Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,849    Downloads: 2,832,624   Msgs Posted: 140,809   Thread Views: 47,907,013   Online Now: 141
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 11:20 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,019 Times in 686 Posts
Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
We hang on for the win despite a brutal start to period three Michaud with the hat trick including the game winning goal but we have to cut the shots against down.
Oh ya. The shots against is crazy. That is our main weakness at this point.
Old 11-27-2022, 01:53 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I thought the new coach was trying to focus on that LMFAO

Sure two wins this weekend which feels great like the old days, and big crowds love to see that

But lets be honest this team is still trying to put lipstick on a pig

This team is still a disaster

I was just thinking yesterday how bad this team is in their own end and that that is with three OA dmen, and next year those three are gone and who exactly is replacing them ? Yikes next year could be really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2022, 10:08 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!Dogs Enthusiast 104 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
This team is still a disaster
Our new coach has a .500 record. We came back after being down a goal. These guys look hungry for wins.

I am sensing a change in the team. I don't think it is the disaster it was 3 weeks ago.
Old 11-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Big League

From the Standard this morning:

Quote:
Saturday’s victory evened interim head coach Jeff Angelidis’ record at 2-2 and earned the team a day off Sunday and a “fun practice” on Monday.

While Angelidis would like the IceDogs to limit opponents to at most 30 shots per game, he found a lot to like in the come-from-behind win.

“It wasn’t a pretty one tonight, but it will be a Picasso in the morning in the win column when we get up,” he told YourTV’s Al Galloway in a post-game interview.

Daniel Michaud, with a hat trick; Kevin He, with two markers, including the Teddy Bear Toss goal to open the scoring 12:09 into the game; and Gerard Keane found the back of the net for the IceDogs. Josh Rosenzweig made 45 saves to earn his second win of the Ontario Hockey League season and first since Oct. 1.

On Friday, Niagara players made a point of retrieving the last puck used in the game and awarding it to Angelidis.

“I will remember this one for a while, that’s for sure,” he said. “But it is about the players, it’s about the team first. It’s a massive two points.

“Yes, two points, needed, get the monkey off the back, but I’m thrilled for the fans. They were great tonight. It was loud in that building. They deserved the win.”
Good work Coach, keep it up!

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...t-weekend.html
Old 11-27-2022, 05:58 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,484 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Outshot 173-106
This is with a coach trying to cut down on shots against
Should be thankful they are 2-2

I do agree at least from the box scores and Fridays game I watched they at least seem to be creating better scoring chances and staying out of the box

See what happens when Mr. Undisciplined returns to the lineup

Thankful at least they got a few W

Old 11-27-2022, 06:08 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Outshot 173-106
This is with a coach trying to cut down on shots against
Should be thankful they are 2-2

I do agree at least from the box scores and Fridays game I watched they at least seem to be creating better scoring chances and staying out of the box

See what happens when Mr. Undisciplined returns to the lineup

Thankful at least they got a few W

Although I agree with you we are giving up too many shots still heís only been here two weeks so letís see what happens with hopefully another week of practice and hopefully cato isnít out too long again
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 11:44 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

Yes, these two improvements are why we got the two wins. IMO. The penalties were killing us.
Old 11-28-2022, 03:33 PM
1st Line

5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute5 for fighting has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Yes, these two improvements are why we got the two wins. IMO. The penalties were killing us.
Actually the only reason we won on Saturday is because North Bayís goalie had a bad game. There is no way we would have won that game if their goalie played better. Shots were 50-24.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2022, 03:44 PM
Big League

I am thrilled we can have a discussion on why we beat a better team ;-)

Lets hope we have this discussion a lot more often.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:46 PM
3rd Line

DJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to beholdDJBrooks is a splendid one to behold

Lets just hope it sticks but they showed more jam this week for sure.

How many times did North Bay "come back" but they never got the defeated body language we saw earlier.

I will agree with the comments above thought that being outshot like this isn't a sustainable way to win games, but at least its a start. A lot of heavy lifting still to do though, I wouldn't get too excited yet. This team won their first two games of the year.
The Following User Says Thank You to DJBrooks For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread