Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,255    Downloads: 849,228   Msgs Posted: 115,086   Thread Views: 17,359,047   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:06 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,316 Times in 729 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Good effort, lads. Making the playoffs was our playoffs. I don't wanna say they're done, but they're done. You just wish that the Dogs had had a better record down the stretch in order to avoid the no.1 seed.. I think it would be one thing if the Dogs were playing really poorly in this series, but they're not. They're pretty much running on all cylinders, and are now down 0-3.

I have to say that was a helluva game. If they hadda stayed out of the box they would have won ... that being said they played a very disciplined game and the penalties that were called were not what I can remember to be stupid bonehead penalties.

We were simply beaten by a better team tonight but I have to say I was very impressed with the dogs comets level tonight and their attention to detail in the defensive zone.

HD a moment to chat with Marty W on the way to the pisser in the 2nd intermission. He said his health is great and I have to say he looked very healthy and fit. Glad to see he seems to be doing very well and he was still cheering for his old team tonight .

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 12:18 AM

Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,312 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
HD a moment to chat with Marty W on the way to the pisser in the 2nd intermission. He said his health is great and I have to say he looked very healthy and fit. Glad to see he seems to be doing very well and he was still cheering for his old team tonight .
It was his son's team they honoured during the ceremonial puck drop tonight, three guesses who the coach was
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Tough loss tonight but we gave the Petes a battle still like to see a win Thursday .
Old 03-29-2017, 12:31 AM
3rd Line

Resonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the roughResonator is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Really a morgue ?

My ears are ringing from the game.

I found it very loud in there tonight.

Must not have been picked up very well on the tv broadcast.

As I sit here and type this my ears are still ringing from the noise in there
Tonight .

IF you would have read my next post I alluded to the crappy sound mike setup. I know the rink is loud in the playoffs. The tv never does it justice. The radio always sounds louder IMO...
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

A coach once said, if you combine your penalty kill percentage with your power play, as long as it's over 100, you're doing ok. When you're in trouble is if your PP is below 20%, and your PK dips below 80.
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I'd wager the Dogs' numbers don't add up. Their PK hasn't been terrible, but the PP has been utterly useless probably since Bell came on board.
A good power play makes the other team worry about taking penalties, and I think subconsciously officials start looking the other way on close calls.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:15 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,316 Times in 729 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It was his son's team they honoured during the ceremonial puck drop tonight, three guesses who the coach was

I know that.

Nice to see him there though.

Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,166 Times in 695 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

We really enjoyed last night's game even though we did not like the end result.
Maybe we can be a little bit luckier around the net on Thursday.
Staying out of the box is essential for us to be successful.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:25 PM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The light must be different in the pisser than on the ice where he looked unshaven and haggard. His hair is longer but it looked like he had lost some weight at least. I wondered why Haydon came out to take the puck drop then I saw Williamson and figured it out.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:34 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,715 Times in 818 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

“Twelve guys got a chance to experience playoff hockey for the first time,” he said. “We learned a lot, so I’m happy. Everything is about learning.”

GAME 1
LESSON: “You learn the intensity cranks up, you learn details get more finite,” said Bell.

GAME 2
“I really liked our intensity and our tenacity,” IceDogs head coach Dave Bell said. “They played hard, but they also took seven penalties, and that's too many.”

LESSON: “So obviously tonight's lesson is 'Stay out of the penalty box. We're getting better, which is good, and that's what the playoffs are all about is learning,” Bell said.

GAME 3
“I’m not disappointed in one guy,” he said. “Every guy played their hardest, everybody cared, everybody did the right thing.” “I’m extremely proud of them,” Bell said.

LESSON:
After game 1, Bell told his player that playoff hockey requires greater intensity – and that is exactly what the Ice Dogs did. After game 2, Bell challenged his players to take fewer penalties– and that is exactly what the Ice Dogs did.

In game 2 the Ice Dogs allowed the Petes 7 PP opportunities, however in game 3 the Ice Dogs only allowed the Petes 2 PP opportunities (unfortunately both resulted in goals).

GAME 4?
LESSON: Don’t quit!“
“For 71 games I can’t say they’ve quit in one game ever, and I don’t expect them to quit in Game 72.”

Cheering even louder and harder on Thursday night!

Go Dogs!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 12:44 PM
Big League

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Anyone know what it says on the back of the PO t-shirts?

I am going to grab one on Thursday.......and.......wear it too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post: