Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,693    Downloads: 1,479,517   Msgs Posted: 128,219   Thread Views: 24,411,884   Online Now: 111
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-04-2019, 06:20 PM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I think these IceDogs are the ultimate example of a team that NEEDS to be on a roll, to come in hot when the playoffs start. If they do, this team could go a long way. If not, this IceDogs team could be really ripe for a first-round upset. And I will go on record as saying if this team starts going teats-up in a playoff series, I have no faith in the Dogs’ coaching staff to pull them out of it. This team has the talent to have gone on multiple 4-, 5-, 6-game win streaks, only to have pooped the bed after 2 or 3-game’ers.
Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said. However, a team with so many IFs and prerequisites attached to it is not a championship team. The champions find a way. This team has to learn that ASAP. The nice part of junior hockey is that it is full of surprises. I'm ready for a surprise from our guys.

I'm a huge fan of the individuals that make up this team right now, I just want to see them play as one cohesive unit all driving in the same direction and we all know where that starts.

Make em' one, Billy!
The Following User Says Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2019, 06:38 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,123 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Unfortunately, I agree with everything you said. However, a team with so many IFs and prerequisites attached to it is not a championship team. The champions find a way. This team has to learn that ASAP. The nice part of junior hockey is that it is full of surprises. I'm ready for a surprise from our guys.

I'm a huge fan of the individuals that make up this team right now, I just want to see them play as one cohesive unit all driving in the same direction and we all know where that starts.

Make em' one, Billy!
Thank you! thank you! thank you! and a million times thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2019, 06:59 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

While I could not agree with you any more: if that hasn’t happened from last September ‘til now, sorry folks, it ain’t happening. This is a bunch of individuals who can play well when they want to. But how many times have we seen it where you would have the dogs in the offence of zone with at least one man open and the puckk never gets to them because the possessor of the park either doesn’t see them or feels like he wants to take the puck in towards the net by himself. The end result being the puck is knocked off their stick, And the play goes back the other way. If the coaches could just instill a bit more awareness of teammates, this team could be absolutely deadly.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:08 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post

Make em' one, Billy!
And let's not forget a lot of them know they can go play pro (AHL) when this (or their) OHL season ends. Will they be thinking of that or wanting to win a championship? We'll soon find out.
Old 03-04-2019, 11:24 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Now we are saying these guys would rather go to the AHL then compete for an OHL Championship.? That is absolutely ludicrous. ..this place is becoming a den of negativity. ..to even suggest these guys are in this for anything less then the ultimate goal of winning it all is totally insulting to these young men. .Go Dogs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 06:47 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I would disagree with in your post is your use of the phrase ‘now we are’. If you want to call someone out and challenge them on what they said in their post, or my post, feel free to do that.
Having said that, I think all anybody here wants is for the Dogs to win a championship, which I thought was the plan, judging by Burke, Burke and Burke’s torching of the Draft Pick Stockpile. Think those trades as Wile E. Coyote packing a room floor to ceiling with TNT, and then realizing only after the fuse was lit that he himself was in the room with the TNT. That’s kind of an analogy for this season. The games of this season are the burning wick.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 07:48 AM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The only thing I would disagree with in your post is your use of the phrase ‘now we are’. If you want to call someone out and challenge them on what they said in their post, or my post, feel free to do that.
Having said that, I think all anybody here wants is for the Dogs to win a championship, which I thought was the plan, judging by Burke, Burke and Burke’s torching of the Draft Pick Stockpile. Think those trades as Wile E. Coyote packing a room floor to ceiling with TNT, and then realizing only after the fuse was lit that he himself was in the room with the TNT. That’s kind of an analogy for this season. The games of this season are the burning wick.
See, even the way someone phrases something in here is taken to task. Someone is always looking to pull apart someone's opinion , inferior expertise or even Grammer. ..lol. I give up Go Dogs Go

Last edited by Chipperdog; 03-05-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:45 AM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
If I am reading what you wrote above correctly, Billy is telling us that the coaching staff is not responsible for that?
I call bull on that statement.
There were many times throughout the game that Billy and the coaching staff were calling their players off the ice due to a long shift and they weren't going off. The coaching staff was well aware of those who were taking a long shift. They can't run out onto the ice and pull them off so in my opinion, if the players aren't listening or watching their shifts, even while the coaches are yelling at them, I don't fault the coaches at all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoneHead For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2019, 09:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,123 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
There were many times throughout the game that Billy and the coaching staff were calling their players off the ice due to a long shift and they weren't going off. The coaching staff was well aware of those who were taking a long shift. They can't run out onto the ice and pull them off so in my opinion, if the players aren't listening or watching their shifts, even while the coaches are yelling at them, I don't fault the coaches at all.
I, on the other hand 100% fault the coaching staff after reading what you wrote above.
Discipline starts with the staff and if they cannot control the players, Mother and Father should be doing something about it.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:52 AM
Big League

RSJ, I’m with you on that: just another thing that should have been taken care of in September. It’s a little late now.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: