Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,118    Downloads: 826,388   Msgs Posted: 110,481   Thread Views: 16,325,489   Online Now: 81
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-29-2017, 11:08 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

How many of you thought this team’s biggest concern would be goal-scoring? With the talent the Dogs can throw over the boards, I thought 4 goals per night would be no problem. I thought the Dogs would have to out-score their defensive weaknesses, which, as I said, I thought would be quite do-able.
Maybe the Dogs are just heel-ing their shots, ringing posts and putting it over top of empty nets. I just hope pucks start going in soon, or it may be time to make some changes.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:00 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other membershotdog fan is well liked by the other members

They stsrted out scoring goals but the last couple of game i find they are playing for personal stats. There is no passing plays or anyone in front of the net to get rebounds.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:13 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
They stsrted out scoring goals but the last couple of game i find they are playing for personal stats. There is no passing plays or anyone in front of the net to get rebounds.
I agree with almost all that you wrote and I see what you see on not much team play lately but, more about the personal stats.
There is very seldom a player in the dirty areas.
They are passing the puck though. The pass is either 6 feet ahead of the player but, most of the time the passes go right onto an opposition player's stick.

The staff will fix these areas of concern,
Old 10-30-2017, 04:59 PM
4th Line

Dawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura aboutDawger has a spectacular aura about

I think Sudbury always has our number because they are still mad about the Wilkie trade!...anyway, it seems our kids are reading their press releases about how fast and skilled they are...seem to be playing for highlight reel goals instead of moving forward and attacking the net...one too many pretty passes on every power play which resulted in minimal shots with no one looking for a rebound...best part of the game for me was Lochead feeding the Sudbury guy...admittedly I wasn't on the ice to hear any verbal stuff but I couldn't understand why Lochead got the unsportsmanlike when I thought the Sudbury guy flipped the puck at him after the whistle to initiate the fight...didn't see the Missy game, but sure looks like we are in a funk and have to get back to our strengths...fast and skilled, don't just read it...be it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 06:34 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,027 Times in 843 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
How many of you thought this teamís biggest concern would be goal-scoring? With the talent the Dogs can throw over the boards, I thought 4 goals per night would be no problem. I thought the Dogs would have to out-score their defensive weaknesses, which, as I said, I thought would be quite do-able.
Maybe the Dogs are just heel-ing their shots, ringing posts and putting it over top of empty nets. I just hope pucks start going in soon, or it may be time to make some changes.
They finished 14th or 15th in the league in goals for last year. I don't know why people would think they are suddenly going to become an offensive juggernaut. They are a year older but lack high end talent. (Thomas,Tomasino and Constantinou excluded)

I know some think they are a talented bunch but I don't see it. They had numerous players that were NHL draft eligible last year that went completely undrafted.
The two that were taken, went late and very late in the draft. Older doesn't necessarily mean better.

I like the work ethic they have, but unfortunately I jut don't see this as a championship caliber team. (this year or next)
Old 10-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,027 Times in 843 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
I think Sudbury always has our number because they are still mad about the Wilkie trade!...anyway, it seems our kids are reading their press releases about how fast and skilled they are...seem to be playing for highlight reel goals instead of moving forward and attacking the net...one too many pretty passes on every power play which resulted in minimal shots with no one looking for a rebound...best part of the game for me was Lochead feeding the Sudbury guy...admittedly I wasn't on the ice to hear any verbal stuff but I couldn't understand why Lochead got the unsportsmanlike when I thought the Sudbury guy flipped the puck at him after the whistle to initiate the fight...didn't see the Missy game, but sure looks like we are in a funk and have to get back to our strengths...fast and skilled, don't just read it...be it!
Lochead shot the puck into his shins after the buzzer.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2017, 09:47 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you’re right, Fish. Outside of Thomas, Constantinou and maybe Tomasino, this is a ‘lunch-bucket’ kind of team. One that is going to have to grind out goals one at a a time. Defensively sound, opportunistic hockey. And for the love of God, please hit the net.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: