Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,850    Downloads: 2,832,954   Msgs Posted: 140,832   Thread Views: 47,940,701   Online Now: 131
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,934 Times in 2,020 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
So, with what you all expect to happen, I guess we might as well get this started now...

What players are you most looking forward to seeing in training camp? I gotta say with what Joey Burke had to work with, Isaac Enright is a real nice piece to start with. Good size, smooth skater, good hands.
Along with Isaac Enright, the IceDogs did well to move up and draft Landon Cato. Here are some of his individual game scouting reports.

#2 Landon Cato, D, Toronto Nationals
Of great size at 6-foot-2 and 180-pounds, Cato will have no trouble adapting to the physical demands of hockey at the next-level. His strong skating and competitiveness should allow him to excel relatively quickly.

Cato possesses size and strength and uses it in all zones. A pest at times, he makes thunderous hits in the corners and along the boards. He is undoubtedly most talented on the breakout where he makes excellent passes to spring his forwards.

Cato possesses great size and strength that he utilizes to punish opponents. He hit hard in the corners to secure the puck and start the breakout. He made hard-accurate passes out of the zone. He takes away space quickly from attackers and either lay a hit or block a shot attempt.

Cato was certainly one of the better defenseman in the tournament. His large size, smooth skating, and effective passing made the Nationals breakouts seemingly easy every time they left their zone. Cato has a strong shot from the point. Always stays collected and makes smart plays.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-12-2019 at 11:42 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 12:21 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,006 Times in 657 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!

Yep, Cato was the real gem, I thought, of the kids the Dogs picked up. It’s like I was reading Cato’s profile, and the smile was getting wider with every sentence I read It seems to me that goal-scoring really hasn’t been a problem in Niagara for some time now. The problems lay in defence; more specifically moving the puck accurately and quickly up-ice and getting a real good transition game going.
I think the Dogs’ defence has never been the same ever since Dougie Hamilton graduated. And not just in puck separation and transition, but a D-man who consistently caused pain to the opposing forwards. Smashing them into the boards. And that is what I hope Cato can do
GDG
Old 04-13-2019, 10:32 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Don’t get too excited about Cato...on his twitter profile joy even a peep about being drafted by the Dogs and one of his most recent tweets (he’s not very active on twitter) was excited about being selected to attend as USNDTP evaluation camp.

Looking like another high ceiling NCAA player swing and miss by the Dogs in a draft where they couldn’t afford to swing and miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 10:38 AM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Don’t get too excited about Cato...on his twitter profile joy even a peep about being drafted by the Dogs and one of his most recent tweets (he’s not very active on twitter) was excited about being selected to attend as USNDTP evaluation camp.

Looking like another high ceiling NCAA player swing and miss by the Dogs in a draft where they couldn’t afford to swing and miss.

I think we need to wait and see whether or not he does show up at training camp. I am sure that Joey does not want a repeat of what happened last year and has probably spent a great deal of time with Cato and his family. I am confident that this will be one of our better draft picks. Go Dogs Go
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,584 Times in 1,485 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
I think we need to wait and see whether or not he does show up at training camp. I am sure that Joey does not want a repeat of what happened last year and has probably spent a great deal of time with Cato and his family. I am confident that this will be one of our better draft picks. Go Dogs Go

Well hopefully you are right

But wasn’t the same kind of talk said about Halliday last year too ?

We need to figure out how to properly (pay) recruit these NCAA kids to bring this franchise to the next level so we don’t have to constantly overpay and mortgage the future to put our team over the top ...

Old 04-13-2019, 12:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,391 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

What this organisation needs to do is to start developing players and become a power house team, year in and year out,.
That will draw prospects just like what happens with the Evil Empire.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
What this organisation needs to do is to start developing players and become a power house team, year in and year out,.
That will draw prospects just like what happens with the Evil Empire.
That’s easier said than done IMO
Old 04-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
Burke guarenteed he would be here next season...thats money in the bank as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by Chipperdog; 04-13-2019 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,391 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

A follow up to #507

That is still what needs to be done.
London was terrible and then the Hunters bought the team and did it the right way. Having the NHL contact that they had and still have did not hurt them building the franchise to what it is now.

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 04-13-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 01:22 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,069 Times in 865 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
A follow up to #507

That is still what needs to be done.
London was terrible and then the Hunters bought the team and did it the right way. Having the NHL contact that they had and still have did not hurt them building the franchise to what it is now.
If it can somehow be done then I agree it should be done but we have a few problems 1 no former NHLer as an owner 2 everyone loves to say London gets special treatment that others don’t how do we get that same thing and 3 we have to draft guys who say “we’re going to the NCAA” like London do and get them to report