Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,683    Downloads: 1,476,106   Msgs Posted: 128,184   Thread Views: 24,359,190   Online Now: 47
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:07 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,459 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default Jonathon Schaefer

Early in the year, the return of OA Jonathon Schaefer was not well received by IceDog fans (myself included) but since his return from that 6 game suspension - something has clicked for Schaefer.

Defensively, Schaefer has been rock solid. Game in game out, he has been consistently good. He takes the man, blocks a ton of shots, plays with an edge (but not over the edge) and his breakout passes - transitioning the IceDogs from defense to offense have been pin-point accurate.

At the start of the season, I was upset (and critical) that the drop-off from OA W.Lochead to OA. J.Schaefer would adversely affect the IceDogs’ chances of winning games. Well, I’ve watched enough London games lately - to safely tell you the difference in those two are negligible at this point in the season.

Beside, we should all be glad that we were not fooled into cheering for someone whose true colours were revealed by this classless act – showing no loyalty or respect for the IceDogs and their fans.

Win or lose, I’d prefer to root for someone who has given his all to our community and local junior team – and whose character is represent by this…

Cheers to Jonathon Schaefer for proving me wrong!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 02:16 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,081 Times in 737 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Always liked him
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 03:31 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Early in the year, the return of OA Jonathon Schaefer was not well received by IceDog fans (myself included) but since his return from that 6 game suspension - something has clicked for Schaefer.

Defensively, Schaefer has been rock solid. Game in game out, he has been consistently good. He takes the man, blocks a ton of shots, plays with an edge (but not over the edge) and his breakout passes - transitioning the IceDogs from defense to offense have been pin-point accurate.

At the start of the season, I was upset (and critical) that the drop-off from OA W.Lochead to OA. J.Schaefer would adversely affect the IceDogs’ chances of winning games. Well, I’ve watched enough London games lately - to safely tell you the difference in those two are negligible at this point in the season.

Beside, we should all be glad that we were not fooled into cheering for someone whose true colours were revealed by this classless act – showing no loyalty or respect for the IceDogs and their fans.

Win or lose, I’d prefer to root for someone who has given his all to our community and local junior team – and whose character is represent by this…

Cheers to Jonathon Schaefer for proving me wrong!

And important in that dressing room as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 04:20 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

He hits guys like he's 6 ft 2...loving his grit
Old 02-22-2019, 05:30 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,120 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I too and starting to change my mind on him...
Old 02-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,985 Times in 1,459 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
He hits guys like he's 6 ft 2...loving his grit
Old 02-22-2019, 06:35 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah and some of our bigger guys should learn from him...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,033 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

He has been better than I thought he would be this year too I have to agree ... he started the year off poorly IMO but he’s been very good the last lil while ...

However my point is ...

If you are trying to win it all ... is he good enough to be one of your three OA?

Not sure about that ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2019, 11:52 PM

Thanked 3,325 Times in 1,818 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
He has been better than I thought he would be this year too I have to agree ... he started the year off poorly IMO but he’s been very good the last lil while ...

However my point is ...

If you are trying to win it all ... is he good enough to be one of your three OA?

Not sure about that ....
The back half of the ice was not a priority. The theme has been to outscore what you give up on the defensive side. Schaefer would not have been my ideal choice but he outplays Bukac every night since the trade deadline.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2019, 01:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,033 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
The back half of the ice was not a priority. The theme has been to outscore what you give up on the defensive side. Schaefer would not have been my ideal choice but he outplays Bukac every night since the trade deadline.

Gotta thank the brainiac GM for that illogical logic

Let’s see how this turns out in the playoffs.

Not well for us is my guess .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: