Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,693    Downloads: 1,479,517   Msgs Posted: 128,219   Thread Views: 24,412,202   Online Now: 106
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:07 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Out of curiosity... how would you ever hear if the Dogs are lying or making excuses? I'm guessing you weren't in the room or a third party on a phone call during any conversations.
I bet he could tell you the attendance numbers in the room though.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:13 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Well, I have heard this as well...Zack Wilkie..
If so, thats unbelievable to lose so much for an average player at best!!
Anyone else, hearing this?
Someone must have the inside scoop
Or if that's the player he made the whole thing up and the OHL bought it. Wilkie spent his last year here claiming he was wonderful and demanding top D minutes. Ultimately the only way they could shop him was as a package deal with Aagaard.

My point is if he was that "mistaken" about his talent and worth maybe he also convinced himself he had a secret deal too?

Just spitballing it, no proof, no inside track.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:30 PM
4th Line

Dawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really niceDawger is just really nice

Please dont tell me Zach Wilkie is going to cost us 2 first rounders! Please say the appeal is going forward and has a chance!
Old 03-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,033 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawger View Post
Please dont tell me Zach Wilkie is going to cost us 2 first rounders! Please say the appeal is going forward and has a chance!

Purportedly the Icedogs reneging on a deal is what is going to cost us 2 first rounders....

Make a deal with someone ... honour it ...

Guessing they weren’t going to give him $250k lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2019, 09:52 PM
4th Line

bones is a glorious beacon of lightbones is a glorious beacon of lightbones is a glorious beacon of lightbones is a glorious beacon of lightbones is a glorious beacon of lightbones is a glorious beacon of light

What would you do if you didn’t do the deal?
The Following User Says Thank You to bones For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 10:11 PM

Thanked 3,325 Times in 1,818 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
What would you do if you didnít do the deal?
That's been my point all along. If one of my trusted employees made a promise without my knowledge, that I never sanctioned, would I pay up? Hell no! I suppose there is the argument that it might be cheaper to pay off an extortionist sooner than face the music for someone else's blunder, but then where is my assurance that the extortionist is done?? Nothing stops that person from coming back tomorrow and raising the stakes - particularly if they have nothing else going for them and you paid hush money in the first place.

It is harder to stand up and risk taking some lumps later on if the extortionist calls you, but morally it is the better course.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,033 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I have a really hard time believing Bill Sr et al wasn’t aware of any ‘recruiting incentives’ ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2019, 10:29 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
What would you do if you didnít do the deal?
I have the same hunch. I think the Burke's trusted ________ to do the right thing and he let them down. I honestly believe they are good and decent people and that their crime was putting too much faith in someone. You can see the family approach they take with their own players and staff, even honoring players on the opposing team. Winning at all costs and without integrity does not fit. I think they will end up paying a fine of some sort for the actions of other people but it will be reduced from the original sanction because that person (whoever it may be) is not with the organization any longer.
Old 03-15-2019, 10:33 PM
1st Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I have a really hard time believing Bill Sr et al wasn’t aware of any ‘recruiting incentives’ ....
Based on what? It's not like there was an extra cheque for a certain player - the poop so far is that they didn't pay and that's why the kid blew the whistle. Do you think before ________ left he authored a to do list of false promises that he made to other players to get them to report to Niagara?
Old 03-19-2019, 04:26 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,123 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Playoffs are right around the corner but, this topic of sanctions is still with us.
Here is another note from our not so Ice Dogs friend........

OHLInsiders

@OHLinsiders
Following Following @OHLinsiders
More OHLInsiders Retweeted Rick Westhead
Remember those lies I talked about last week? ��OHLInsiders added,
Rick Westhead
Verified account

@rwesthead
“In May 2018 the former player complained ... the IceDogs had promised him $10,000 for every year he played with them (four years) in a side contract that was not disclosed to the league and that they had not paid him.” https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status...68593802141701
1:32 PM - 19 Mar 2019
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: