Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,451    Downloads: 1,215,938   Msgs Posted: 122,210   Thread Views: 21,785,132   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
Rookie

Meowinawoofworld will become famous soon enoughMeowinawoofworld will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Thomas will probably be here till January next year so those people will have more than enough time to beat that horse a bit more as for who’s after probably just Billy Burke since they probably won’t be good next year and it’ll be all his fault somehow
Or, it could be a spinning wheel - take your pick of who to blame!

Choose from one of:
A. Joey the GM
B. The Burke's for treating it like a family business
C. Billy the Coach
D. London (because somehow it's always their fault)

And some will even harp on:
E. The Miletic trade

Or, if all else fails:
F. It's still Marty's fault!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meowinawoofworld For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM
1st Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Or your route, complain when people voice opinions on a discussion forum. I don’t come here to read last night’s stats, I come to see what people are seeing that I may not be. Over half the time, I don’t agree with it, but that doesn’t mean I am right either. That’s the entertainment and educational side to life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Or your route, complain when people voice opinions on a discussion forum. I don’t come here to read last night’s stats, I come to see what people are seeing that I may not be. Over half the time, I don’t agree with it, but that doesn’t mean I am right either. That’s the entertainment and educational side to life.
I get what you are saying... at the same time you can look at said poster and they only make negative comments about 2 said players otherwise they are like a ghost on here.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowinawoofworld View Post
Well, they are the Evil Empire. Any self-respecting Ice Dogs fan should loathe them.
Old Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Choose from one of:
A. Joey the GM
C. Billy the Coach

E. The Miletic trade

Or, if all else fails:
Thanks for your indepth analysis of what's wrong with everyone else here. Your own spinning wheel is even less diverse - mostly all you do is complain about the other participants in your lofty 21 whole posts.

So in the sake of welcoming a newbie, there are only a few moving parts on the hockey machine: the GM, the coach, the players, the owners, the league and the other team. If you take those items off the list what is a hockey team fan site supposed to discuss.

I can tell you are a meow in a woof world which right off the bat suggests you are looking to downplay Dogs fans. I'll cut to the chase here, you won't find cat memes here.

Go Dogs Go!

Yes, I am an Icedogs fan. I yell at the coach from the stands, when the other team scores I say "who cares" , I cheer "Woo" when we score. I like good trades, I complain about bad ones. I voice my opinion and it's not always rosy and optimistic but plenty of times it is. I wear a jersey to the game, I toss popcorn back at the mascot and stand and cheer my brains out when we score. There's lots like me on this site.

If you only see the negative that's more a reflection on you than on me or the great members that sign in year after year.
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Rookie

Meowinawoofworld will become famous soon enoughMeowinawoofworld will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
Thanks for your indepth analysis of what's wrong with everyone else here. Your own spinning wheel is even less diverse - mostly all you do is complain about the other participants in your lofty 21 whole posts.
Ahhh, so because I only have 21 posts, you choose to devalue / ridicule my posting. Ok. Also, due to my 'different' handle, you feel you can make assumptions about my postings and / or intentions. Maybe I prefer cats. Maybe I see things differently. Quite presumptuous on you part. But, hey, this is an open fan forum, so presume away

As I stated in my very first post, as a numbers person, I like to look at numbers of situations. You're right, I only have 21 previous posts, as opposed to your over 1000. Congratulations.

I value the opinions of many posters. I choose to bring to light numbers when I believe something is presented inaccurately (e.g., drafting, PK).

My straying from that would come on my last post, where my attempt at humour was apparently misunderstood.

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday as I will mine.

Last edited by Meowinawoofworld; Yesterday at 05:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to Meowinawoofworld For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 04:44 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to allnotldogsfan is a name known to all

Quote:

Choose from one of:
A. Joey the GM
C. Billy the Coach

E. The Miletic trade

Or, if all else fails:
I mean, there are a lot of legitimate things there to complain about. The Miletic trade was absolutely terrible and is preventing us from adding another key player this season when we are actually going all in, but in very tough against Ottawa and London if we get there.

The promotion of the Burke kids is also frustrating from the perspective of an Oilers fan. I've watched my favourite team under-achieve year after year because the owner puts his friends (former Oilers and Hockey Canada execs) in power over potentially more qualified people.

I would have no issue if the Burke kids made there was legitimately somewhere else first.

And London, well... don't get me started on that BS
The Following User Says Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post: