Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,813   Msgs Posted: 121,971   Thread Views: 21,707,196   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Seven goals and seven assist here but he has also battled injuries the Dogs knew he was not he fastest skater . In the last seconds I cannot believe he missed that shoot all he had to do was tap it in not shoot the puck back to Michigan lol.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

My feet have not stuck to the cement like they did when I went to the Hershey Centre last season.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:15 AM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I hope the IceDogs organization give Aagaard a good welcoming when he comes back.. no one lo likes to lose like that but they did a hell of a job in the tournament this year... congrats
Yes and a good round of applause by us fans!!!!
That means up out of your seats people!!!
I wonder if he is in the line up tonight??
And marty could sit payne

Last edited by maddog; 01-03-2015 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:04 AM

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,556 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
There's so many rules to when you can and when you can't fight now, that players are just saying "screwit". It's been slowly ruled out, just as hitting is. The role of the tough guy is gone. You dont' see any Fletchers or Baldwins in the league any more. Truthfully, I don't know why Branch doesn't just go straight to his goal and make it non-contact. Then he wouldn't have to worry about fights breaking out, or players getting hit and hurt.
There has to be a balance, I had family in the OHL back in the days of the Niagara Falls Thunder and essentially it became goon-hockey. There were fights all the time and sub-par players used to be kept in the line-up to headhunt talent. Sure I can see the entertainment value in your caveman and our caveman going toe-to-toe, but it certainly took away from the hockey aspect of things. Ultimately, the fighting component took on a life of its own and the fans voted with their dollars.

I don't think anyone expects to go to a hockey game and have no physicality. Certainly an organization that touts itself as the premier development league for the NHL can't eliminate it entirely or credibility will be lost and players will be ill-prepared for teh big show.

I think they are trying to find a balance between grit and sending our young prospects to an early exit.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:14 AM
SysOp

Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,361 Posts
AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!AlphaDog is absolutely magnificent!

I think it comes down to, coaches aren't going to have someone in the lineup who brings nothing to the table when he has the gloves on. They need to take out all the stupid fighting-related rules they've implemented in the last 10yrs and let the coaches decide who gets ice time. Not many smart coaches are going to give more minutes to a guy with 2 pts and 200PIMS over someone with 50pts and 2PIMs.
Old 01-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Serving a Suspension

SportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud ofSportsBulletNews has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
I think it comes down to, coaches aren't going to have someone in the lineup who brings nothing to the table when he has the gloves on. They need to take out all the stupid fighting-related rules they've implemented in the last 10yrs and let the coaches decide who gets ice time. Not many smart coaches are going to give more minutes to a guy with 2 pts and 200PIMS over someone with 50pts and 2PIMs.
The coaches DID make those choices before the rules were implemented though.....I think that's the point
Old 01-18-2015, 12:56 PM

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,556 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsBulletNews View Post
The coaches DID make those choices before the rules were implemented though.....I think that's the point
That was exactly my point. If you didn't have talent on your team in those days, you could at least beat on the other team's talent and steal a win while everyone licked their wounds. It wasn't just the coaches that did this either, the officials' tolerance for goon hockey was quite high, we are in a much better balance now.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:21 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

If you get the chance watch Flyer hockey when it's on TV. All they show in their highlights is fights. It's definitely still the main drawing card in Philly.
Old 01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

icedogs are number 2 in pk behind Oshawa...........and are moving up on pp at 17
Old 01-26-2015, 06:16 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

this year we are 8 in attendance with average of 4, 256