Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,118    Downloads: 826,388   Msgs Posted: 110,483   Thread Views: 16,325,538   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:58 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,174 Times in 649 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
A life built around others misfortunes is no life strohs

I said it sucks.... only one team, ok maybe two, I would wish misfortune upon ... (one is an obvious guess, the second is not).

I was looking forward to seeing him play when he came to town.

Not sure what you’re thinking ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I said it sucks.... only one team, ok maybe two, I would wish misfortune upon ... (one is an obvious guess, the second is not).

I was looking forward to seeing him play when he came to town.

Not sure what you’re thinking ...

My apologies please accept. I too wanted to see him.
Look S like if all goes well with his recovery we will only miss the Dec16th game. Hope he will be back for the mid January game.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,174 Times in 649 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
My apologies please accept. I too wanted to see him.

Look S like if all goes well with his recovery we will only miss the Dec16th game. Hope he will be back for the mid January game.

He actually may have missed that game anyways if he got a WJC invite ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,465 Times in 681 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

With the Ice Dogs being re-built to compete for a championship in 2018-2019, having both Owen Tippett (and Mike McLeod soon) returning to Mississauga is probably good news for Niagara. The Steelheads will now become buyers and not sellers. Selling McLeod and/or Tippett would have brought back a huge return.

The more buyers there are this year - the more teams in a rebuild next year.

Looking at the standing in the both the Eastern and Western conference – a lot of teams that should – and few team that shouldn’t - are likely to “go for it” this year!

Ice Dogs management has to resist the temptation - and hold on to all their assets for 2018-2019.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:07 AM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
With the Ice Dogs being re-built to compete for a championship in 2018-2019, having both Owen Tippett (and Mike McLeod soon) returning to Mississauga is probably good news for Niagara. The Steelheads will now become buyers and not sellers. Selling McLeod and/or Tippett would have brought back a huge return.

Looking at the standing in the both the Eastern and Western conference – a lot of teams that should – and few team that shouldn’t - are likely to “go for it” this year!

Ice Dogs management has to resist the temptation - and hold on to all their assets for 2018-2019.
I wonder what the Dogs would do if a contender came in with an offer for Corneil, Jones or Thomas with a lot of picks or some picks and prospects? Looking at this team now I am not sure they have the depth to make it next year (and certainly not this year). Is it worth losing any or all of them for a restock and go for it in 2 years?
Old 11-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to alldogs777 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
I wonder what the Dogs would do if a contender came in with an offer for Corneil, Jones or Thomas with a lot of picks or some picks and prospects? Looking at this team now I am not sure they have the depth to make it next year (and certainly not this year). Is it worth losing any or all of them for a restock and go for it in 2 years?
The only one I could see them trading away is Corneil heck I could even see them adding a younger player (3rd 4th year guy) because I really think they want to go for it next year. This years team could be a good team when everyone is healthy and they show up
Old 11-07-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,111 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newdawgsfan View Post
Corneil is an OA, so if someone came in offering a boatload of picks for him, they would likely take it. That said, I don't see anyone offering more than he is worth to keep. Neither of the other two would be offered up at this stage, regardless of whether it is a "go for it year" it is still a business and there has to be the prospect of winning some games to keep the attendance figures up.
Old 11-07-2017, 05:22 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to allStinkyp3t3 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

Well well, it would depend on who else is a buyer. I would say that Missy has enough to win the East rn actually w/o having to buy.
Pete’s will be buyers, but, they will find a way to lose.
Barrie is one year behind the ID’s in a rebuild
Ottawa is matching and OSH is at least a year away.
Princes may be low this year.

The West, well, Windsor doesn’t have anything to give, so, they will be Sellers big time.
Only buyers in the west will be OS will buy Windsor’s tender.
Soo will buy, but, will be thrifty.
Kit will buy and go for it.
Erie will sell for assets
Old 11-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

I don't see the Ice Dogs as buyers or sellers this year, except picking up scraps at the overage or international yard sale to keep us in the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2017, 06:17 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,465 Times in 681 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Well well, it would depend on who else is a buyer. I would say that Missy has enough to win the East rn actually w/o having to buy.
Pete’s will be buyers, but, they will find a way to lose.
Barrie is one year behind the ID’s in a rebuild
Ottawa is matching and OSH is at least a year away.
Princes may be low this year.

The West, well, Windsor doesn’t have anything to give, so, they will be Sellers big time.
Only buyers in the west will be OS will buy Windsor’s tender.
Soo will buy, but, will be thrifty.
Kit will buy and go for it.
Erie will sell for assets
Stinky facts corrections:

<> All OHL teams that build their team fairly and honestly have to buy in order to win - Mississauga is one of those team - so was Windsor, Erie, Sarnia, Owen Sound, Oshawa, Niagara, Barrie, even London had to buy last year.

<> Barrie is in the same rebuild year as the Ice Dogs. Unfortunately for Barrie the two Russians are one and done - so they may want to go for it while they're still in the OHL.

<> If Hamilton is not trying to win a championship this year, then they mis-calculated the age demographics of their team.

<> Oshawa won the Memorial cup in 2015. It's now 3 years later - they may want to consider making another run at this.

<> ...and of course you forgot about London! Hunter has the talent - and the ego to go for it! The Knights will be buyers!

Last edited by Blacksox; 11-07-2017 at 07:06 PM.