LJK...fantastic pick IMO...engine is revving at uncomfortable pace...good finisher ..never cheats

Following the trade on Twitter, Bulldog fans, who have seen him play, wrote…

One of the best skaters I've watched in Hamilton since his debut. Works hard, generates chances on the PK with his speed, has a hard time finishing his chances. Best of luck to him.

Plays with an edge...And a very good player.

Vanloon good player try’s hard every game is heart soul guy plays 200 feet of the ice when he gets a chance to play. He was awesome for us in Hamilton when we had him. He will be a good addition ur team.

You will love Liam as a Hamilton fan have watched him for years even when he played jr.b Liam plays just like gally from the Habs!!! Plays like a pit bull gets under guys skin will drop the mitts finish every check gives the team energy I’ll definitely miss watching him in Hamilton

Post trade Joey Burke wrote…
Liam brings an exciting, fast-pace playing style and moves incredibly well and is very detailed. He is a guy who can play in all situations, who has a high level of smarts and skill.

Last edited by Blacksox; 11-23-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:00 PM
3rd Line

Dawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of lightDawger is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Blacksox…did we release an OA?
Old 11-23-2021, 01:24 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
Thanks Blacksox…did we release an OA?
I don’t think they have yet but cook will be gone eventually unless they decide to trade Howard or Betts if the season keeps going the way it is
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 10:04 AM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I don’t think they have yet but cook will be gone eventually unless they decide to trade Howard or Betts if the season keeps going the way it is
Cook played his first game for the Cobourg Cougars last night.
Old 11-25-2021, 04:00 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,921 Times in 2,011 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

As a GM Joey Burke has done a good job trading, drafting and recruiting, however, for all of us on this site, the concern is the level of coaching being provided by the entire staff.

It’s pretty clear after the last two weekends, despite complaints on social media, the decision of who coaches the team does not belong to the fans. Our decision is strictly whether to attend the game or not. I’ll continue to support the team, enjoy a night out with friends, cheer on the team – and hope that whoever the coaches are, can figure it out and win some games.

Social media can serve as a reality check. The average IceDog fan is just that, an average fan. Some remain supportive; some are angry; some spread misinformation; some are extremely knowledgeable.

Truthfully, there are probably only a few hundred fans who “truly” understand junior hockey. I recall after the 2020 trade deadline, fans (but not the ones on here ) had to be talked off a cliff when the Ice Dogs “traded away their two best players”, but that is the average fan, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that – those are the other 4800 fans that sellout the Meridian Centre and cheer passionately for the IceDogs each year.

So here we are 21-22, there are going to be games that are exciting and entertaining and some that are NOT, but the decision to go to the game is ultimate yours.

I’ll be there tonight – and every other game this year. Anyone else going tonight ?

Last edited by Blacksox; 11-25-2021 at 04:16 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2021, 04:11 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
As a GM Joey Burke has done a good job trading, drafting and recruiting, however, for all of us on this site, the concern is the level of coaching being provided by the entire staff.

It’s pretty clear after the last two weekends, despite complaints on social media, the decision of who coaches the team does not belong to the fans. Our decision is strictly whether to attend the game or not. I’ll continue to support the team, enjoy a night out with friends, cheer on the team – and hope that whoever the coaches are, can figure it out and win some games.

Social media can serve as a reality check. The average IceDog fan is just that, an average fan. Some remain supportive; some are angry; some spread misinformation; some are extremely knowledgeable.

Truthfully, there are probably only a few hundred fans who “truly” understand junior hockey. I recall after the 2020 trade deadline, fans (but not the one on here ) had to be talked off a cliff when the Ice Dogs “traded away their two best players”, but that is the average fan, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that – those are the other 4800 fans that sellout the Meridian Centre and cheer passionately for the IceDogs each year.

So here we are 21-22, there are going to be games that are exciting and entertaining and some that are NOT, but the decision to go the game is ultimate yours.

I’ll be there tonight – and every other game this year. Anyone else going tonight ?

I’m right there with you I’ll be there tonight and every other game no matter what the team looks like
Old 11-25-2021, 05:27 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,300 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Skipping out on tonight only because I dont go to every home game, I split my season ticket basically into 2 tickets for 17 games or so
Usually go to around 20 games plus all playoffs

GDG

Lets keep the score in a losing effort respectable tonight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2021, 08:46 PM
Team Captain

Probably the best period we’ve had in awhile in the first (minus the goals against which IMO from first look both should be saved)
Old 11-26-2021, 12:25 AM
2nd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Tucker has looked shaky the last couple of games. For some reason he isn’t cleanly catching shots right now and is giving up some juicy rebounds. A couple of the GA tonight we’re of that variety. The biggest issue tonight was the D not clearing the front of the net. Hamilton always had guys standing around the net screening Tynan and being in position to bang home the rebounds. At the other end, Hamilton’s goalie had no traffic in front and no issue seeing the shots Niagara sent at the Bulldog logo.