Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,118    Downloads: 826,388   Msgs Posted: 110,480   Thread Views: 16,325,414   Online Now: 79
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,174 Times in 649 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Dogs aren’t getting Bayfield they have been horrible lately but will still make the playoffs Bayfield is going to Michigan IMO just not sure what team yet

Will he be going to Michigan if London finishes last ?

HAHAHAHA

#doubtfulonbothstatements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta give credit where it’s due on this one. A really good, focused performance today. I was hoping for their best players to be their best players, and I think they were today. Focused, or ‘playing guilty’, I’m not sure; but a win is a win. Oh well, just take the two points (in regulation ) and get the hell outta there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 12:12 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,465 Times in 681 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

IceDogs back on win track
http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2...k-on-win-track

“It was really important for the confidence of everybody.” Burke said. “It’s just one game but there are a lot of positives that we can build on going forward.”
Old 11-13-2017, 07:39 AM
3rd Line

jumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nicejumbo1290 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Love your optimism, that one game trend really inspired you huh?
In general, media loves to report the negative and play it up; people get caught up in that and continually repeat negative aspects. there's 50 games left, anything can happen; our young team can and will get better. how soon is anyone's guess.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,465 Times in 681 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Ice Dogs win – and this thread goes almost completely silent.

In the first 18 hours from puck drop – only 6 users commented on a really important and positive response by the Ice Dogs - following that forgettable game against Barrie.

The night before, when the Ice Dogs lost to Barrie – in the first 18 hours from puck drop, 14 different users came on the thread to criticise the team’s uninspired play (myself included).

It unfortunate that fan forum members tend to disappear when the Ice Dogs win – and the pages fill with negative comments when they lose.

This post is NOT meant to be critical – just making an observation.

On this site, it’s each individual’s prerogative to express the opinions they prefer to share and when they want to share them.

Go Dogs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 08:18 AM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

A win is less polarizing than a bad loss. I don't have the stats that's more a Blacksox thing, but fans tend to talk about other things when the play is what they expect.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:19 AM
4th Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

did any one notice they reunighted last years best line jones thomas and corneal and they were the best line in the game about time
Old 11-13-2017, 08:52 AM
3rd Line

Newdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud ofNewdawgsfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
did any one notice they reunighted last years best line jones thomas and corneal and they were the best line in the game about time
I have been saying for a while that I really don't believe that playing Thomas as a centre is best for the team. It may highlight him a bit more ahead of the draft - and being a good centre is more "sexy" than being a good winger - but I really think that Thomas is a winger and that giving him all of the extra responsibility that it requires to be a centreman is not good for him - or the Dogs.

Playing Jones & Corneil with either Maksimov or Thomas and then having Matt Philip as the 2nd line centre, playing with Castleman or Thomas/Maksimov makes a lot more sense to me. But we shall see if that is borne out in the long run as the next few important games happen. Do the coaches stay with Thomas on the wing or move him back to centre?

And after our poor PP performance the last few years, who would believe that as this point in the season we would see Jones tied for most pp goals and Thomas tied for 2nd place in pp assists? I wonder if the new coaching staff (Dent & Sparre) have had that impact?
Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond reputeretired/sectionJ has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion, the team played with much needed energy and I enjoyed that period.
On the other hand and being old school, I did not overly enjoy their play in the 3rd period especially when they went to sort of a prevent defense and spent way too much of the third period in their own end.
I have always thought that the best defense is a good offense. I realize that the game has changed, but, if the puck is at the other end of the rink, the opposition will not score from there (I hope)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 12:32 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
In my opinion, the team played with much needed energy and I enjoyed that period.
On the other hand and being old school, I did not overly enjoy their play in the 3rd period especially when they went to sort of a prevent defense and spent way too much of the third period in their own end.
I have always thought that the best defense is a good offense. I realize that the game has changed, but, if the puck is at the other end of the rink, the opposition will not score from there (I hope)
Unless you have Hardy Astrom in net, no one is scoring on you from their own end. So, I agree, keep the play down there, and keep their goalie busy. I can't stand when a team Turtles with a one goal lead. Makes for boring, and scary hockey. And I had enough scary with Frightmare in The Falls this weekend... Papa Shango, has not aged well... lol
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: